Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Zcash? - page 60. (Read 123361 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
February 17, 2016, 07:55:41 AM

Being anonymous is cool but it should be based on the Ethereum platform instead of bitcoin. Bitcoins code is amazing but the facts are the facts, Ethereums code is better.

Then we could start getting anonymous Ethereum clones.

Only Dash i know is based of Bitcoin code, or maybe some Bitcoindark shitclone.

Monero and Zcash are completely different from Bitcoin and each other
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
February 17, 2016, 07:51:59 AM

I responded privately to Zcash as follows:

Quote from: myself
Okay I read the document you provided and it doesn't change anything I have written in the past. I never said the developers would be at-risk of FinCEN regulation. It is the miners who transfer coinbase to your company/foundation that will be subject to registration as MSBs. And the document you provided does not argue otherwise. The document you provided is only talking about miners who don't transfer their coinbase but rather mine it for themselves (they may exchange it later as an individual but that is not the same as a regularized transfer operation). Now you might argue that since they are transferring it only to one (or just two) entity then there is no risk of money laundering, thus the MSB regulation would not apply. But that is not what FinCEN guidance says. They say if the entity is creating and transferring, then they must register. Sorry you are potentially wrong and this could cost you dearly. Why not simply premine it! Much easier and avoids the problem on your miners.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
February 16, 2016, 02:22:37 AM

Being anonymous is cool but it should be based on the Ethereum platform instead of bitcoin. Bitcoins code is amazing but the facts are the facts, Ethereums code is better.

Then we could start getting anonymous Ethereum clones.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
February 15, 2016, 11:56:49 PM
This project looks pretty good except the PoW. If someone could get rid of the initial private investor coins and switch this to PoS then I would be really interested.

The obvious solution to this is to wait for it to come out and then fork it.
legendary
February 15, 2016, 11:01:54 PM

This project looks pretty good except the PoW. If someone could get rid of the initial private investor coins and switch this to PoS then I would be really interested.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
February 15, 2016, 04:54:22 PM
Is this more anonymous than XMR monereo and ring signatures?

Certainly yes, since it is (in theory assuming everything works properly) perfectly anonymous while Monero (or any mixing-like technique) has some degree of leakage. The practical effect of the difference is debatable, especially considering other issues such as computational overhead, complexity of the implementation, trusted setup, and immaturity of the underlying crypto.
legendary
February 15, 2016, 04:41:37 PM

Is this more anonymous than XMR monereo and ring signatures?

legendary
February 15, 2016, 04:40:53 PM
10% of total supply  Shocked

Greedy fucks!

Brought to you by the new greedy fucks on the block Pantera Capital
https://z.cash/team.html#investors

I wonder what the marketcap will be. Since it's a mined PoW coin it might be really cheap at some point, unless these investors are planning on mining and buying up all the coins for a pump n dump.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
February 15, 2016, 08:41:28 AM
After i saw SDC- fall i have beginning to doubt in all those stories about anonymity.
Just a matter of time when will some good programer find some bug in every other coin with anon transactions.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
February 15, 2016, 05:15:58 AM
10% of total supply  Shocked

Greedy fucks!
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
February 15, 2016, 05:13:19 AM

Anyone know the basic info such as:

- mining algo
- pools
- link to miner

The info on the live coin is not released yet afaik. There is only a testnet now.

- coin totals
- premines
- block reward structure
- block time
- PoW or PoS

I think it is stated that all of these are planned to mirror Bitcoin's structure (PoW, 10 min blocks, 21 million coins, halving days, etc.) except that 10% of the total supply is paid to the company launching it (structured as 20% of the block rewards for the first four years) and 1% is supposed to go to some kind of foundation.

So dead on arrival Smiley
legendary
February 15, 2016, 04:31:32 AM

- mining algo
- pools
- link to miner

The info on the live coin is not released yet afaik. There is only a testnet now.

- coin totals
- premines
- block reward structure
- block time
- PoW or PoS

I think it is stated that all of these are planned to mirror Bitcoin's structure (PoW, 10 min blocks, 21 million coins, halving days, etc.) except that 10% of the total supply is paid to the company launching it (structured as 20% of the block rewards for the first four years) and 1% is supposed to go to some kind of foundation.

legendary
February 15, 2016, 04:07:26 AM

- mining algo
- pools
- link to miner
- coin totals
- premines
- block reward structure
- block time
- PoW or PoS

February 14, 2016, 06:17:30 AM
I want to add that I realize the legal issues make any PUBLIC pre-sale/pre-mine choice dubious. If you do public ICO then the tokens must be registered as securities. If you do PRIVATE pre-sale and then PUBLIC royalties from mining as Zcash proposes, then the miners apparently have to register as Money Service Businesses under FinCEN regulations and the coming G20 plan to harmonize these regulations starting in 2017.

Appears the only options for legal distribution are PRIVATE ICOs (that can include any qualified investors as so defined by the SEC but you can't advertise this to the public-at-large and has to be viral within the qualified investor social network).

Or via PUBIC proof-of-work mining.

IANAL yet I think Ethereum violated the securities law.

Some have also claimed that PUBLIC airdrops might be legal, when these are not marketed as investments but rather for-use tokens.
legendary
February 13, 2016, 09:10:09 PM
When  and where will the public be able to buy Zcash

Nothing like that has been announced. It won't be launched for several months. After that I would guess it will trade on some exchange(s).
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
February 13, 2016, 09:00:43 PM
When  and where will the public be able to buy Zcash
legendary
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
February 13, 2016, 05:57:06 PM
now zerocash is in the test mode, right?
February 13, 2016, 01:32:57 AM
I didn't call Zcash, Monero, or Aeon scams for example.

I have argued that Zcash may be superior to Cryptonote/RingCT, but this is still an open question. Even right now I am invited to private discussion with Zooko to find out what their legal interpretations are hopefully, but I may be restricted from sharing it (I don't know yet). I have also questioned whether anonymity can gain significant adoption in the mass market. Hey but also remember we are likely headed into capital controls by 2017, so there it is all open to question at this point. I had been thinking maybe it is wiser to target anonymity for corporations on public block chains (since permissioned block chains seems to remove any point of block chains), but also realizing that programmable scripting on block chains doesn't work, causes me to pause to think about the implications.

And thanks for posting from a newbie sock puppet account.
February 12, 2016, 04:09:10 AM
Pages:
Jump to: