Pages:
Author

Topic: This is how 0.037 Bitcoins looks like in Venezuela - page 4. (Read 31697 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
This is why Venezuela will be the first country to adopt a virtual currency.

0.037 Bitcoins o almost 12 Us$

It loos like a lot of money, but is the equivalent to half of the monthly minimum wage

By look of it seem like you have milions

due to the higher price you can get that amount of fiat money for less than 0.03 btc, right now as it is worth $12. it's insane how low in value certain fiat currencies are. glad that there will never be more than 21 million bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

It loos like a lot of money, but is the equivalent to half of the monthly minimum wage

By look of it seem like you have milions
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
That is just absolutly crazy, and a terrible waste of paper printing all that shit, its has less intrinsic value than goat shit, at least it burns......
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
the minimun salary is like 12.000 bsf but with the black marquet $  is 800bsf x $  so the minimun salary is 15$
can you tell me what is bsf ? as i googled for the venezuela currency and i found its abbreviation is VEF and one dollar equals 6.35 VEF only !

bfs is bolivar fuerte just like the vef is the same   ..and the 6,35 vef x 1 $ is the guverment  exchange control the ral value is in the black market  check it http://imgur.com/sWtaQPi
Activity: 544
Merit: 506
Its a matter of the dollar's price in the black market...
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
If you have dollars, holidays in Venezuela is a very good idea.

Even for someone comming from Europa with Euros, Venezuela would be cheap holidays whatever is the flight prices. And when I said cheap holidays, it also means that you will live like a king there Cool.

I don't think that it will be a good idea. First of all, crime rate is quite high nowadays in Venezuela. And also, very few of the locals speak English fluently. Another issue is that you have to stand in long queues (4-5 hours) to get even the basic supplies from the local supermarkets. And there are other issues as well, such as the lack of quality medical care.

Even for someone comming from Europa with Euros, Venezuela would be cheap holidays whatever is the flight prices. And when I said cheap holidays, it also means that you will live like a king there Cool.
If you want to taste national crisis at its finest then you may try to spend vacation there. Believe me, living and even being a tourist in a country with internal problems like major inflation, problems with purchasing basic goods like groceries, an increase of crime in never a good choice. You will be better visiting a country like Egypt right now where there are high chances of ISIS terrorist attack - than Venezuela.

As for the bitcoin - I heard that governments of south american countries are against it and will probably ban every crypto just because it is hard to control cryptomarket.

You are both right. what I said what really simplified. Indeed, if we compare both Egypt and Venezuela, these country are similar in all aspects except the crimes rate (even if ISIS now puts pressure on tourism confidence over Egypt). Nonetheless, the difference between these two countries is that tourism is the first source on income for Egypt, whereas Venezuela generate more revenue with oil. Thus, even if Egyptians suffer from poor living conditions, the latter will not or less likely have conditions on foreigners than in Venezuela.
I have been in Egypt once, and even with crime issues, problem with purchasing basic goods like groceries, etc. believe me you won't feel that staying ou your cosy hotel.
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
Proves how bad fiat is, once again.  Wink

Depends on your country. If you live in the US and your wage is in US dollars you can travel anywhere with a little money. If you are from one of the undeveloped countries life is harder, as we see in Venezuela example.
If you earn Bitcoin online, it's better you live in an undeveloped country. Your reel income is better than anyone else.

You are right, even in developing countries would let you live with ease if you are earning somewhere around BTC0.3 - BTC0.5 at current market rates...
It's an easy life and many are living on Bitcoins I guess, at least I am one of them... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485

http://i.imgur.com/BXJzrBn.jpg

I understand the main point here but photo is not tell everything. For example you can have 1 USD banknotes for 10000 or you can have 100 USD banknotes for 100. That's the same money. It's matter of perspective, but value is the same.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

If you want to taste national crisis at its finest then you may try to spend vacation there. Believe me, living and even being a tourist in a country with internal problems like major inflation, problems with purchasing basic goods like groceries, an increase of crime in never a good choice. You will be better visiting a country like Egypt right now where there are high chances of ISIS terrorist attack - than Venezuela.

As for the bitcoin - I heard that governments of south american countries are against it and will probably ban every crypto just because it is hard to control cryptomarket.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

I don't think that it will be a good idea. First of all, crime rate is quite high nowadays in Venezuela. And also, very few of the locals speak English fluently. Another issue is that you have to stand in long queues (4-5 hours) to get even the basic supplies from the local supermarkets. And there are other issues as well, such as the lack of quality medical care.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 1424

Depends on your country. If you live in the US and your wage is in US dollars you can travel anywhere with a little money. If you are from one of the undeveloped countries life is harder, as we see in Venezuela example.
If you earn Bitcoin online, it's better you live in an undeveloped country. Your reel income is better than anyone else.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never ending parties are what Im into.
Actually most people that have money in Venezuela end up leaving the country because what's the point of living there if you can leave? The murder rate is the highest in the world, poverty is rampant, there are lines of people waiting for basic needs like milk, eggs and toilet paper, it's pretty insane. If I had money, I would just leave.

This is true, but you have to remember that people DON'T have money. And also if you were living there you probably won't be able to get enough money to leave and have a sustainable career. You're pretty much screwed.

The rich wouldn't be there anyway, right? Unless they had huge amounts of protection and lots of people hired by them, of course.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
This is why I think it won't be somewhere like China, England, USA, Germany, etc. will be where bitcoin takes off. I think it will be in countries whose economies are starting to take off and whose currency/banking system is crap. If google ever succeeds in bringing the internet to everyone (I think they have some project where they are trying to make this possible?) just think of the possibilities that will continue to explode online. I look forward to seeing 20 years from now how bitcoin and other digital currencies change the world we live in and give possibilities to people like never before.
Activity: 574
the minimun salary is like 12.000 bsf but with the black marquet $  is 800bsf x $  so the minimun salary is 15$
can you tell me what is bsf ? as i googled for the venezuela currency and i found its abbreviation is VEF and one dollar equals 6.35 VEF only !
legendary
Activity: 1424
I wonder how much cars and houses cost there. I also wonder exported clothings, food, electronic goods etc. cost there. We have 35$ air tax for cell phones for example, they can't even afford that. But if they have a decent internet connection they make fortune from internet.
Activity: 770
Holy cow... That's a freaking lot of money! Well... I agree Venezuela should adopt virtual currency because that's too much for $12. In my country, $12 is equivalent to 3 piece of paper money Grin (we are talking about quantities LOL )
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069
electricity come from big hidroelectric and termoelecrtic plants   , venezuela have  alot of oil and that way the gurvement suplay almost free energy to the people )other way will be to expensive for the workers to pay

Oh I see, so you can really max the benefits in mining then unlike in our country which rely heavily on imported fossil fuel for energy. Our electricity is very costly. Mining plus exchange from dollars to your local money, you'll rake tons of money.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Could someone tell me more info about electricity rate in Venezuela? in us $ please.

we have a mine with 30 s7 and the bill for energy is like 12$ per month
is  like free  this the mean reason to start mining here  Wink

How is it that the value of your money is so little yet your electricity bill is too cheap? I thought it would be higher because purchasing power is too low. What is the source of energy in Venezuela?
electricity come from big hidroelectric and termoelecrtic plants   , venezuela have  alot of oil and that way the gurvement suplay almost free energy to the people )other way will be to expensive for the workers to pay
Pages:
Jump to: