Pages:
Author

Topic: This is bad - page 3. (Read 1016 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
Catalog Websites
August 16, 2018, 10:41:26 PM
Please permit me, but this topic makes a good read for humor. I really enjoy the fire and cross fire discussions yet not to take away the points being raised.

The issue of shitpost is a controversial one. And I keep asking, what are the characteristics of a shitpost? Until all of us have some agreed qualification of what constitutes a shitpost, we will continue to have this kind of threads and hot debates.

Thanks to the democratic nature of bitcointalk.org that somehow allow for such freeness of expression of thought.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
August 16, 2018, 10:19:15 PM
Fuck T-Man. Who gives a fuck what that twerp thinks.
You, apparently.

Most of you legendary fucks are complaining about how there are spam posts but what have you fucking done about it? Nothing.
Legendary members cant ban or mute members. Their reports are pretty much the same compared to reports by any ranked members; also, you're speaking as if legendary members has magical powers that can magically stop people from posting spam.

And now you're calling them "legendary fucks" after complaining about a similar name calling. Quite ironic, ain't it? Get outta here.

The only thing ironic is here is how you didn't get the context in which i told that. umm it's my post why don't you get outta here?

haha sure buddy. Whining on forums isn't going to get you anywhere or isn't going to help you move forward. Just to let you know if you haven't realized that by now.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
August 16, 2018, 07:19:13 PM
No. People like you ruined it  in the first place and now you want to "make it a better place". Yeah right.
Tongue
Oops! Also, stop showing people my hypocritic nature.

OP man, shit happens. People say things at you. I have been on both ends, and all I learnt stop giving a fuck on what people think or say about you, be it IRL or on the internet. If someone calls you a cunt, don't be like "I am offended, he cannot talk to me like that." He can,but its on him if chooses to or not. You can try to prove him wrong. If you don't like a user,ignore him. That will be in your best interests. This is the INTERNET, people talk thrash everywhere, most of them don't mean it.     d

People on this forum start swearing and be rude on all members irrelevant of rank, trust, merit, someother judgement criteria, because a lot of things happened here, which you have no clue of, people have actual trust issues. Even the most reputed members go down and their friends won't be able to support them. There's a lot more I can tell you, but before all that, you need to mature up and not take everything super seriously.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
August 16, 2018, 06:41:58 PM
Most ya'll are telling this topic has already been discussed but what change has it bought? Fuck T-Man. Who gives a fuck what that twerp thinks. Most of you legendary fucks are complaining about how there are spam posts but what have you fucking done about it? Nothing.

This is confusing. Are you complaining about TMAN or having a crush on him?

Legendary fucks tend to report spam to moderators compared to Jr. fucks who create whiny threads when things don't go their way.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
August 16, 2018, 04:51:57 PM
The way I see it is you are the only one who mentioned the word "rank" and also made this topic relating into ranks yet TMAN pnly commented on your post not involving anythimg related to your rank. So far what I can tell is you are making this situation related to your rank which you are kinda reaching. Sorry but I feel the same way as what TMAN is saying that you are here looking for merits in order to rank up. Yes people with money can buy higher ranked accounts is unfair but our DT members are giving an extra effort on catching them.
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
August 16, 2018, 04:41:37 PM
OP, don't get offended. TMAN actually is a good forum member  (my honest opinion). Overtime you will be ok with him. It's his style of talking to others.

I was offended by him  long ago, when I was new to the forum.

so people, stop bitching and contribute..
Right this isnt 100% Meta, but as this is where the most bitching is done about the system I am posting here..
Please use this as a reference for any more bitching and moaning, tell people to step up the game to be more like nullius...  

It's a new place to you. Once you start spending more time, you will start making friends (Not sure if friend is the correct word LOL), well-wishers.

It's interesting to read some of the responses on that topic LOL...

No. People like you ruined it  in the first place and now you want to "make it a better place". Yeah right.
Tongue

Fuck you op. Get a life this isn't pre school

@OP: see my merit history...
There are handsome number of members here you will find they won't do this if you end up with having a bad experience with them.

A little moral: Don't let the negative energy to control you, instead use it to go higher. Others will notice.
Activity: 91
Merit: 1
August 16, 2018, 01:06:42 PM
You, apparently.

Most of you legendary fucks are complaining about how there are spam posts but what have you fucking done about it? Nothing.
Legendary members cant ban or mute members. Their reports are pretty much the same compared to reports by any ranked members; also, you're speaking as if legendary members has magical powers that can magically stop people from posting spam.

And now you're calling them "legendary fucks" after complaining about a similar name calling. Quite ironic, ain't it? Get outta here.

The only thing ironic is here is how you didn't get the context in which i told that. umm it's my post why don't you get outta here?
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
August 16, 2018, 12:41:45 PM
You, apparently.

Activity: 66
Merit: 62
August 16, 2018, 12:10:09 PM
Just going to quote the rules/FAQ, might give you an explanation to your problem/rant:

Q: Someone insulted me. Why aren't you deleting his post/thread?
A: Possible (since we don't have the time or resources to check) insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic. For example, posting something like "you are dumb" will be deleted as it contains no meaningful content. However, if the post is somehwere along the lines of "You are dumb. This is wrong because this website/thread/etc. has explained it's not right", it's in most cases accepted.

People are probably going to say shitty things to you on the forum, which sucks, but that's the reality. If you really think that the post violates this, you should just report it.

Let's just remember though that just because we can throw insults at each other doesn't mean we should. Let's try to be civil y'all
Activity: 952
Merit: 166
August 16, 2018, 10:29:24 AM
GROW A THICKER SKIN...

IMO

Ignore the inbred, paw-licking, racist mother-fuckers... All they wanna do is earn money; if you ain't filling their pockets; they'll abuse u without any reason...

And yeah... Call them what you will... Just try to protect your real life identity or they'll call u and ur mother and try to extort... Ofc when it fails they'll call it a sting...

P.S. I believe that most of the staff and admins are in on this... So be careful...
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1043
Need A Campaign Manager? | Contact Little_Mouse
August 16, 2018, 10:15:32 AM
Just because you belong to higher rank doesn't mean that you can call posts that's put up junior members and newbies as shit.
Most of the people with the same rank as you are spamming all over the forum so no doubt that your posts are considered by high ranked members as "shit". Take note "MOST" not all.

The reason we have this rank means that we are still learning and getting better.
I will say it again, most of the users who have the same rank as you are only here just to do bounty campaigns and they are considered spammers by most people here. Take note "MOST" not all. I believe there are only a few people who want to learn here especially in your rank

You have to teach us and not abuse us. I have seen other legendary members explain stuff in a way i understand but this is uncalled for.
The forum has all of the information already. They don't need to spoon feed all of the new users here and teach you like you are a student. Be initiative and use the search bar. You can find almost all of the information here scattered.

More than anything there has to be equality in the forum and we will have to treat everyone in the same way. Moderators have to look at this guy and ban him instantly. He not only abused me by calling my post shit but he also racially abused me.
Anybody can call you anything and they can do it to me too. They can call me a shitposter (which is half true Cheesy), a stupid idiot, an alien that came from space, they can call me the creator of X coin if they want too. This is internet lols. Don't take what they are saying here seriously.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 3199
August 16, 2018, 08:12:11 AM
Well, at least it is "thanking God" this time no complain or ask thread about Merit!

LOL    Grin   Tongue   Wink
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
August 16, 2018, 08:03:17 AM
The forum doesn't ban scammers but you want the forum to ban a user for calling you names and being a potty mouth?  

Thank fucking christ this forum allows me to choose my own words, unlike the vast majority of the rest of the shit hole that is the world wide web.

Most ya'll are telling this topic has already been discussed but what change has it bought? Fuck T-Man. Who gives a fuck what that twerp thinks. Most of you legendary fucks are complaining about how there are spam posts but what have you fucking done about it? Nothing.

Actually there are a lot of us that report posts, suggest ideas for improving the problem help newbies and are generally part of the community.  Some of them ban users and delete posts.

Some of them have been doing it for years.  Only the admins have the ability to make the changes, why they haven't well if you searched you would see theymos has commented on why the forum is in the state it's in.
Activity: 91
Merit: 1
August 16, 2018, 07:56:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
August 16, 2018, 07:37:28 AM
Mentioning shit on a post is not new in here, if a user post useless threads or out of topic replies you can call it shit-posting its not a big deal here because there are lots of spammers here who post non sense topic's and give out of the topic response.

TMAN replies like that not because the topic is nonsense, but because it has been discussed many times, and seeing the same topic being created again is annoying because he can reply in the old thread. Which is why he suggests the OP to search first before creating the thread.

At some point this newbie is right we cant talk to anyone that can hurt their feelings, Yes there are lots of new accounts created day by day that post only trash in the forum but we cant look at them like they are all the same because there are legit new users that desire to be a part of the forum.

Easier said than done. Believe me, it is hard to not believe they're the same shitposters if their post quality is not so different. In here, your post quality 'determine' who you are. 
Activity: 364
Merit: 46
August 16, 2018, 06:39:42 AM
Im not on anyone side...

Mentioning shit on a post is not new in here, if a user post useless threads or out of topic replies you can call it shit-posting its not a big deal here because there are lots of spammers here who post non sense topic's and give out of the topic response.

Maybe you can just accept what he call's you and make it as your motivation to be a more effective and useful member in this forum, Im also one of the newbie user here and called spammer/one liner by other high rank members because of the reason that Im a beginner in this forum but until now Im still learning and aiming for a higher rank to prove those people who called me spammer before that Im not that kind of forum member anymore.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___

At some point this newbie is right we cant talk to anyone that can hurt their feelings, Yes there are lots of new accounts created day by day that post only trash in the forum but we cant look at them like they are all the same because there are legit new users that desire to be a part of the forum.

I reviewed the profile of this newbie and he is not that bad in posting like the other newbie users and I can see that this user really interested to learn and be a good part of this forum.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
August 16, 2018, 06:19:20 AM
Sure yeah. It completely depends on the question though. About learning about blockchain though? I'm pretty sure majority of the content out there are still decently dated. Also, while doing proper research you should also take into consideration the date of the article you're reading in the first place.
Yeah, as a generalized view repetitive questions aren't that bad. People tend to understand better if they can ask their own questions in their words though. Blockchain, is a topic which is well documented enough. But, things like Bitcoin wallets for example might sound like they are well covered, but receive updates all the time which could change things or make things easier.
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
August 16, 2018, 06:18:59 AM
You can talk your mind but there has to be some consequences a person has to face if he talks shit.
Why? Maybe you're still in school so you haven't learnt this yet, but outside of the schoolyard, people talk shit. There is no crying "Teacher, he called me a bad name!" in the real world, or on the Internet. Mere insults do not always (or even usually) warrant further action. You just have to grow a skin and deal with it.

"The internet is not for sissies." - Paul Vixie
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 16, 2018, 06:16:52 AM
Don't quote long posts!

What's wrong with asking what courses to do or how to learn blockchain
Low effort posting isn't allowed. Search a bit before just advertising your signature.

Yes, I do lack initiative
If you know that already, and post useless posts anyway, how can you not expect to be called a shitposter?

but that doesn't mean i will never become good at it
What do you expect? Credit for posts you may make 4 years from now?

You can talk your mind but there has to be some consequences a person has to face if he talks shit.
I've seen people say much worse things on this forum. It's called freedom of speech, and that doesn't end when you feel "insulted". TMAN isn't subtle, not only to you. But if you think you can cry when someone on the internet is mean to you, you'd better grow a pair.
And for the "Rank" argument: I recently had a Jr. Member talk shit to me. Who cares?
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
August 16, 2018, 06:13:46 AM
~
What's wrong with asking what courses to do or how to learn blockchain and thank you for sharing how to embed an image. Yes, I do lack initiative but that doesn't mean i will never become good at it and yes, You can talk your mind but there has to be some consequences a person has to face if he talks shit.

Here's another tip > Don't quote the whole long posts, be on the save side and read the rules man. Just replace the irrelevant part or the whole text of the quote with something like this >

Code:
~ or -snip-

Regarding where and how to learn about blockchain and bitcoin, there are many resources in the forum, I know it's not easy to use the search engine here but you have to try.
Here is what I have posted some time ago.. hope it helps. I like to see people hungry for knowledge >

Regarding the existing online courses I can suggest EDX1 as a platform.
Just to add here that edx is free2 platform for online education and certification provided by the world leading universities and organisations like MIT, Boston university, Linux Foundation etc.
Most of the courses are free, you pay only for certificate /world wide accepted/ if you want one.

Course: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
Institution: University of California, Berkeley
Info:
Learn the fundamentals of Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency space, including the basics of smart contracts, the Ethereum platform and how to build decentralized applications.

Course: Blockchain: Understanding Its Uses and Implications
Institution:The Linux Foundation
Info:
Understand exactly what a blockchain is, its impact and potential for change around the world, and analyze use cases in technology, business, and enterprise products and institutions.

Course: Blockchain and FinTech: Basics, Applications, and Limitations
Institution:University of Hong Kong Logo
Info:
Understand the design rationale of blockchain technology, its emerging platforms and applications and uncover the limitations and the opportunities enabled by blockchain applications, particularly as it relates to finance.

Course:Blockchain Technology
Institution:University of California, Berkeley
Info:
Learn the fundamentals of blockchain technology and how it will power the economy of tomorrow.

1 I do not advertise the mentioned above website, I just want to share my experience with you. If you feel that is not acceptable,I'll just delete my post.

2 With "free" I mean you have access almost all the courses and at the end you can decide by yourself if you want to pay for certificate or not. There are some professional courses where you have to pay to enroll like this one, but still it is a good opportunity.
Pages:
Jump to: