Pages:
Author

Topic: Those who deny that BTC will rise to seven figures: clearly explain yourselves - page 5. (Read 8191 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Why is the burden squarely on the bears? What is the basis for your position, OP?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
I don't have to explain myself.

This is entirely consistent with your posting history, which is why I see you as an utter joke and wonder whether you're merely a butthurt establishment fanboy or someone who is being compensated in some way.

Butthurt usually is diagnosed on the one making the insults.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

This is entirely consistent with your posting history, which is why I see you as an utter joke and wonder whether you're merely a butthurt establishment fanboy or someone who is being compensated in some way.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
It does not matter:

There will be a 51% attack at a certain time in the future after the the asic centralization and the difficulty is huge and all the bitcoins assigned in the first 3 years of bitcoin will be deemed invalid.

lol what?

There will be a 51% attack at a certain time in the future after the the asic centralization and the difficulty is huge and all the bitcoins assigned in the first 3 years of bitcoin will be deemed invalid.
The NWO will decide that all the money before that period and the satoshi risk is enough reason to fork the protocol and change the private key of all the <3 years, right before they joined the game.
They will probably add "two or three" other "small" changes "not that important".

They will compensate first bitcoin adventurers with a statue of satoshi in a detroit square.
They can fork it all they want.  It does not deem previous bitcoins invalid LOL.  It is only as useful as the people that will use it.  They could become useless and valueless but not invalid on the current fork that "WE" want to use.  See where I am going with this, the community decides on which fork to use, not the NWO...

WE are the NWO  Cool
Never thought of it that way...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
It does not matter:

lol what?

The NWO will decide that all the money before that period and the satoshi risk is enough reason to fork the protocol and change the private key of all the <3 years, right before they joined the game.
They will probably add "two or three" other "small" changes "not that important".

They will compensate first bitcoin adventurers with a statue of satoshi in a detroit square.
They can fork it all they want.  It does not deem previous bitcoins invalid LOL.  It is only as useful as the people that will use it.  They could become useless and valueless but not invalid on the current fork that "WE" want to use.  See where I am going with this, the community decides on which fork to use, not the NWO...

WE are the NWO  Cool
It does not matter:

lol what?

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I chose "other" for the same reason we don't keep track of the exchange rate of puka shells to the dollar.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin goes to 0.001USD

Another Crypto goes in to at least 5 digits.

Activity: 280
The missing qualifier to this train of thought is - in today's money.

My hand-calculations got me close enough to accept/use the infamous $300,000 rpietila estimate as a long term value. But that estimate relies on two unknowns:
-The future growth in the number of accepted and used cryptocurrencies.
-The inflation relative to today's value of fiat dollars.

Net global worth is relatively fixed, so we're really discussing what percentage of global net worth will ultimately end up in Bitcoin.
Things get fuzzy when the question-asker(s) don't specify/don't know whether they mean Bitcoin or all cryptocurrencies, or today-money or future-value-money.

Here is my take:

The value of the bitcoin supply will be the sum of the holding preferences of all users. With holding preference I mean what value some person would like to have available as cash, measured in real good. For instance the value of one house plus the value of one car. Anything really, that was just an example.

But it is not so easy as dividing that by 21 million. It has to be adjusted for credit. In the fiat system, credit accounts for the major part of the money supply. But again, credit in bitcoin might be less, since it is possible to not deposit into banks, and remote payments can be done without deposit accounts.

Activity: 371
It does not matter:

lol what?

It does not matter:

Who will conduct this attack?
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
x
The missing qualifier to this train of thought is - in today's money.

My hand-calculations got me close enough to accept/use the infamous $300,000 rpietila estimate as a long term value. But that estimate relies on two unknowns:
-The future growth in the number of accepted and used cryptocurrencies.
-The inflation relative to today's value of fiat dollars.

Net global worth is relatively fixed, so we're really discussing what percentage of global net worth will ultimately end up in Bitcoin.
Things get fuzzy when the question-asker(s) don't specify/don't know whether they mean Bitcoin or all cryptocurrencies, or today-money or future-value-money.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
It does not matter:

lol what?
Activity: 371
It does not matter:

The poll question specifically addresses those who do not believe.
It was more of a free bump than anything because I would like to know too.
Activity: 784
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

Fair enough: strike my vote out if you wish, for I'm no bear. Smiley
Activity: 784
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas
All of the above are possible, arguably with the exception of fiat lasting forever.

I'm actually not a "denier" (gosh don't we sound so cultish?) in that I'm about as bullish as they come. But I consider the downside risk very real - one key reason why we're not trading in four, five or six figures already - and it is not beyond conceivability that a new cryptocurrency could take over bitcoin. However, it seems fairly unlikely at this juncture, as whatever protocol/efficiency/scalability/etc. improvements this new altcoin might provide can be implemented in Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: