Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading sucks, I'll just hold my coins - page 44. (Read 25868 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 251
August 03, 2017, 08:34:53 PM
Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

I though I can trade. Buy low, sell high. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

This is a great advice, mate! There is a skill needed for trading. You simply cannot assume that everything's pretty simple. A trading skill in crypto is not learned overnight. But, just the same, holding is a good option. Just hold some other alts also, not just BTC. Perhaps you can also hold ETH, Waves, and some others.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
August 03, 2017, 08:22:57 PM
Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

You made yourself lose money by selling.

You were being greedy and thought you had to cash out or something? Why did you sell and make yourself lose though? What coin was it?

The first rule of trading is to not lose money. If you would just hold for awhile the price would likely go back up.
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
Hello. Bye.
August 03, 2017, 07:28:39 PM
Everyone on youtube is bumping coins they have shares in, I've stopped watching those videos long ago.

To the OP: I hear you man, can't invest anything you're not willing to lose. At the end of the day investing is gambling.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
August 03, 2017, 07:22:39 PM
One of the biggest trust I have read here, thanks OP for sharing your opinion here, I think this thread must be pinned to avoid seing crying faces of another unsuccessful traders.
Man on youtube people took videos to earn money from youtube ads, no one cares on your pocket. Also to become good in trading, there are many demo platforms to play with points.
Also holding isn't option here but it's better if you want more guaranteed profit, just need to learn waiting for long time.
I advice you to forget that holding and trading if you lose, save nervous and your health.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
August 03, 2017, 07:21:17 PM
With anything, dont invest what you cant afford to lose.

Did you research these projects before you purchased?
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
August 03, 2017, 07:09:55 PM
Well it is too late to give you any advise. At least you have understood your mistakes (the biggest one was to start trading) and you on't do it anymore. Now just try not to buy any shitcoins (100% sure that cryptoinvestment is not yours), do not store your BTC online and other simple rules.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
August 03, 2017, 06:56:50 PM

Cheers!

I just started trading too but I'm trying for long term gains. Were you attempting a pump and dump? If so, I'd avoid that for now and stick to solid investments like BTC or ethereum. They are pretty safe and you can still gain 20% in a week if you monitor trading sites vigilantly. Don't give up man. Let's get rich.
Activity: 18
Merit: 3
August 03, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

Cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: