Pages:
Author

Topic: This Is Our Last Chance to Protect Our Privacy Amid the COVID-19 Crisis - page 3. (Read 596 times)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 413
I think the problem with people nowadays is that they are too paranoid about government authorities getting emergency powers even if it's approved by their Congress or allowed in their Constitution . I don't know if that is the result of getting used to so much democracy. I think the emergency powers granted in times of crisis like COVID-19 has some restrictions to avoid authorities from abusing it.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

Tracking mobile phones in Korea worked to contain the virus though. They did it just when someone infected who was in the plane, they contact all those in the plane and let them isolate themselves. This is sort of a very effective to them. We might not like this survellance as we want privacy but this works in this kind of crisis. 
legendary
Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020
Get Rekt
"When governments seize emergency powers, they never give them up. Under the pretext of monitoring and tracking the spread of the disease, government mass surveillance via mobile phone tracking risks becoming normalized. Algorithmic bias now goes beyond academic studies as opaque algorithms can and will decide who can travel and work in places like China, and will no doubt soon decide who lives and who dies from the virus. Is this the world we want our children to inherit?"

https://cointelegraph.com/news/this-is-our-last-chance-to-protect-our-privacy-amid-the-covid-19-crisis
Pages:
Jump to: