Pages:
Author

Topic: This section is a mess. - page 2. (Read 782 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
September 26, 2017, 05:17:55 PM
Bumping this. I'd like to hear from a moderator/administrator on this matter.
legendary
In Memory of Zepher
September 25, 2017, 09:44:15 PM
It is a mess but if people would read the friggin stickies before posting.............. Roll Eyes
Precisely. I think the way that Mitchell (and other mods) deals with it in Beginners and Help - by essentially forcing people to read them - is a great way to go forward and should be put into place here (and possibly in other sub-sections should it be necessary).
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
September 25, 2017, 09:34:30 PM
It is a mess but if people would read the friggin stickies before posting.............. Roll Eyes
Reminds me of the hundreds of "How Do I Mine?" threads we had awhile back.
legendary
In Memory of Zepher
September 25, 2017, 09:25:05 PM
Browsing Meta for the past short while has become nothing but a drove of 'My Account is locked/hacked' and 'How do I rank up?' topics. It doesn't help matters that the majority of the latter topics are several pages of people saying exactly the same thing to spam their ICO campaign signatures.
To show the extent of this, here's a screenshot of the Meta section's first two pages (red relating to a hacked/locked account and blue relating to activity). Out of around 80 topics, 27 are 'My account is locked/hacked' and 12 are 'How do I rank up?' topics. That's just under half of all topics in the first two pages belonging to one of these two types of topic. You can also see that the topics marked in blue usually have several pages, which is all likely spam (as the answer to the questions posted can likely be clearly defined in 2-3 posts).

To fix this, I'd firstly suggest a new sub-board for those with hacked/locked accounts to post in. It's obvious that this is a fairly large problem as of late, and having a single sub-board for it would make life easier for those needing to find these topics in addition to making the Meta section much more interesting to read and take part in.
However, since this requires admin intervention meaning (alongside it being regarding hacked/locked accounts) there's little chance of anything happening, my second suggestion could be carried out by anyone with moderation permissions in the Meta section.
Similarly to how the [General] threads exist in the Beginners/Help section and the section is moderated using these, I'd suggest that threads asking the same questions would be moved to Trashcan and the OP would be directed to an already existing thread answering their question. Whether the threads that people are redirected to currently existing threads or new threads are written is dependent on how the moderation staff feel. This tactic would reduce the threads that are essentially asking the same question repeatedly, would remove an avenue for signature spammers to post in and would allow all questions to be asked in one single place for organization.

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: