Pages:
Author

Topic: This message was too old and has been purged - page 15. (Read 50741 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
gweedo, as you are talking about math:

If you say something like: "it is impossible to brute force a private key, it would take many many lifetimes"
And I give you a key, that can be bruteforced in 10 seconds, than - by definition - your statement was proven to be wrong.

Stop playing this, let me use your words and twist them you know what I mean. Just generating a key pair is not brute forcing.

You got it wrong. What I mean is, I could generate a key pair, share the public key with you, and you would be able to recover my private key in an instant with any "script kiddy key cracker" in a manner of seconds.  Smiley Alone the existence of such key proves that it does not neccessarily take a lifetime.

That is impossible, so stop lying. If that is true do it on my address https://blockchain.info/address/1GweedoZJYb5CNLfSaBgBBYS2y7BMVb2Wo

He's not saying he can get the privkey for any bitcoin address, it sounds like it can only get the privkeys for certain "weak" addresses and close approximations for others. Some private keys should be MUCH easier to find that others, so this could actually be legit. If it's useful is a different question.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
You abviously have not read my answer correctly.
Please do so, then we can continue talking.

Wait so you can't brute force my address in seconds then? $16 in that address it could be yours. The public key is visible since I have done transactions so if that is what you need it is there.
legendary

If you say something like: "it is impossible to brute force a private key, it would take many many lifetimes"
And I give you a key, that can be bruteforced in 10 seconds, than - by definition - your statement was proven to be wrong.

Stop playing this, let me use your words and twist them you know what I mean. Just generating a key pair is not brute forcing.

You got it wrong. What I mean is, I could generate a key pair, share the public key with you, and you would be able to recover my private key in an instant with any "script kiddy key cracker" in a manner of seconds.  Smiley Alone the existence of such key proves that it does not neccessarily take a lifetime.

That is impossible, so stop lying. If that is true do it on my address https://blockchain.info/address/1GweedoZJYb5CNLfSaBgBBYS2y7BMVb2Wo
legendary

legendary
Don't anyone buy this, it is impossible to brute force a private key, it would take many many lifetimes. This is the protection that addresses give.

That's what gweedo says. But who tells us "gweedo is the pure incarnation of physics laws"?
I would rather say, the facts are described in the original posting - now the people may position it in their own world view and judge weather they find it useful or not.

Actually I can prove Gweedo is wrong:
I can generate millions of Public/Private Key pairs that are being cracked within seconds. Alone the existence of one such key should prove that "gweedo" is somewhat ... well ... let's say on the wrong path.

It is called math, people don't have to believe me it is math.

legendary
Don't anyone buy this, it is impossible to brute force a private key, it would take many many lifetimes. This is the protection that addresses give.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
This is actually for cracking public addresses and finding the private key? lol

DOH!
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
This is actually for cracking public addresses and finding the private key? lol
legendary
Activity: 1260