Pages:
Author

Topic: This message was too old and has been purged - page 9. (Read 12669 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
February 24, 2016, 09:22:33 PM
is it possible for us to multiple the ELC supply by 20 * to 100 million?

then every donator will get 20 *  ELC  of  current balance.

It is not a big deal, but maybe good for future liquidity.

Activity: 432
Merit: 251
––Δ͘҉̀░░
February 24, 2016, 07:10:16 PM
Will this be compatible with BOINC projects? Could you give the task folding@home, pay some etc and have miners computate?

Well, it depends on the definition of "compatible".
I am pretty sure that you can take a task from folding@home and have it solved by the Elastic Coin network (or its miners).

The recent discussion in the old thread was mainly all about moving away from the restrictions on how a PoW program has to look like (as written in the white paper). Instead we want to support arbitrary PoW functions with no limitations .. so yes, this includes a folding@home task as well.  Wink
Wow, thats amazing, thats the best plan for PoW I've heard so far, its really the direction I imagined PoW to go since I first heard of bitcoin. Can't wait to see it in action.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
love life...
February 24, 2016, 06:52:20 PM
where can you cop elastic coin from ?   Embarrassed
Activity: 651
Merit: 518
February 24, 2016, 05:49:05 PM
Joined crowdfunding, very interesting project indeed!
legendary
Activity: 1148
February 24, 2016, 04:35:57 PM
how many people in you team now? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168
February 24, 2016, 04:03:16 PM
This message was too old and has been purged
Activity: 432
Merit: 251
––Δ͘҉̀░░
February 24, 2016, 01:55:50 PM
Will this be compatible with BOINC projects? Could you give the task folding@home, pay some etc and have miners computate?
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
February 24, 2016, 01:49:11 PM

But I do not like the idea of having any companies, lawyers, or third party escrows involved.
All this corporate stuff has destroyed so many currencies, even Bitcoin has suffered hard after the foundation was formed and institutional players got involved.

Its reassuring to hear you express this opinion.

If somebody you are dealing with hires a lawyer, I guarantee its not for your benefit. Lawyers mean contracts and t&cs that I won't read, wouldn't understand if I did, but that give me a vague feeling that I'm probably being scammed or abused in some way.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
February 24, 2016, 01:46:51 PM
I to would have advised a restart of the whole project.  But, its is past that point now and we should go forward, the updated whitepaper will be out soon, EK has been upfront and fair in returning funds.  While it may affect the ico those that see the potential for this will still fund it, even at a decreasing amount.

I for one find this idea interesting and see its usefulness.
legendary
February 24, 2016, 01:17:54 PM
LISK maybe a well planned scheme to bring BTC from investors to organizer.

But I didn't see any bright future.  

It is their whim continuously compared LIST to Eth, but honestly I don't see slightest resemblance.

People will not reap profits from project like that, and I do believe Crypti guys are not competent for that.

As to Elastic, I love to take risk, and the approach dev take.

Maybe a huge risk, but worth taking risk.

from beginning,  dev is not asking huge amount of money and now even refund is possible.

Pls.

I will only watch from now on.  and hope God bless us.

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
February 24, 2016, 01:06:41 PM

Personally I don't think that's necessary, and I think its a bit early to have much idea how well this ICO is going to do - you aren't going to get 100s of btc per day in a sale that lasts for 6 months or something.

True, but since this ICO does the sliding reward thing, there is also the danger that by the time the whitepaper is finalized, team background provided, and so on, very few will want to invest because of the discrepancy in rewards. Maybe it's just me, but it seems wrong to ask for money if a coin doesn't have a whitepaper yet.
February 24, 2016, 01:04:17 PM
since some one mentioned LISK here,

I have to say LISK is so fishy, I'd rather throw money here, not go to Crypti 2.0. they want to screw ppl twice?

I really don't see anything special in LISK, and I don't know who exactly put money in ICO. maybe those ppl behind the whole scheme.

I didn't mean my post to imply people should invest into Lisk. I meant Elastic should look at how they set their ICO up, use it as a template (or just get ideas) on how to set this one up. It's very professional, and has taken in a ton of money, really quickly.

I also doubt the founders had 750+ btc sitting around to invest in their own coin... I expect it's mostly people who missed the boat on ETH, or those who made a lot of profit from it, investing over there.
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
February 24, 2016, 01:02:46 PM
I know I suggested this to EK, but will mention it here too ... I think the entire ICO should start over from scratch.

Just make this a pre-announcement. Keep the ICO on hold until the whitepaper is finished.

Then set things up proper ... escrow, lawyer (ideally) involved, do some marketing before the ICO, announce which coders are involved with the project, every team member, backgrounds and so on.

I mentioned to EK how Lisk's ICO is doing, for instance (over 750 btc in like 2 days). Look at how they set theirs up. I'm not saying Elastic would do as well, but it could do a lot better than it has been as far as money taken in.

Personally I don't think that's necessary, and I think its a bit early to have much idea how well this ICO is going to do - you aren't going to get 100s of btc per day in a sale that lasts for 6 months or something.
legendary
February 24, 2016, 12:56:57 PM
since some one mentioned LISK here,

I have to say LISK is so fishy, I'd rather throw money here, not go to Crypti 2.0. they want to screw ppl twice?

I really don't see anything special in LISK, and I don't know who exactly put money in ICO. maybe those ppl behind the whole scheme.

February 24, 2016, 12:37:32 PM

In my opinion EK should make one, and only one rock-solid unbreakable commitment at this point.  And that is that anybody who has cotributed BTC so far can have their money back right now, no questions asked, and that this offer will remain in place until we can come up with a clear, coherent statement of what it is we are proposing to do.

Other than that, everything should be up for discussion, including the terms of the crowdfunding.

I know I suggested this to EK, but will mention it here too ... I think the entire ICO should start over from scratch.

Just make this a pre-announcement. Keep the ICO on hold until the whitepaper is finished.

Then set things up proper ... escrow, lawyer (ideally) involved, do some marketing before the ICO, announce which coders are involved with the project, every team member, backgrounds and so on.

I mentioned to EK how Lisk's ICO is doing, for instance (over 750 btc in like 2 days). Look at how they set theirs up. I'm not saying Elastic would do as well, but it could do a lot better than it has been as far as money taken in.
legendary
February 24, 2016, 12:15:22 PM
legendary
February 24, 2016, 12:07:26 PM
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
February 24, 2016, 11:13:47 AM
i'm not a coder,so my help in this initial step is ZERO, but i hope in the near future to be able to help in marketing.

Briefly, because I've got a real-world job to do...

There are other ways people can contribute.  For example, at some point we're going to need alpha and beta testers.

Are you gonna join the team?
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
February 24, 2016, 11:08:32 AM
i'm not a coder,so my help in this initial step is ZERO, but i hope in the near future to be able to help in marketing.

There are other ways people can contribute.  For example, at some point we're going to need alpha and beta testers.

I'm a good linux tester!

not a pro but an exp user.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 24, 2016, 11:04:41 AM

Pages:
Jump to: