Pages:
Author

Topic: This is bad - page 4. (Read 1016 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
August 16, 2018, 06:12:55 AM
Asking those kinds of questions are heavily frowned upon here as we already have the almighty Googlez. Questions in bitcointalk are for things that you couldn't easily find out by doing a google search.
Yeah, but with an evolving technology like Bitcoin there's quite a bit of information which is out of date, and misleading, and that's exactly why a forum is useful for ongoing discussion.

Sure yeah. It completely depends on the question though. About learning about blockchain though? I'm pretty sure majority of the content out there are still decently dated. Also, while doing proper research you should also take into consideration the date of the article you're reading in the first place.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
August 16, 2018, 06:11:03 AM
Asking those kinds of questions are heavily frowned upon here as we already have the almighty Googlez. Questions in bitcointalk are for things that you couldn't easily find out by doing a google search.
Yeah, but with an evolving technology like Bitcoin there's quite a bit of information which is out of date, and misleading, and that's exactly why a forum is useful for ongoing discussion. Its only natural that your going to get repetitive questions every so often. Its really not that big of a deal in my opinion, unless there's literally several other threads ongoing at the same time.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
August 16, 2018, 06:10:51 AM
I have been in this forum for quiet a while i have been seen this happening again and again. Just because you belong to higher rank doesn't mean that you can call posts that's put up junior members and newbies as shit. The reason we have this rank means that we are still learning and getting better. You have to teach us and not abuse us. I have seen other legendary members explain stuff in a way i understand but this is uncalled for. More than anything there has to be equality in the forum and we will have to treat everyone in the same way. Moderators have to look at this guy and ban him instantly. He not abused me by calling my post shit but he also racially abused me.

Did you really need to start a new thread for this?  You could have just reported the posts in question if you believed they broke the rules and/or put the poster concerned on ignore.

Also, you should have linked to the posts in question.  A more descriptive thread title would have helped, too.

While "lurk more" sounds archaic in 2018, it's obvious that you're not aware of the forum's culture of free speech or you wouldn't be appealing to authority because someone hurt your feelings.

Whether it's your intention to farm merits by posting in Meta or not, Meta does seem to be full of unnecessary, low quality threads at the moment.  "Why is this thread even here" is not an unreasonable question to ask of most of them.  Many are repetitious and add nothing of value.  They just clutter Meta and it does appear to observers that they've been started in the hope of the OP being "noticed".

Your particular thread opened with an OP which made a declaration about the "problem" of members selling accounts without providing any evidence whatsoever that it *is* a problem, then you got into slapfights with a couple of posters who expressed the opinion that your thread had no value and just contributed to the problem of low quality content.

We don't "have to" teach you at all.  Whether people feel it's worth putting energy into newbies or not is an entirely personal decision.

There doesn't "have to" be equality in the forum.  It might be what you'd prefer.  It might be what most people would prefer, but this isn't a democracy and neither your preferences nor mine forge the rules.

Moderators do not "have to" ban anyone.  Your insistence that they do, when added to your other "have to"s, just comes across as an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
August 16, 2018, 06:08:16 AM
What's wrong with asking what courses to do or how to learn blockchain and thank you for sharing how to embed an image. Yes, I do lack initiative but that doesn't mean i will never become good at it and yes, You can talk your mind but there has to be some consequences a person has to face if he talks shit.

Yeah I agree that the dude wen't a bit too far with what he/she's saying, but come on. We're in an online forum. Don't take everything seriously. You can call me a dumb idiot and I would just brush it off like nothing happened because.. well.. nothing actually really happened.

Most of them do jut realise that some of us with lower ranks are way more experienced than them. It's just unfortunate that we are usually victims of hacks and other situations. We have no choice but to open a new account and start all over again.
Respect is one of the ideals of any interaction and is highly upheld on this forum. Let's respect one another's views and offer constructive criticisms wherever appropriate.
Sure, low rank doesn't automatically mean that you're less knowledgeable. But I know majority will agree with me here that only a very small percentage of the low ranks actually knows crap about bitcoin or blockchain in general.

Oh I assure you that hackers don't usually target low ranks as they have no reason to do so; compared to successfully hacking high-ranked accounts which they can most likely make money from.
Activity: 91
Merit: 1
August 16, 2018, 06:02:41 AM
I have been in this forum for quiet a while
Almost 5 whole weeks!

Can you guys share your experience and resources to learn about the technical part of bitcoin and blockchain?
And ask questions like this:
Any particular links guys?
It's clear you lack initiative. Search a bit before dumping random questions on the forum.

To embed an image, use this:
Code:
[img width=1294 height=481 alt=Image loading...]https://i.imgur.com/Kflq3cM.png[/img]
Example:
Image loading...

What's wrong with asking what courses to do or how to learn blockchain and thank you for sharing how to embed an image. Yes, I do lack initiative but that doesn't mean i will never become good at it and yes, You can talk your mind but there has to be some consequences a person has to face if he talks shit.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 16, 2018, 05:57:14 AM
I have been in this forum for quiet a while
Almost 5 whole weeks!

Can you guys share your experience and resources to learn about the technical part of bitcoin and blockchain?
And ask questions like this:
Any particular links guys?
It's clear you lack initiative. Search a bit before dumping random questions on the forum.

To embed an image, use this:
Code:
[img alt=Image loading...]https://i.imgur.com/Kflq3cM.png[/img]
Example:
Image loading...
August 16, 2018, 05:55:35 AM
Most of them do jut realise that some of us with lower ranks are way more experienced than them. It's just unfortunate that we are usually victims of hacks and other situations. We have no choice but to open a new account and start all over again.
Respect is one of the ideals of any interaction and is highly upheld on this forum. Let's respect one another's views and offer constructive criticisms wherever appropriate.

We will have to raise our voices against such people. What you are telling is very good. Constructive criticisms is always welcomed but these kind of criticisms not only discourages smaller rank people like us but it also hinders the process of learning as it will we always be scared of what people tell when we post "Stupid" questions.
Activity: 331
Merit: 13
August 16, 2018, 05:50:40 AM
August 16, 2018, 05:46:13 AM

Sorry, I have uploaded the actual image and i have also locked the topic in the other section.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
August 16, 2018, 05:44:06 AM
Sorry mate but you double post it.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--4905122

Let me help. Lock the other thread in Bitcoin discussion board, lower left corner you gonna find a link to lock it.
You gonna find also a link to move the thread next to the lock option. Use it next time instead of creating two similar threads. Smiley
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
August 16, 2018, 05:42:46 AM
August 16, 2018, 05:37:09 AM
I have been in this forum for quiet a while i have been seen this happening again and again. Just because you belong to higher rank doesn't mean that you can call posts that's put up junior members and newbies as shit. The reason we have this rank means that we are still learning and getting better. You have to teach us and not abuse us. I have seen other legendary members explain stuff in a way i understand but this is uncalled for. More than anything there has to be equality in the forum and we will have to treat everyone in the same way. Moderators have to look at this guy and ban him instantly. He not only abused me by calling my post shit but he also racially abused me.

Image loading...
Pages:
Jump to: