Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading sucks, I'll just hold my coins - page 36. (Read 25868 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
August 15, 2017, 01:29:42 PM
Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

I though I can trade. Buy low, sell high. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

Now you know trading is not the easy way to make profit, need hard work and emotion control to deal the risk. Your post just like saving ( investment ) not trading but is good because that's the right way. I suggest you try to find buy and sell area with long time period to calculate your strategy. Keep going and try to learn from group/ books. Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1001
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
August 15, 2017, 01:05:18 PM
You need to have to learn to do Risk Management for your trades.
It cannot make you rich fast but it will help you survive the game, and won't make you go broke.
Going all in to one coin is like going suicide and testing your luck.

Many people actually feel that way and holding is not a bad alternative for people who doesn't really have the knack for trading. If you're not  really that comfortable with the risk you'll make with trading, you'll still be making profits with holding btcs.
Yeah, have many type trade for every people, depends the strategy of everyone will helps us have profit with it.
Don't think just only day trader can helps you get rich. Wink
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
August 15, 2017, 12:43:23 PM
Trade does not require haste and the influence of emotions because of what is not suitable for everyone. I prefer to just keep coins, because this will also be a good profit because of the price increase.

This is one of the safe options in bitcoin if you are not able to take much risk. If you develop a skill to do trading then you have an added benefit which is that even in the falling market you can make money. While this benefit cannot be taken when you just invest in btc and do not trade with it.

Only holding the coin especially bitcoin not so risky, just sometimes takes a long time to feel the profits or price increases. Trading gives more profit but also puts more risk.

Yes, trade can give a very big profit. And many people are willing to risk for this profit. Each of us has two options - either work without risk in the office and get a small income, or take a chance and get a very big come in the trade.
It is a good point to always consider the risk on trading Bitcoin. So basically if you don't want to deal with risk and a chance of making profit out of Bitcoin is a more active way, hold is the better option for you to still have an opportunity to earn and to make profit but in a passive way. But it still depends if you are going to convert early a part of you not taking risk.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
August 15, 2017, 11:36:45 AM
It cannot make you rich fast but it will help you survive the game, and won't make you go broke.

Many people actually feel that way and holding is not a bad alternative for people who doesn't really have the knack for trading. If you're not  really that comfortable with the risk you'll make with trading, you'll still be making profits with holding btcs.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
August 15, 2017, 09:00:04 AM
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
August 15, 2017, 08:59:33 AM
for all altcoins : i have got a successful strategy regarding this is placing very low buy orders. About a week ago a crazy dump occurred, selling off xxxx  coin down to 25% of its value! After a short while the market recovered slightly and anyone who had low buy these low orders could easily double or triple their investment. Placing buy orders requires special care, don’t wake up when you’re far away from the market to find your buy order is suddenly higher than the current market price!
Activity: 195
Merit: 10
August 15, 2017, 07:08:25 AM
You think so because "buy and wait" is easier than "buy and trade". But we all know that it’s not a better option, but a lazy one. I am not a good trader, in fact I’m a bad one. I tried it and understood that it’s not for me, so decided to earn Bitcoin in a different way. But I also hold my Bitcoins to grow my capital.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
August 15, 2017, 06:38:07 AM
Trading is part of tricky investment in which you have to be very patient about your goals. If you get greedy while trading then you are almost finished with that trade no matter what you do. Your loss is not much and it should not happen but it is really temporary and bitcoin will rise up again. Most if the people do even greater trader strategy than this by holding at least 5-6 coins at the same time and they never get panicked with fall situation because they always have mind set that they can earn big with their trade. So try to learn these strategies and control the emotions. Rest is yours.
Getting greedy and losing patience are the problems usually all day traders are facing. In the case of long-term trading, trader never need to worry about these things as there will be no need of emotion control for long term trading plan.

Again, strategies and money management other things a trader need to worry only for day trading and definitely not for just holding. In my experience I am always suggesting to go for long term trading with the respect to bitcoin and surprisingly it is always profitable for all the people.
Instead of struggling with different aspects of trading, it is always easier to buy and hold to make big profits with bitcoin.

I am also have switched over to long-term trading plans as short-term trading was most of the time leading to losses. To secure my capital I decided to stick with holding for longer haul.
That must be a right decision. I guess only for full-time traders day trading will be good because they only will be having enough time to watch market movements to make appropriate decisions on time. For all other people, holding for long period must be the right way of trading as it does not require any monitoring as well there will be no need of any on-time decision making.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
August 14, 2017, 03:57:47 PM
A friend of mine who get a good ideas to trade has just also abandoned the ideas after losing a huge part of his investment. I think trading is not for everyone and for you to be successful in trading you must developed you skills and experience including knowledge on how trading work. I know many professional traders who get alot of money daily from crytocurrency trading but the reality is that 95% of traders lose money only few really make it. So I think hold is the really best options for you op.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
August 14, 2017, 03:16:24 PM
Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

I just started trading too but I'm trying for long term gains. Were you attempting a pump and dump? If so, I'd avoid that for now and stick to solid investments like BTC or ethereum. They are pretty safe and you can still gain 20% in a week if you monitor trading sites vigilantly. Don't give up man. Let's get rich.
Is good you identify what exactly you are good at and the one you are not good in doing. So many people loses money in crypto currency trading because they believe some people are making it big from trading and they fail to realize that trading is not meant for everybody, because there are people who cannot control their emotions and equally don't know the technicality involved in trading. Is good we should identify what we are good in doing than to just jump into what will hurt us financially in the name of trying to make it big.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
August 14, 2017, 03:06:50 PM
Trading is part of tricky investment in which you have to be very patient about your goals. If you get greedy while trading then you are almost finished with that trade no matter what you do. Your loss is not much and it should not happen but it is really temporary and bitcoin will rise up again. Most if the people do even greater trader strategy than this by holding at least 5-6 coins at the same time and they never get panicked with fall situation because they always have mind set that they can earn big with their trade. So try to learn these strategies and control the emotions. Rest is yours.
Getting greedy and losing patience are the problems usually all day traders are facing. In the case of long-term trading, trader never need to worry about these things as there will be no need of emotion control for long term trading plan.

Again, strategies and money management other things a trader need to worry only for day trading and definitely not for just holding. In my experience I am always suggesting to go for long term trading with the respect to bitcoin and surprisingly it is always profitable for all the people.
Instead of struggling with different aspects of trading, it is always easier to buy and hold to make big profits with bitcoin.

I am also have switched over to long-term trading plans as short-term trading was most of the time leading to losses. To secure my capital I decided to stick with holding for longer haul.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
August 14, 2017, 03:04:48 PM

Activity: 2786
Merit: 902
yesssir! 🫡
August 14, 2017, 02:17:40 PM
My suggestion now is to just hold and stop trading. Remember most people who get rich on investing buy and hold and are not day traders

Holding is fine but theres nothing wrong with trading, they are both profitable although the profit is certainly not guaranteed, it depends on the user moreove it has its risks.

and again most people didn't become rich because of investing in fact investors depends on traders because theyre the ones who circulate the coins, mostly the ones who moves the

market. stop saying that the other one is not profitable etc. because each one has its own advantages. it'll just depends on the user on which will he take advantage to
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 14, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

Holding won't give you that much profit but at least it don't have huge risk to lose everything like trading do.

On the other hand, if a person holds lots of quantities then the duration of their holding period will be paid off since the return will surely gived them a decent return. If we hold coins, it means we are considering that coin as meant for long term holding. We should care about the time we will spend here because when we say long term, the journey is long narrow but it has greater chance of having a bright finish line.

Now to make worth out of it, try to increase the quantity of their hold coin since in the first place, trading doesn't giving them a good returns. People just need to be serious about this.
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
August 14, 2017, 01:52:37 PM

Cheers!

Trading is great way to earn money, but it needs a lot of experience and knowledge. You lost your money because you didn't know enough about trading, "buy cheap sell expensive" won't work most of the times.

Holding won't give you that much profit but at least it don't have huge risk to lose everything like trading do.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 14, 2017, 01:12:13 PM
My suggestion now is to just hold and stop trading. Remember most people who get rich on investing buy and hold and are not day traders

After losing so much money the best what he can do is to stop trading and to try something else. I am watching price movement of alt-coins
and all of them are going down, how to trade and earn from trading when prices are just going down in past two weeks, since 1 August. Can we
expect prices to recover and rise or bitcoin will remain the best coin for long time holding or day trading? Looks you are right about one thing,
people who get rich are holders and not day traders.

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
August 14, 2017, 12:24:57 PM
Activity: 355
Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing
August 14, 2017, 12:18:58 PM
You can just charge it to experience and maybe try to learn from it. Crypto trading is never an easy thing despite what others are claiming. Not only must you require patience and a goos understanding of what you are getting into, but the risks will always be there especially for the alt coins that only serve as pump and dump instruments. I was also into a bit of trad8ng before but since I found out that I can't devote too much in it, I just decided to hold my coins and let it appreciate in value over time.
The truth is trading is not an easy platform for people' to earn. Specially when you don't have the specific knowledge out of trading. If you want to get into something and you want to earn out of it you need to invest time for you to learn and to know how you see going to get used to it. Because this is the part where you see going to actually do your part for you to earn. It is a not a passive way of earning rather a more active way. So it is better to stop if you cannot handle the pressure, but if you will just learn and get used to trade and take the risk it is definitely worth it.
Activity: 350
August 14, 2017, 08:47:54 AM

Cheers!

Maybe trading track is not really meant for you buddy, I know that one day you will finally found what genre you are good at. Maybe you will be successful at holdong your coins and gaining on them ir maybe on investments and other stuffs like gambling. We don't know you are the one who will explore your skills sooner or later you will discover it and be an expert to it. We are all going to be a successful persons in the future I know that because we are planning our future already we are saving money to be wealthy in the nect generation.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
August 14, 2017, 06:43:07 AM
Hey, don't quit just because you had an accident. If you want to trade, you should be aware that this is an activity for the long-term. Moreover, if you are just beginning you should be prepared to lose, probably even several times. If you don't like the long-term aspect, then you probably shouldn't trade. There will be wins, but there will be losses too. If we could predict all the ups and downs with certainty, we would all be millionaires here. Give this a thought and I wish you the best of luck

Many of the coins I hold and more shitcoins are finally giving up, and I keep trading every day, no matter with it, I just got very emotional because the coins were not able to rise, but that I consider as a valuable lesson. .

Yeah, I can relate. We all of us have this kind of lesson sometimes. It's all about perspective for me. If I want to trade, I accept losses as something that can not be avoided
Pages:
Jump to: