Pages:
Author

Topic: Token price fall after ICO - page 69. (Read 11383 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 511
November 08, 2017, 01:02:33 AM
Have there been any tokens where the trading price on exchanges at the very start fell considerably below the ICO price and has not recovered?
At start, the tokens price is set to fair position by default. As soon as the ICO gets listed on exchanges, people start sell and the price falls down.
Usually those who have got their tokens in bounties, prefer to sell their tokens at the beginning of coin listing.
If you want to earn decent profits out of an ICO, must not sell tokens immediately, just  wait for the price to increase
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
November 07, 2017, 08:11:00 PM
Have there been any tokens where the trading price on exchanges at the very start fell considerably below the ICO price and has not recovered?

there is many coins that the price after listed in the exchange and the price is down
example SONM the ico price around 5k satoshi or more but now at 1.7k satoshi

Maybe the best decision is to buy after ICO!

If everyone buys after ICO, where will investors come from?
ICO will be successful because of the investors.
Calm down even though trading on the stock at the very beginning fell below the price of ICO, after which will definitely recover.
Like Monaco, etc. So have to be patient of course

I agree. Don't panic sit back and patiently wait.
Earn your money.
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
November 07, 2017, 07:44:47 PM
for 3 month, every token lose their price, all of it under the ico price, after this, its more profitable to buy tokens from exchanges.

Whether this trend is quite common recently,  why do you think people are still throwing bitcoins to new projects when it is clear they do not have a simple early life? Pre ICO bonuses might not match the discrepancy.
Wouldn't it be better to wait at the end and then buy later cheaper?
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
November 07, 2017, 05:03:31 PM
for 3 month, every token lose their price, all of it under the ico price, after this, its more profitable to buy tokens from exchanges.
Activity: 504
Merit: 131
November 07, 2017, 04:46:14 PM
Kickico looks cheap and their ICO pipeline keeps building up. I do not have the spare funds, otherwise I would invest some. Cindicator very cheap of course and Airswap was very hyped and then after ICO fell quickly. Currently 36m market cap for a very ambitious project. Red Pulse also good start but then going down but still slightly above ICO price.
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
November 07, 2017, 03:38:02 PM
i think after this fall after ico the price have be up or pumped , because btc can be dump and down price. 
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
November 07, 2017, 02:08:10 PM
MANY examples of such tokens, which is the main problem people don't understand when investing in ICO. A lot of ICOs pretend to want to develop projects  but really are get rick quick schemes from unscrupulous people. Throw in a bit of work every now and then. Talk big. And deliver small steps. Some collect millions but can't recruit simple community managers to help calm down angry crowds.

I concur. I see a lot of red flags when I read the whitepapers. Many are not answering questions that would make it comfortable for me to invest. More often than not, I don't even know which exchanges they will be using. These people can be short on details because enough investors will buy with blind ignorance.
Activity: 53
November 07, 2017, 09:54:43 AM
much depends on the general state of the market at the time of the coin's exit on the market! Many coins sank in mid-July, as Ethereum very sank down
Activity: 104
Swapy Network (www.swapy.network)
November 07, 2017, 09:32:35 AM
What would you consider a "normal" price drop after the initial launch ? And what is a disastrous price drop?
Activity: 98
November 07, 2017, 08:56:28 AM
Many times actually, they offer good products and services in their advertisement videos and web page people tend to be hype at this but some of them failed to deliver the expectation from their buyers and sellers which is why a lot of people distrusts ICO's tradings but eventually there are a lot good ICO's out there, for example, BITTREX, brickblock, and ADV. You should try reading articles and research more about them.
Activity: 13
November 07, 2017, 08:22:18 AM
- Bad news came about about the company after the ICO that caused ppl to loose their confidence in them.  Maybe least likely to happen?

But there are professional coin-haters out there who are exactly like the attack-dogs hired by the hedge funds to do a hatchet job on things like penny stock ISOs and other fledgling stock ventures.
They destroyed confidence in the penny stock markets like the OTC, and worse, many of the hedgies had access to things like NSA surveillance data, that is, ILLEGALLY EXPLOITING the covert wire tapping data and other black ops  run by the likes of the CIA and the NRO and Echelon and Operation Keyhole and the the IRS etc.
Basically NO fledgling can afford the necessary privacy and security measure to evade destruction by the hedgies and having their intellectual property basically bankrupted and bought up for pennies after dissolution.

So now we have the era of the alt coin trolls doing the same thing.  Throwing spanners into the works and the like to drive prices down, boosting negativity, exaggerating flaws, spreading false damaging information etc.  

So beware of trolls intentionally spreading negativity to drive prices down or destroy competitors.
Electroneum is under attack because of a slight delay in introducing their mobile mining (iphone/android) application.
Worse, they are under massive DOS attacks etc, which is massively illegal btw , unless you are essentially above the law in some respect. (work for some shadow agency of some sort?)
The ICO coins are on lockdown because of hacking .
I predict the same for Electroneum when the locked down ICO coins hit the market, the price of the coins will sell off as ICO investors take initial profits

And the trolls have gone berserk trashing Electroneum , battering it almost beyond recognition, so it may never fully recover.

Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
August 31, 2017, 12:27:16 AM
We call them WHALES. They are dumping, pumping prices. Usually they are from China. They are early investors of BTC and they are trying legalize their earnings because of goverment rules. They are buying all the tokens in ICO pre-sale with low price. When the exchange adds new coin they are selling. This is generally how ICO works and nobody says this in public. How can anybody imagine all ICO pre-sales reaches the demand they are asking? 50.000 ETH for example completes in few hours  It is not possible withoute whales.
Definitely some handle ICO better than others.  Like Enigma is using a whitelist and everyone on the whitelist for ICO can contribute a max of $10K USD which will help with pump and dumps a little.  ppl can look for these.  While many other ICO is just free for all.

I think Cindicator have their own whitelist  and surely those one can contribute will to their coins and maybe those list can make this project became more success but let see if this coin will not came to the point that this one will be dump and will be pump for longterm around. And i don't monitor any Altcoins right now and let see on how would they react well when they will be added on good exchange.
Activity: 209
August 30, 2017, 08:36:33 PM
If it dumps to or below ICO, just hold. You'll get into profit eventually. It's tempting to play the 'sell for a loss, but buy back at an even better rate' game, but that can quickly go horribly, horribly wrong.
Activity: 252
Merit: 106
August 30, 2017, 07:03:11 PM
We call them WHALES. They are dumping, pumping prices. Usually they are from China. They are early investors of BTC and they are trying legalize their earnings because of goverment rules. They are buying all the tokens in ICO pre-sale with low price. When the exchange adds new coin they are selling. This is generally how ICO works and nobody says this in public. How can anybody imagine all ICO pre-sales reaches the demand they are asking? 50.000 ETH for example completes in few hours  It is not possible withoute whales.
Definitely some handle ICO better than others.  Like Enigma is using a whitelist and everyone on the whitelist for ICO can contribute a max of $10K USD which will help with pump and dumps a little.  ppl can look for these.  While many other ICO is just free for all.
Activity: 246
August 30, 2017, 06:30:39 PM
Look for good ICOs  like REAL ico. If you're going to participate in all old ICO you'll find huge drops in price after ICO.

See if the market that ICO is entering is worth Billions. If it's not you've got no hope.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
August 30, 2017, 05:11:19 PM
Activity: 252
Merit: 106
August 30, 2017, 04:53:47 PM
Probably because almost every bounty hunter is running to sell tokens and price drops because of that?
I don't see any other reason, I don't think investors will rush to sell tokens ASAP for lower price and lose money.
I feel like there could be many different reasons, some could be
- People need money for other investments
- People that did bounty but did not buy the coin may be selling theirs so anything sold is profit
- Many ico have bonuses, say 40% bonus, so if they coin drops 30% and they sell, they still made profit
- Panic selling
- People selling with the purpose of rebuying when its lower.  Enough ppl sell their coins, it creates panic, and then you can rebuy at lower price.  As long as you sell first, then you can take advantage of the panic sellers.  ppl with trading bots could probably take advantage of this.
- Bad news came about about the company after the ICO that caused ppl to loose their confidence in them.  Maybe least likely to happen?
- Probably many other reasons too
Activity: 574
Merit: 139
August 30, 2017, 03:05:16 PM
There is a trend with most (not all but most) ICO.  Price drops after ICO from people selling and then goes back up in a couple of days or weeks if its a good project.  So people who are trying to make a quick buck is happy and people who are HODL are also happy.
Probably because almost every bounty hunter is running to sell tokens and price drops because of that?
I don't see any other reason, I don't think investors will rush to sell tokens ASAP for lower price and lose money.
Activity: 154
August 30, 2017, 11:40:26 AM
Seems like a pattern with all ICOs I've seen with the exception of Veri... usually they drop right after they hit the market and then they spike back up.

Unfortunately some don't ever make it back up   Roll Eyes
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
August 30, 2017, 08:39:31 AM
Ya monaco is quite impressive.  good example
price is going down again though. Not sure if i trust monaco completely yet. i think they post a bunch of rumors up at times to drive price, like a fake monaco card picture with the visa logo
Pages:
Jump to: