Pages:
Author

Topic: Tradehill - Thank you for reloving and continue with the best customer service - page 2. (Read 4811 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Three days ago I tried to withdraw my funds--around $1100 US--to OKPAY.  They have neither moved the funds, nor do they answer email. Tell me again why I'm not supposed to feel ripped here?

When our bank account was closed we were forced to wait for a check to arrive in the mail. We then need to deposit that check and when it clears send cash to OKpay. A significant portion has cleared and we'll begin sending the checks / okpay out soon. Paxum may take slightly longer due to it taking up to a week for them to credit our wire depending on the time it gets sent. The bottle neck in all of this is the traditional financial institutions. We're looking for alternatives around this.

Jered

Still: at the very least you should answer emails on Tradehill.  To have to come here and wonder where my money is is not correct.  I've been to other sites to notify people that this is happening, but I'm not an official representative of TradeHill and this is very discouraging.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Three days ago I tried to withdraw my funds--around $1100 US--to OKPAY.  They have neither moved the funds, nor do they answer email. Tell me again why I'm not supposed to feel ripped here?

When our bank account was closed we were forced to wait for a check to arrive in the mail. We then need to deposit that check and when it clears send cash to OKpay. A significant portion has cleared and we'll begin sending the checks / okpay out soon. Paxum may take slightly longer due to it taking up to a week for them to credit our wire depending on the time it gets sent. The bottle neck in all of this is the traditional financial institutions. We're looking for alternatives around this.

Jered
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
That sucks you guys have been having problems.

That said: Don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose.

Not gambling when its a payment is it?

+ 1 to that...

to another point.. i made a request for check since dec 30th - hopefully i'll somehow get to see the check next week sometime... mining bitcoin may not be my main income but having that earned money is definitely nice since it is earned...

I went with tradehill because i can get a check from them and i hope that everything will be resolved - it's already going through hoops to get mtgox to bitinstant to trade hill... i dont want to get like 10% taken out of the money i mined since it's hard earned cash... not to mention having your bank info verified, etcetc... it's a hassle and i'm not that comfortable giving out those info...
Activity: 406
QUIFAS EXCHANGE

Not gambling when its a payment is it?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

QUIFAS EXCHANGE
Shakaru- how did Charlie at Bitinstant help you?  I only see OKpay and Paxum to withdraw- did you use one of these in conjunction with Bitinstant?

No, we spoke privately and I helped him resolve it.

Feel free to PM me, I can do my best to help you as well

Charlie

Thanks Charlie, I didnt know what to tell him on that one.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
Shakaru- how did Charlie at Bitinstant help you?  I only see OKpay and Paxum to withdraw- did you use one of these in conjunction with Bitinstant?

No, we spoke privately and I helped him resolve it.

Feel free to PM me, I can do my best to help you as well

Charlie
legendary
Activity: 1736
Truly decentralized stable asset
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
I would like to take this time to thank the staff at Tradehill for coming through in time, and most importantly of all, Yankee of BitInstant. As some of you may know, my heath is crap and while Jared was unaware, the withdraw I had made was intended to cover my cost as I had already payed a good ammount of out pocket so that I can get good care out of a good facility (f*cking US health system). Because of this, it was possible that I would not be able to cover my rent, but make sure thoese who I am responsable for, are taken care of.
I want to say that my tone of actions to Tradehill was stress induced, and I do still support them as my exchange of choice. The bigest reason for this is that no other exchange would take the actions needed to help out its clients. I was a former user of BitBux because of its Conceirge service and while it is not advertised, I do have to say that the level of support and respect I get from TradeHill should be considred as such compared to other exchanges.

Jared, I appologise for my tone and words and still only ask that you notify customers of an issue, and/refund them in the need if a funding option is not available. Im not even asking this to be pickey, but if this is done, you will have everyone coin in your exchange. MtGox acts like a bulley on the playground stealing lunch money because they know that no one will listen. You take responsability in a mannor that I not only respect, but that I will will promote.

If you want a exchange that REALLY listens to its customers. That cares to keep you as a client. That IMHO has repeatly rose up when other exchanges require the user to provide proff than look through its own records (Mtgox.....) Then use TradeHill. Yes, no exchange is withouts its problems, but atleast TradeHill has taken care of every bitcoin and cent with me to satifaction and while with some resistance as is almost required with this economy, has been a literal life saver.

Jared, check you inbo.
legendary
I think that is the problem with Tradehill- lack of consistency.  For some people this is just "bitcoin money" like spare change.  But as a business owner I have to look at it this way.  All of the income from my business from the 29th of December to today is being held by them and they still will not answer my emails.  This is money that I would use to pay suppliers and buy more inventory.  

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

I've written a good number of emails to TradeHill in the past and I've never been disappointed.  Their check to me also arrived very quickly.  It really sucks when your money is tied up because it can be a very helpless feeling, but so far Tradehill has been the most observably reliable exchange in my opinion.  They make me feel too safe when I shouldn't feel that way.  That's really a compliment, but I think a lot of us feel too safe with Bitcoin in general, even though we understand the risks.

Stuff like this is gonna happen, but I'd feel a lot safer with a TradeHill holdup than a Gox holdup, or a holdup on some newer exchange.
legendary
Still waiting for Jered to answer my e-mail. 

I have check withdrawals going back to the 29th of December and until I came here I had no idea that they were not being processed.  So I guess I am not surprised at the lack of communication from Jered.  That has been the rule at Tradehell.
legendary
Yankee that is all good and well, but is that how you would expect your clients to get their information?  An e-mail would have been nice considering the gravity of the situation.  A notice upon signup would have been a good reinforcement- just in case.  But posting the information on a public forum and just expecting everyone with a check withdrawal in progress to go there seems very amateurish.
legendary
"TradeHill made an announcement last week that their accounts were frozen and working to get new and backups set up."

How would the average guy like me know this?  I was not given this information via e-mail.  I didn't see a notice when I logged into Tradehill.  I emailed to ask about it and my emails were never returned- and still have not been.

It was and still is on the first page of General Discussion in these forums.
legendary
"TradeHill made an announcement last week that their accounts were frozen and working to get new and backups set up."

How would the average guy like me know this?  I was not given this information via e-mail.  I didn't see a notice when I logged into Tradehill.  I emailed to ask about it and my emails were never returned- and still have not been.
Activity: 420
I dont want to rant and rave. I just want the practice of notifying only after inquiry, of when a method is unavailable.. Other, I actually rant and rave about the service. I like how atleast TradeHill responds and takes action. I like how when there was the previous issue, a pulbic announcement was made once the issue is resolved.
Also, you can see that evern with this mess, I still use tradehill for my wallet.
Also, Yankee, thank you for the help. ALL OF IT!: )

No problem! This is why we have a community, so we can help each other with the good and bad.

Jered just cancelled your request for withdrawal. Send me a PM and we can arrange and instant and free payout for you.

Charlie

I noticed and thank you both. Pulling out btc to mtgox to mtgoxusd and then you you. Thank you again

Thanks Shakaru and Yankee, there is no reason this should have taken so long to resolve and it rests completely on us. I'm glad we got it sorted out. Thanks for using TradeHill and the good words.

I also appreciate the patience everyone gives us when dealing with the banking issues. When they decide to close an account not only do they close it without warning it's often without an explanation which is extremely frustrating.

Jered
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
I dont want to rant and rave. I just want the practice of notifying only after inquiry, of when a method is unavailable.. Other, I actually rant and rave about the service. I like how atleast TradeHill responds and takes action. I like how when there was the previous issue, a pulbic announcement was made once the issue is resolved.
Also, you can see that evern with this mess, I still use tradehill for my wallet.

No problem! This is why we have a community, so we can help each other with the good and bad.

Jered just cancelled your request for withdrawal. Send me a PM and we can arrange and instant and free payout for you.

Charlie

I noticed and thank you both. Pulling out btc to mtgox to mtgoxusd and then you you. Thank you again
legendary

Charlie
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
Pages:
Jump to: