Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts have been left unsaid. - page 5. (Read 6833 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
October 26, 2011, 11:01:47 AM
I'll accept that as soon as the Second Coming of Christ. Heh.

Will you accept it sooner if SomethingAwful allows you to join by paying in BTC?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
October 26, 2011, 10:36:56 AM
I will realize the truth is only in mediocrity and that I should accept authority because I am not worthy enough to own myself.

I sure do hope you were being sarcastic Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 26, 2011, 10:28:39 AM
If man was a rational animal, it stands to reason that we wouldn't have a system this fucked in the first place, doesn't it?

Actually it shows how man likes to act in his own self-interest. The power and control that has been successfully achieved is only a testament to man's individual rationality. Seeing the most determined men reach where they have only shows how capable we are. I am not proud of the corpses they have walked over along the way but they will eventually find they can't destroy man's happiness and maintain their wealth.

They are in for a struggle. Man is rational in the sense that they will always want to maintain their happiness. Inevitably so as their short-term blunders come to fail. Revolution occurs for a reason. I still have a lot of faith in man despite letting itself become enslaved so many times.

Revolution and evolution is key.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
October 26, 2011, 10:22:05 AM
If man was a rational animal, it stands to reason that we wouldn't have a system this fucked in the first place, doesn't it?
October 26, 2011, 10:17:27 AM
Yes, I'll wake up to the truth that there is no such thing as "I". Compassion and rationality can only come from our great governors on the hill. Yes, man is an irrational animal doomed to die unless he is leashed by his superiors. I will realize the truth is only in mediocrity and that I should accept authority because I am not worthy enough to own myself.

I'll accept that as soon as the Second Coming of Christ. Heh.
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Look ARROUND!
October 26, 2011, 10:05:32 AM
I have been constantly criticized by many on this forum. I have been called fake, pseudo-intellectual and even closed-minded. I never bothered to address these claims because there was never anything to refute. They were simply untrue. Although I valued the opinions and tried to understand them to the extent that I believed the speaking individual was a rational human being. I believed all human beings looked for the truth as I do.

It seems I have again made the mistake of putting too much faith in my fellow man. It seems--as I am--that we are all fallible.

The other day I acted on impulse. I gambled all my money on Bitcoinduit because of a mere possibility; a mere possibly over certainty of money in my hand. I realized my mistake quite quickly and I accepted it as I've always done with my life over the past couple of months. I am nearly free of desire. When I am not, I accept it just the same. There is no room in a peaceful life for shame.

I have no shame in knowing and speaking with the goddamn idiots on SomethingAwful and on this forum. I have no shame in sharing the same digital space with people who think they know what's best for my life. I have no shame in sharing my life with people who deny truth over convenience every chance they get.

I accept all of you for who you are and thank you for what you have given me: The experiences and the knowledge I come to enjoy to this day.

Night.

One day you will wake up and realize that all this psychological hardship you put yourself through is simply of your own creation.  All your pet conspiracy theories which pit you as the underdog against The System will unravel.  You'll question why all the people you listen to on the radio who talk about the end of fiat dollars only accept fiat dollars in exchange for their goods.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...It Gets Better™.
October 26, 2011, 09:48:34 AM
Let's say I enjoy Karl Marx's writing style albeit translated. The Communist Manifesto is one of my favorite books.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
October 26, 2011, 09:47:36 AM
Read Atlas Shrugged as a teenager. But you know I kinda did grow up in the most capitalism-loving country on Earth

Would that be Hong Kong, Singapore, Monaco, Dubai, or someplace else?
Activity: 24
October 26, 2011, 05:27:54 AM
I believed all human beings looked for the truth as I do.

If you were actually looking for the truth, you'd read more things that challenged your beliefs instead of constantly trying to reinforce them.

Hey Kettle. Read Wealth of Nations yet? Or maybe Atlas Shrugged or Fountainhead?
These are all basic-level Economic texts.
October 26, 2011, 01:09:33 AM
Read Atlas Shrugged as a teenager. But you know I kinda did grow up in the most capitalism-loving country on Earth that loves to censor and keep anything truly leftist from the people at all costs. I'm gonna go ahead and say I've been way more exposed to capitalist thought than Atlas has to leftist thought living in small-town Texas. Call it a hunch.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
October 26, 2011, 12:29:51 AM

If you were actually looking for the truth, you'd read more things that challenged your beliefs instead of constantly trying to reinforce them.

Hey Kettle. Read Wealth of Nations yet? Or maybe Atlas Shrugged or Fountainhead?
October 25, 2011, 11:45:13 PM
I have no shame in knowing and speaking with the goddamn idiots on SomethingAwful and on this forum.

Then why'd you change your name for the fourth time and not admit it's you until every single person on this forum realized that "I. Goldstein" couldn't be anyone but you? Granted, most of us realized that from your first post, but there are a lot of libertarians on this forum, and they're kind of naive and maybe a little slow.

It seems--as I am--that we are all fallible.

Thank you for this stunning realization. Next thing, you'll figure out that people aren't the least bit rational, either. And maybe, if you try hard enough, your insights on human nature will make it to the level of an average high school freshman.
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
October 25, 2011, 11:13:50 PM
acceptance of everything is the only way I've found permanent awsomeness out of life- any opinions are non-acceptance. Nice post Smiley
October 25, 2011, 11:06:37 PM
I have been constantly criticized by many on this forum. I have been called fake, pseudo-intellectual and even closed-minded. I never bothered to address these claims because there was never anything to refute. They were simply untrue. Although I valued the opinions and tried to understand them to the extent that I believed the speaking individual was a rational human being. I believed all human beings looked for the truth as I do.

It seems I have again made the mistake of putting too much faith in my fellow man. It seems--as I am--that we are all fallible.

The other day I acted on impulse. I gambled all my money on Bitcoinduit because of a mere possibility; a mere possibly over certainty of money in my hand. I realized my mistake quite quickly and I accepted it as I've always done with my life over the past couple of months. I am nearly free of desire. When I am not, I accept it just the same. There is no room in a peaceful life for shame.

I have no shame in knowing and speaking with the goddamn idiots on SomethingAwful and on this forum. I have no shame in sharing the same digital space with people who think they know what's best for my life. I have no shame in sharing my life with people who deny truth over convenience every chance they get.

I accept all of you for who you are and thank you for what you have given me: The experiences and the knowledge I come to enjoy to this day.

Night.
Pages:
Jump to: