Pages:
Author

Topic: This is how 0.037 Bitcoins looks like in Venezuela - page 7. (Read 31697 times)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
This is just a wee bit off topic, but Venezuela has some pretty sweet designs on their banknotes.  Too bad they're near worthless.  And yep, this is where bitcoin goes into a phonebooth, takes off its glasses, and changes clothes...
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I'm surprised they actually still use that as their currency,  hopefully these kinds of places will come to use Bitcoin.  Anything had to be better than what they are using.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
0.037 btc now are worth ($841 unnofficial exchange rate) 13.000 Bsf or $15.5

the  goverment increased the salary for 30% to reach Bsf 16.400, date 19 october. Now the minimun wage is $20 worth of 0,046, but compared to the inflation rate you know what i mean.

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1171
Just crazy. Here in Serbia 22 years ago was similar situation. On every 30 hour`s price`s was doubled.

After that they made new one`s and this bill become a toy for kidds. I think I have it somewhere in the house, but who know`s where.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358
That looks crazy for that type of country citizen. I guess he can create his own business with that amount of money in that country.
Bitcoin creates miracles. yes.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10

I have not seen this before.  I will need to research it.  That's crazy though! I can't believe this

you can simply buy them on amazon.

http://www.amazon.de/Zimbabwe-Trillion-Inflation-Central-Bank/dp/B00U1ZMYGC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1446274711&sr=8-8&keywords=trillion+dollar

i got myself one like a year ago.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
Lol thats too much notes.. In my country 0.037 btc is settled up with only 2 notes.  Cheesy
Activity: 104
Never risk more than what you're willing to lose
Yeah! It's funny to see how much cash you can get with 0,037 BTC.
If that stack was really $12 and not $120 then holy cow that's a really really bad economy

Did you hear about zimbabwe currency before they change it to euro?

"The highest note to be printed in Zimbabwe was the $100 trillion dollar bill. It was worth as little as US$5 and could only buy two loaves of bread."

100,000,000,000,000 zimbabwe dollar is worth as 5 USD or 0.015BTC
I feel sorry about them.  Undecided

I have not seen this before.  I will need to research it.  That's crazy though! I can't believe this
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
If that stack was really $12 and not $120 then holy cow that's a really really bad economy

Did you hear about zimbabwe currency before they change it to euro?

"The highest note to be printed in Zimbabwe was the $100 trillion dollar bill. It was worth as little as US$5 and could only buy two loaves of bread."

100,000,000,000,000 zimbabwe dollar is worth as 5 USD or 0.015BTC
I feel sorry about them.  Undecided

Venezuela apparently has been selling a big part of its gold stash (which is a pretty large 370 tonnes, or was...):

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-29/venezuela-sells-billions-gold-repay-its-debt

They will have to sell more before too long, or else they will be unable to borrow.

Note that the New York banksters are perfectly OK with receiving gold as "money"!

gold is more true money than fiat currency.

fiat currency isn't money at all in fact.

Gold isnt money either, because it's hard to divide and it has fungibility problems due to forgery.

Bitcoin is the only money around that is both limited, representative of value, and the biggest / safest one out there.

Fiat currency is just a bank note which is = promises that cant be fulfilled.

All of them (fiat money, gold, dollar, yuan and other currencies) are used for trade stuff.
Flash back, i really salute with satoshi nakamoto who can turn their "digital stuff" into real money. (Satoshi Nakamoto is a group name, not only stand for 1 people)

Will come many altcoin too in future.
And when that happen.. Population of bitcoin users will reduced up to 40%

40% Bitcoin and 60% Altcoin.
I can sorta see what I think he means.  Lets say hypothetically bitcoin was more "centralized" by huge mining corps and banks and it wasnt feasable to home mine alts could likely take a turn for the better and become more popular.  I'm not saying this is what will happen just my thoughts.  The beauty of cryptocurrencies is that anyone can create their own unique or cloned coin and if someone can bring value and utility/fungibility to their own coin it becomes a currency of value to whomever finds value in it.  Bitcoin is awesome but some might have reasons for an alt as their choice of coin. All in all yes a very high percentage of alts are just pump and dump coins,  but within the rubbish there are always little gems.  In my mind I cannot see bitcoin without alts or the other way around.

I cannot see bitcoin without alts or the other way around. And this is same with my thinking, in future there are will many new alts, and bitcoin users, probably will use alts too.

40% of all bitcoin users around the world will hold bitcoin and the other 60% will hold alts. Sorry for my bad post.  Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Venezuela apparently has been selling a big part of its gold stash (which is a pretty large 370 tonnes, or was...):

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-29/venezuela-sells-billions-gold-repay-its-debt

They will have to sell more before too long, or else they will be unable to borrow.

Note that the New York banksters are perfectly OK with receiving gold as "money"!

Gold isnt money either, because it's hard to divide and it has fungibility problems due to forgery.

Bitcoin is the only money around that is both limited, representative of value, and the biggest / safest one out there.

All of them (fiat money, gold, dollar, yuan and other currencies) are used for trade stuff.
Flash back, i really salute with satoshi nakamoto who can turn their "digital stuff" into real money. (Satoshi Nakamoto is a group name, not only stand for 1 people)

I can sorta see what I think he means.  Lets say hypothetically bitcoin was more "centralized" by huge mining corps and banks and it wasnt feasable to home mine alts could likely take a turn for the better and become more popular.  I'm not saying this is what will happen just my thoughts.  The beauty of cryptocurrencies is that anyone can create their own unique or cloned coin and if someone can bring value and utility/fungibility to their own coin it becomes a currency of value to whomever finds value in it.  Bitcoin is awesome but some might have reasons for an alt as their choice of coin. All in all yes a very high percentage of alts are just pump and dump coins,  but within the rubbish there are always little gems.  In my mind I cannot see bitcoin without alts or the other way around.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
Fiat money is crap.

Gold used to be currency, but now we have better technology. You are not using washing board instead of washing machine? Do you make a campfire in your room or you use an owen?

Bitcoin is superior technology and it is the real money in 21 century.

No thats not true, thats the lame excuse gold bugs say to demonize bitcoin as money.

We already have thousands of altcoins, and bitcoin makes up 89.022% of the total cryptocurrency sector:

Total Market Cap: $ 5,308,580,616
Bitcoin Market Cap: $ 4,725,833,968
http://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
But you still have to spend the same ratio as the amount's worth...you can't just convert into their currency, come back, and be rich Sad
Absolutely.When their currency has been devalued so much,prices are bound to go high

Goddammit. There go my get rich quick plans.

You can still buy a truckload of it, pray that they stop printing, and one day that truckload of money will be worth billions of $$.

Venezuela might discover cure for cancer, gold synthetization machine, or nano assembly lines that might boost the GDP enormously and make it the richest country on earth.

But if not then you just wasted your money Cheesy

Seems like a waste of time and money. Might as well bet it all on Bitcoin. It's insanely cheap right now compared to the total growth for potential and has more possibilities of changing the world than a country with an endless list of problems such as Venezuela where they will put you on jail if you disagree with the dictator in charge.
Activity: 196
This is the story of a guy that lived one month in my country (Venezuela) with 100€.

http://www.vice.com/es_mx/read/chicas-drogas-y-autos-vivi-un-mes-como-rey-en-venezuela-con-solo-un-billete-100-euros?utm_source=vicetwittermx

It's written in Spanish but try to translate it with Google.

I can say that I'm happy to be a bitcoin miner over here Smiley .
From the pictures he doesn't look to happy.  Undecided
Looks like he either works in a bottle depot or he has to return his bottles to make some money on the side to be able to fly back home Wink

He bought all those beers (238 Total) for just 10 euros. Just to make his point.

Then I would be extremely happy for a half a years supply for almost nothing.
I bet he was smiling later after having a few.
Pages:
Jump to: