Pages:
Author

Topic: Toronto women win jackpot lottery - page 8. (Read 2207 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
January 22, 2021, 07:06:20 AM
I know it's stupid, I know the chance of hitting a certain number is always the same, whether it was last hit 10 seconds or 10 years ago, and yet, sometimes, when I play Roulette I keep betting on the same number waiting for it to pop up eventually. Sometimes it does, and other times it doesn't even after 150+ rolls, but I'd rather stop the game than change the number after 150 consecutive fails in a row. Smiley

I'll do the same thing, the hardest thing to accept is when you change the number and after a few rolls your number come out, so you end up sticking your number and hope that it will eventually come out even if it means a long wait, but twenty years of betting is a long perseverance, I'm glad that stick to their game, the worse is if they change the number or stop betting in their 19th year and the next year it comes out, congratulation to this couple.

Yep, by not changing the initial number we are saving us from the possible psychological damage. Smiley

I'm too glad they won in the end. And replying to @Kelvinid, no, I don't think they've lost more than $60 million in the course of 20 years. They don't look like millionaires, they are regular folks, and I'm happy for them.

I know it's stupid, I know the chance of hitting a certain number is always the same, whether it was last hit 10 seconds or 10 years ago, and yet, sometimes, when I play Roulette I keep betting on the same number waiting for it to pop up eventually. Sometimes it does, and other times it doesn't even after 150+ rolls, but I'd rather stop the game than change the number after 150 consecutive fails in a row. Smiley
To be sincere, it not stupid. I have seen a friend that does this every time he plays lotto (though it, not the gambling I like) and he has won on several occasions and also lost on several occasions.
It a risk way of gambling but not risky if the person can afford to lose the money cause it does wonder sometimes.

If you mean that with this strategy and high enough bankroll one can beat the house, I disagree with you.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
January 22, 2021, 05:20:30 AM
The dream part is interesting . It's possible that the faith of the family was tested, they believe, never lose faith and eventually end up winning with the dream number.
If it's destined for you, it will always come to pass, but if it's not, it won't. So, I wouldn't consider copying the family unless it was revealed to me or I had dream like that

That is definitely intetesting. Would be nice to make a survey before such a big lottery winning and ask people in general who dreamed if having the right numbers. There might be quite a few people who dream of winning but never actually win the lottery. In the end we only hear the story of the lucky winners but not the unlucky ones. Or having 5 right numbers and not the super number.

Ofcourse. Dreams come true. I have witness mine come true . It was a repeated dream though. Probably similar dream repeating 3 - 4times on different days/nights. I believe it was a warning dream about someone dear to me who was going through stress/problems that caused her an illness. I prayed after the dream. She unfortunately got sick few weeks later from the stress/problems and later got better.

If you are shown things like that in the dream, note it down (if you remember it exactly) and wait for it to be fulfilled. Same dream will probably be repeated to you to help you understand, remember and trust it.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
January 21, 2021, 11:41:39 PM
Thats a big money. This needs big luck. On a quick check about different lucky wins in recent days came across this news of lottery vendor winning bumper lottery. The small scale vendor has got lucky with the unsold lottery tickets, and the funniest part, he has won around $1.65million, but after tax deduction he gets only $1million. This way how much does the women who've won $60million will receive.
Thats fucking 40% in tax and that man was robbed. National lotteries should be tax free just like here on my country where you wont really be paying up
for tax once you do hit up a lottery jackpot. All of those are tax-free and you will received the winning amount in full without any issues about deductions.
Turns out that their government was way too corrupt on getting 40% deduction on t he winning. Imagine on winning 1.6 and getting only 1M?
I will really be on rage if that do happens to me.Its unacceptable. Back to topic about winning the lottery then it do really require extreme or out of this world
luck if we do consider the odds of hitting it then its almost close to zero.
Certainly, that is a big deduction for the winner and the lottery company should be the one to shoulder the tax?  and by the way, the person's husband bets it for 20 years? maybe it's almost the amount of money in total bets or it's a bit higher I think, see also people who hold their numbers for years but 20 years? that's perseverance at its best, I would never hold for that long years.

It is still big money to get for the winner, even if they should pay a big paying in taxes. We don't know how much money that woman who bet for 20 years use to buy the lottery, but I guess that money still not too big compare to the money she won. We will not have a chance to do the same thing as that woman because we have different luck and different destiny. Perhaps, we will win some big amount from gambling in the future, and we win that money from the lottery or the other gambling games.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
January 21, 2021, 10:28:24 PM
Thats a big money. This needs big luck. On a quick check about different lucky wins in recent days came across this news of lottery vendor winning bumper lottery. The small scale vendor has got lucky with the unsold lottery tickets, and the funniest part, he has won around $1.65million, but after tax deduction he gets only $1million. This way how much does the women who've won $60million will receive.
Thats fucking 40% in tax and that man was robbed. National lotteries should be tax free just like here on my country where you wont really be paying up
for tax once you do hit up a lottery jackpot. All of those are tax-free and you will received the winning amount in full without any issues about deductions.
Turns out that their government was way too corrupt on getting 40% deduction on t he winning. Imagine on winning 1.6 and getting only 1M?
I will really be on rage if that do happens to me.Its unacceptable. Back to topic about winning the lottery then it do really require extreme or out of this world
Certainly, that is a big deduction for the winner and the lottery company should be the one to shoulder the tax?  and by the way, the person's husband bets it for 20 years? maybe it's almost the amount of money in total bets or it's a bit higher I think, see also people who hold their numbers for years but 20 years? that's perseverance at its best, I would never hold for that long years.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
January 21, 2021, 07:18:42 PM
Activity: 2282
Merit: 532
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
January 21, 2021, 05:19:10 PM
Activity: 2436
Merit: 324
January 21, 2021, 05:05:52 PM
From a mathematical point of view it doesn't really matter that she played the same numbers over and over again she just needed to play those numbers that particular day, however it makes a hell of a story, her husband had a dream about the numbers and they were stubborn enough to keep playing for 20 years until those numbers came up, that is an incredible story and I'm pretty sure that it is going to make its way around the world and many people from now on will begin to play their own magic numbers trying to be that lucky.
Just like what other said that there might be people who had been doing this kind of way of betting where they do choose up those numbers which are special to them and do make constant bets on every draw.
This had only been put up into everybodies attention because it had able to hit up the jackpot on using up this method or way.This will spark up even more interest on sticking into their numbers that they had been
sticking to bet on it after all the years but doesnt mean that they will really be getting the same outcome or hits because luck will always matter in the end.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
January 21, 2021, 04:49:21 PM
quite surprised to hear the amount she won was $60 million.  in my country, this kind of money is enough to buy hundreds of mansions.  in the midst of this "PANDEMIC", their win is a great gift, but what amazed me was that they (her and her husband) always playing the same numbers for 20 years.

After playing the same lottery numbers for 20 years that came to her husband in a dream, a 57-year-old Toronto woman is $60 million richer.

Do any of you play the same trick as their (playing the same number always)??

https://www.cp24.com/news/toronto-woman-says-winning-numbers-for-60m-lotto-max-jackpot-came-to-husband-in-a-dream-1.5271897
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-woman-wins-60-million-lotto-max-jackpot-with-numbers-husband-dreamt-of-20-years-ago-1.5271865
From a mathematical point of view it doesn't really matter that she played the same numbers over and over again she just needed to play those numbers that particular day, however it makes a hell of a story, her husband had a dream about the numbers and they were stubborn enough to keep playing for 20 years until those numbers came up, that is an incredible story and I'm pretty sure that it is going to make its way around the world and many people from now on will begin to play their own magic numbers trying to be that lucky.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
January 21, 2021, 04:37:42 PM
Relentless efforts for 20 years continuously without giving up on it itself is a huge accomplishment and probably that is the result which they as a couple have received it. An erroneous amount of money finally won which would have successes their years of efforts to buy the lottery with same number and luck just made it happened in the end. I would never continue this long years after not winning and would have changed the numbers.

Very determine and really believing that one day luck will backe their number up!

Now that they finally catched the big jackpot, it's time to move forward and plan everything ahead, it's a huge amount of money but also very decietful as it will let you to changed up and live the dream life that you always wanted to have, this couple needs to make sure that they'll be able to take care of everything and save big part of their winning for their family's future.
Since theyre already old then its not bad to cherish up the rest of years that they had left on using up that money.Its up to theirs on how they do gonna spend it.
This isnt something that commonly happens on this world where your perseverance and determination does really result into something like this specially talking about
lottery where winning chances is way too slim.Thing here is that it did really pays off and imagine on how many years of constantly betting to lottery
isnt really simple not only on the effort but also on the money that had been spent.It did really pays off in the end or really worth off.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
January 21, 2021, 01:23:59 PM
Relentless efforts for 20 years continuously without giving up on it itself is a huge accomplishment and probably that is the result which they as a couple have received it. An erroneous amount of money finally won which would have successes their years of efforts to buy the lottery with same number and luck just made it happened in the end. I would never continue this long years after not winning and would have changed the numbers.

Very determine and really believing that one day luck will backe their number up!

Now that they finally catched the big jackpot, it's time to move forward and plan everything ahead, it's a huge amount of money but also very decietful as it will let you to changed up and live the dream life that you always wanted to have, this couple needs to make sure that they'll be able to take care of everything and save big part of their winning for their family's future.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213
January 21, 2021, 12:30:13 PM
People aren't the same. Different people follow different strategies to win as well as to test their luck. What I see with this couple is a strategy/test. In this they've succeeded, following this doesn't mean someone can win with the same process. In simple terms, it is fate. Majority may say it as luck, but I say it fate. I was meant to happen for them, so it happened.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
January 21, 2021, 12:27:32 PM
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 402
January 21, 2021, 12:16:15 PM
Betting on the same number combinations is difficult for me unless you have the same patience as them to bet for 20 years consecutively. Also, combining all of the money they spend for 20 years, that's a lot of expense nevertheless, it's worth it since they've won $60M. But obviously, this luck won't seem to work with everyone, and this strategy might even take more than 20 years for others.  Personally, I'm not a fan of the lottery, and even for other games, I don't stick with the same thing for a long period. But I'm just amazed at their persistence and how they manage to win such a huge amount of prize with it.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 344
when lambo...
January 21, 2021, 10:30:37 AM
quite surprised to hear the amount she won was $60 million.  in my country, this kind of money is enough to buy hundreds of mansions.  in the midst of this "PANDEMIC", their win is a great gift, but what amazed me was that they (her and her husband) always playing the same numbers for 20 years.

I truly amazed them as well for being patient to wait that 20 years and possibly more years to come if they never have that lucky day.

Maybe, I was not that kind of personality, I usually choose different numbers in every lottery I do and maybe this is a reason why I'd never had a chance to win. For somehow I decided to quit and jump into sports betting.

She won $60 million but I also think about the amount she loses in 20 years, it might be more than $60 million.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1947
January 21, 2021, 10:29:30 AM
Its not strategy but just purely make out some random guess and sticking into those numbers.No specific strategy that can really affect someones odds on winning a lottery.

One of the reasons on why I don't buy up tickets due to low odds of hits but since tickets aren't really that expensive or even an average joe can purchase on then they can
freely make out bets actively.

Wondering on how much that woman do spent overall in that 20 years of betting? For sure it wont really be over 60 million though.

This is exactly the strategy as many players use it and even some lottery organizers offer such a strategy by default. You choose one combination, replenish your account balance, and each new draw bets automatically. I don't think this strategy increases the probability of winning, but it certainly minimizes the time spent on the game.

I'm sure the woman who won is in good standing compared to her spending on lottery tickets over those 20 years.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 454
January 21, 2021, 09:45:07 AM
Betting to the same number is a very gutsy thing to do, let's say they are betting $1 every day in 20 years so it should be $87,600 approximately in total. Their dedication and perseverance to their lucky number totally paid off, but this doesn't mean that it could happen to anyone if they do the same trick, lottery is all about luck, there's no strategy or anything to win the jackpot.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
January 21, 2021, 08:06:19 AM
Maybe some of you guys think that this is kind of something extraordinary has happened but trust me, most of the people who bet Lottery are those who don't change their numbers because they think that number would make them a millionaire someday and that's what happened here, it's the same as the other people who bet their own lucky number till now but too bad for them, there's no luck until now.

There are three kinds of lottery bettor, those who bet with combination of their family's birthday, those who bet randomly and those who bet with whatever comes out in their mind or if they have dream some numbers, those who usually keep their family's combination and bet the same over and over again are the most dedicated compared to the two, and this is one of the proof.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
January 21, 2021, 07:59:07 AM
I used to play the same sets of numbers at my local betting shop (you pick 3, 4 or up to 6 numbers depending on the type of ticket) but overall I lose money. Same like dice, I do bet on the same numbers, but it is all psychological, the randomness and probability are all the same.

I feel such envy every time I read stories like this:)
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
January 21, 2021, 06:58:13 AM
quite surprised to hear the amount she won was $60 million.  in my country, this kind of money is enough to buy hundreds of mansions.  amid this "PANDEMIC", their win is a great gift, but what amazed me was that they (her and her husband) always playing the same numbers for 20 years.

After playing the same lottery numbers for 20 years that came to her husband in a dream, a 57-year-old Toronto woman is $60 million richer.

Do any of you play the same trick as their (playing the same number always)??

https://www.cp24.com/news/toronto-woman-says-winning-numbers-for-60m-lotto-max-jackpot-came-to-husband-in-a-dream-1.5271897
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-woman-wins-60-million-lotto-max-jackpot-with-numbers-husband-dreamt-of-20-years-ago-1.5271865

The odds of hitting of the jackpot in a lottery are very slim, whether if it's random or the same number you have been betting for several years it is pure luck. I know some people who bet in the lottery daily, which I think had been part of their daily routine which most likely happens to those who bet regularly in lotteries. I just hope they can value the money they have won and don't waste it. It's easy to go bankrupt even with millions of dollars if you don't know how to manage your money wisely.

Yeah, even though they've been doing it for years and finally get the odd this time, it's a stroke of pure luck there's no string attached here. Maybe some of you guys think that this is kind of something extraordinary has happened but trust me, most of the people who bet Lottery are those who don't change their numbers because they think that number would make them a millionaire someday and that's what happened here, it's the same as the other people who bet their own lucky number till now but too bad for them, there's no luck until now.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
January 21, 2021, 04:52:42 AM
The dream part is interesting . It's possible that the faith of the family was tested, they believe, never lose faith and eventually end up winning with the dream number.
If it's destined for you, it will always come to pass, but if it's not, it won't. So, I wouldn't consider copying the family unless it was revealed to me or I had dream like that

That is definitely intetesting. Would be nice to make a survey before such a big lottery winning and ask people in general who dreamed if having the right numbers. There might be quite a few people who dream of winning but never actually win the lottery. In the end we only hear the story of the lucky winners but not the unlucky ones. Or having 5 right numbers and not the super number.
Pages:
Jump to: