Pages:
Author

Topic: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action - page 41. (Read 39325 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
Fraud is easier to prove in this case. All the elements of fraud are present in this debacle. We all need to contact the Department of Justice, FTC as well as write your Congressman. The more you shed light on BFL's practices, the sooner they will get investigated if they aren't under investigation already. So let Joshua and his minions of puppets keep trying to derail the thread and put doubt in your resolve.
Then get off your butt and stop posting!  Go file that lawsuit!  Let the lawyers be the only profiteers!!

I think you should grow up and have some maturity. Don't you have some homework to do child, the adults are speaking.
Then you should leave the room, sonny.  I'm retired military and the homework days are so far behind me that you probably can't count that high.
bcp19, are you against people filing against BFL?
I am neither for nor against it, I just feel that more facts than have been thrown out here need to be considered.
Can you list a few bullet points that need to be considered?

If you were standing in these folks homes right next to them. What would you advise as a course of action?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Holy crap. BCP19 is the latest BFL sock. Everyone hail to the king of socks!
A sock? Hmm.
IQ: 218
Attended M.I.T. for 4 terms totally got like 6 doctorates in stuff
Worked for Greenpeace, Doctors without Borders and the Supreme Court all at the same time.
Joined the military.  Because a general on the second day. Wrote all the tactics they teach at West Point.
Flew Helicoptors one handed.
Invented semi-conductors in my spare time.
Retired after 20 years. Now I just hang out with Bill Gates and the Dalai Lama.
Also invented Bitcoin n stuff.
I sure don't see sock puppet in there anywhere, sorry.

Wow, I guess he is totally not a sockpuppet or shill since it is impossible for random accounts created recently on Bitcointalk to lie about their past.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Fraud is easier to prove in this case. All the elements of fraud are present in this debacle. We all need to contact the Department of Justice, FTC as well as write your Congressman. The more you shed light on BFL's practices, the sooner they will get investigated if they aren't under investigation already. So let Joshua and his minions of puppets keep trying to derail the thread and put doubt in your resolve.
Then get off your butt and stop posting!  Go file that lawsuit!  Let the lawyers be the only profiteers!!

I think you should grow up and have some maturity. Don't you have some homework to do child, the adults are speaking.
Then you should leave the room, sonny.  I'm retired military and the homework days are so far behind me that you probably can't count that high.
I am neither for nor against it, I just feel that more facts than have been thrown out here need to be considered.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
A sock? Hmm.
IQ: 148
Attended M.I.T. for 4 terms (could not afford to graduate)
worked odd jobs for 2 years
Joined the military.  Scored in the 98th percentile on the ASVAB.
Trained as an Aviation Electronics Technician
Worked and flew on the P-3C, in excess of 3,500 hours of flight time.
Retired after 20 years.

Yeah Ok.
legendary
A sock? Hmm.
Retired after 20 years.

Alright, I take that comment back.
legendary
Then get off your butt and stop posting!  Go file that lawsuit!  Let the lawyers be the only profiteers!!

Then you should leave the room, sonny.  I'm retired military and the homework days are so far behind me that you probably can't count that high.

(It's their money, their assumed risk, their right, correct?)
A sock? Hmm.
Retired after 20 years.

Then get off your butt and stop posting!  Go file that lawsuit!  Let the lawyers be the only profiteers!!

Then you should leave the room, sonny.  I'm retired military and the homework days are so far behind me that you probably can't count that high.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Here is a hint to everyone. If you are considering legal action against any entity, do NOT go posting on a public forum on the internet about what you are going to do and how you are going to do it, it allows any defending lawyer to see and understand what you are going to try and do, and identify ways to derail your case.

Have some sense people!

The evidence is undeniable in this case and BFL has provided it against themselves. Unless they can say their accounts were hacked and the posts and website with blatant lies were from the hacker. That would fall flat IMHO. Normally fraud is the hardest thing to prove but in this case BFL makes it easy.

You've never been involved in a lawsuit, have you.

If you only knew.

I don't know, or care. But what is obvious is that you seem to think law is about justice. It isn't. Law is about the law. You are simply shooting yourself in the foot if you mention anything about a lawsuit you intend to undertake on a forum where anyone can read it. Might as well take your money and play a game of poker where you show everyone else your cards.
Here is a hint to everyone. If you are considering legal action against any entity, do NOT go posting on a public forum on the internet about what you are going to do and how you are going to do it, it allows any defending lawyer to see and understand what you are going to try and do, and identify ways to derail your case.

Have some sense people!

The evidence is undeniable in this case and BFL has provided it against themselves. Unless they can say their accounts were hacked and the posts and website with blatant lies were from the hacker. That would fall flat IMHO. Normally fraud is the hardest thing to prove but in this case BFL makes it easy.

If you only knew.

Have some sense people!

Have some sense people!

Have some sense people!

EDIT: It also means they can find ways to counter-sue you for whatever reason if there are any inconsistencies in what you have said online too.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
Who can show actual damages which cant be attributed to having 20/20 hindsight vision?  Meaning any argument along the lines of "well if i would have just been able to predict the future I would not have lost money" doesn't count. 

Actual damages is the lost mining income that resulted from BFL's failure to deliver in Oct 2012 (or whenever the latest promised date from BFL was when the order was placed). Should be a slam dunk case, since BFL is violating FTC rules (which are there to prevent this exact sort of situation).
In which case you would also need to know their exact orderbook at that time, along with the total increase in network speed that would occur prior to you receiving your equipment along with your current mining receipts from that time until now to prove you hadn't spent anything (since most will claim the 10x increase in BTC pricing as a loss as well). You'd probably need a lot more as well, like estimates on the drop in BTC price due to the flood of extra coins on the market while the difficulty tries to keep up while more than double the normal amount of coins is mined.

Sure looks like a slam dunk to me... NOT!
The BFL order book can be had with a subpoena. A June 2012 order should have been be delivered before any other ASIC, so it should be trivial to calculate from BFL's order book how much mining income was destroyed due to their delays.

There is no damage when you could take refund at any time
Who can show actual damages which cant be attributed to having 20/20 hindsight vision?  Meaning any argument along the lines of "well if i would have just been able to predict the future I would not have lost money" doesn't count. 

Actual damages is the lost mining income that resulted from BFL's failure to deliver in Oct 2012 (or whenever the latest promised date from BFL was when the order was placed). Should be a slam dunk case, since BFL is violating FTC rules (which are there to prevent this exact sort of situation).
In which case you would also need to know their exact orderbook at that time, along with the total increase in network speed that would occur prior to you receiving your equipment along with your current mining receipts from that time until now to prove you hadn't spent anything (since most will claim the 10x increase in BTC pricing as a loss as well). You'd probably need a lot more as well, like estimates on the drop in BTC price due to the flood of extra coins on the market while the difficulty tries to keep up while more than double the normal amount of coins is mined.

Sure looks like a slam dunk to me... NOT!
The BFL order book can be had with a subpoena. A June 2012 order should have been be delivered before any other ASIC, so it should be trivial to calculate from BFL's order book how much mining income was destroyed due to their delays.

Now how much did they make with non-asics while the shipping had not occurred?  They surely were mining already and have made steady BTC during the time their ASICs did nto ship.  What is the difference between them having shipped in Oct when the income generated from other means is factored into the equation?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
You should see the misinformation he spreads on BFL's forum. He posts on every thread possible with the most laughable excuses which only makes sense in Joshua's reality.

I suspect his Ignore color will become more darker with time. I did my part...

You should see the misinformation he spreads on BFL's forum. He posts on every thread possible with the most laughable excuses which only makes sense in Joshua's reality.
Yea, shuddap and go ask for your refund already.
Pages:
Jump to: