Pages:
Author

Topic: [Trading Simulator] A fun & free Speculation Game - SWITCH TO BPI ON JULY 15 !!! - page 2. (Read 241362 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
sounds great man.

I really liked the automated trading game on btccharts.com wish they would open again, i would even pay for the service as it use to be like 4 years ago
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
I have started writing a 100% automated version 2.0 of this game. I would like to get some input on a few changes I'd like to make.
  • Eliminate the 8 hours between trades which allows a more realistic capital management/preservation
  • Trade as often as you'd like. No manual updates means it no longer matters if there are hundreds of trades per week, but with a .1% "spread" fee per trade. This slows excessive trigger happiness.
  • It will be a stand alone site with score sheet, a near real time price (about 10 second updates), and trading right from the page with immediate calculations and additions.
  • New player would be able to see their name on the scoreboard within minutes if not immediately

This also eliminates the possibility of "cheating" caused by the removal of posted trades between updates.

No cookies and no emails needed, but that also means no PW retrieval. So don't forget it!!

Tell me what you think
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
We need a restart

Nice to see I'm doing this good in forgotten game Wink

We need some site where trades can be automated, these late updates are killing all the interest for the game. Maybe if we gather some donations for the software someone can write quick PHP script to enter trades and display the leaderboard?

This is a good idea, and I'd be willing to write something up when I have some time over the next week or two.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075
^ Will code for Bitcoins
We need a restart

Nice to see I'm doing this good in forgotten game Wink

We need some site where trades can be automated, these late updates are killing all the interest for the game. Maybe if we gather some donations for the software someone can write quick PHP script to enter trades and display the leaderboard?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005
I completely forgot about this game.

Nice to see I have a 139.78% virtual ROI, but I'm in the position 35, so there is little hope for me.

We need a restart
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
I was going to sell right before that dump too... Stupid humans and their need to eat lunch  Roll Eyes
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
When will the next one start?

Maybe you should make a shorter one, lasting 3 months, so people won't lose interest midway and less chance of the game be abandoned

I think interest was lost due to very long, sideways movement (or lack thereof). When there is no trend, there is a lull in trading and volumes drop, just like the real market. Wink

Lots of people got low ROI then just abandoned the game.

The OP's disappearance was another factor that made people lose interest in this game

Which is why the game is interesting. Because that's pretty close to reality!
And it's better to have lost everything or close to in a free game than in real trading.
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary

Maybe you should make a shorter one, lasting 3 months, so people won't lose interest midway and less chance of the game be abandoned

I think interest was lost due to very long, sideways movement (or lack thereof). When there is no trend, there is a lull in trading and volumes drop, just like the real market. Wink

The OP's disappearance was another factor that made people lose interest in this game

Well, sure... When losing, you lose ambition, and dnaleor leaving wasn't that big of a deal since miz4r took over anyway. Lack of updates on the other hand... would be as big a deal as indecisive markets.
legendary
Activity: 1162

legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary

legendary
Activity: 1162

Activity: 625
Merit: 501
x
SELL @ 688.49.

I am updating right now and your last trade before this one was a SELL @ 379.35 sadly, so I have to skip this one. Sad

That would explain why I expected to be top 5, and am instead in 40th :-P

Great job to all, especially Rynin, Wary, Lithium.

Looking forward to the reboot!

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
So,i would like to start.
I dont actually get if i should post if i want to buy or sell now,i will probably do this later.
Look's like a fun game,let's see if i will get rich here hahaha Wink

Just state whether you want to start in coins or USD and that will establish your starting position
Well,i want to buy at 647,53$ then,i smell some nasty profit in there hehe.
Anyway halving in a while so i will go rather long term i think
legendary
Activity: 1246
Leaderboard fully updated! The scores look wicked right now, only 1 USD hodler in the top 10. Tongue

Dont know how I slipped so much? do you have me down last trade as a BUY?

Let's see these were your trades since the last update:

SELL @ 278.24
BUY @ 280.17
SELL @ 283.96
BUY @ 303.79
SELL @ 324.18 (profit)
BUY @ 323.72
SELL @ 375.29 (profit)
BUY @ 448.7
SELL @ 377.31 (loss, this must be the culprit)
BUY @ 381.31
HODL

You missed out on some uptick in the beginning by selling at 283.96 and buying back at 303.79, and especially the buy at $448.7 after selling at 375.29 made you lose out against a lot of BTC hodlers.
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader
Thanks for the work, Miz4r!

Just declare winners and let's get on with the new and improved Trading game.  Cool

legendary
Activity: 1073
Leaderboard fully updated! The scores look wicked right now, only 1 USD hodler in the top 10. Tongue

Wasn't the game meant to end in 2015?

I think it is better start another one. I guess most people aren't even around the forum or just forgot about the game
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary

Well... I can't be alone in that :/
Buy @ 657..97
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Dont know how I slipped so much? do you have me down last trade as a BUY?
legendary
Activity: 1246

Pages:
Jump to: