Pages:
Author

Topic: Tricky Question, Sell BTC and buy Altcoin? - page 3. (Read 2192 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 503
October 25, 2017, 07:49:46 AM
It is  a good time for Crypto Land, we are on the moon,.... and even better.
When we have to sell Bitcoin and buy Altcoin?
Forking makes your Bitcoin higher,
so I can sell it.

These extra money can be used to buy (cheap) altcoins,... anyone has suggestion when do I have to start to buy it?

It actually going to be on the basis of where you have your allegiance. While some people will hold the believe that this is the time to buy altcoin, others will prefer to stick and hold their coins. In my own case, I would prefer to not sell all bitcoin for the sake of alt coin rather, I would spread my risk to ensure that I don't lose out on both ends and at the same time be more careful about the choice of investments in alt coins because as they could return profit quickly, they could also return losses as well.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
October 25, 2017, 05:26:15 AM
so I can sell it.

These extra money can be used to buy (cheap) altcoins,... anyone has suggestion when do I have to start to buy it?
I think you should wait a little more since November fork is not yet finished ( obviously) but you can get the opportunity to buy waves while it's price is very low. "Forking makes your Bitcoin higher" ? Maybe before forking but as what we can see bitcoin dipped after the fork.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
October 25, 2017, 01:45:02 AM
I'll say so wait forks and sell a little, and then buy the alts in full and everything will be. Now they are very low in price and as long as there is such a price for bitcoins they will not be unfortunately.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
October 25, 2017, 01:39:35 AM
It is good to invest into altcoins with potential future, selling some bits of your bitcoin is okay. Despite the fact that most ICOs are scam, it is more better to invest into ICOs and wait for rise in price.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
October 25, 2017, 01:37:36 AM

I am thinking of that too, but i guess i am late for that moves, I've observed the alts are almost all green yesterday. I should think first before i proceed with that even though i want to buy it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
October 25, 2017, 01:29:45 AM
It is  a good time for Crypto Land, we are on the moon,.... and even better.
so I can sell it.

Since there is a fork happening. I am not changing my altcoins into bitcoins and store it to have BTG. I would lose a big amount of money if I do that. So I will just hodl my altcoins. Oh, this time around is the best buy for altcoins. Almost all alts are blood bath so go and buy right now. Selling bitcoin is now good since it is still at 5,500 mark.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
October 25, 2017, 12:58:15 AM
There is an opinion that altcoin should be bought when important news comes out about it, and during this time of the pump the altcoin should be sold.
That is not only case with altcoin only. Any sort of coin if you are dealing in, don’t matter what is it, what properties it hold, that would be best when it comes to the highest price coming in market. So better is to sell out when prices are getting higher and higher. You have to be careful and observant every time. Go ahead, wait for the good time and then sell. Good luck to you.

Activity: 164
Merit: 19
October 24, 2017, 05:45:51 PM
btc had its pump the last 3 weeks. next 3 weeks dont expect to much, so yeah, try the altcoin train. but none of those bubble/nofeature/nocommunity coins...
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
October 24, 2017, 05:35:49 PM
Bitcoin price is about %5600 now. I think you should wait until it recovers at least $6000. After that, you can sell and buy altcoin. Some altcoins I suggest are Modero, Ripple, ETH and Monacoin.
This is the stupidity to investing in the coin who are not known by the common people and refusing such a valuable coin is not a good omen and those who are thinking about investing in other coins will surely meet loss because bitcoin is totally covering the price charts and dump in bitcoin will give rise to altcoin an possibility of dump is zero because bitcoin has become unstoppable now so think twice before investing. Otherwise if bitcoin price goes to 6k $ after then we need to hold it till when its price goes to hit 10k$.
Activity: 199
October 24, 2017, 12:17:37 PM
Bitcoin price is about %5600 now. I think you should wait until it recovers at least $6000. After that, you can sell and buy altcoin. Some altcoins I suggest are Modero, Ripple, ETH and Monacoin.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
October 24, 2017, 10:07:38 AM
I think today will the perfect time, the bitcoin price is starting to drop and alt price is going to go up, you need to act quick to get profit because this trend is not going to hold for a long time, but you need to remember playing with alt is a very dangerous thing
Activity: 518
Merit: 103
October 24, 2017, 09:50:39 AM
At situations like this, wherein bitcoin's value is considerably high, I would suggest to hold, however, if already have enough bitcoins with you, it is up to you if you want to cash out, still as investors, we cannot pass on this moment that altcoins are on a bargain, we should also invest on altcoins that we see are going to be a leader in crypto currency as well. For me, rather than choosing which among the two should I go for, Bitcoin or altcoins, I would rather have both, since both have positive sides and negative sides, and in time, will give you profit, so why not have both, but if you mainly want to focus on bitcoins and not altcoins or vice-versa, it will be up to you, since both investments will just have the same risk, and Bitcoin having a high value already, could give you a glimpse on what altcoin's value could become.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
October 24, 2017, 08:42:00 AM

so I can sell it.

That’s correct thing to do at this point. But we should really wait until November because that’s the exact period when we will know what’s up with the bitcoin and altcoin rates. I mean during this fork period it might happen that people start dumping the bitcoin and buy altcoins so as to pump all he coins. Which means it could be good to buy bitcoin at lowest and wait for its next pump it’s come. As demand increase bitcoin increase by couple of thousand dollars thus making it more profitable as compared to alts.

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
October 24, 2017, 07:35:55 AM
In the previous BTC correction at 4500usd. Alt coins are not yet on its lowest deep so theres no pumping happened. But now all coins specially Eth, Ltc, Dash, STR are now on its perfect takeoff position.

Yes they pump today, but dont buy now these coins will dump again, buy them after the next btc dip.

so I can sell it.

The above advises are a thing that a newbie needs.
I got things here:
A momentum is there, built up;
Note:
Technical Analysis also similar

Some update may be introduced;
This a bit google things. Checked.

The most important:
Buy after the BTC stagnant (dip) has just started.

Cool.

More advises from any one for consideration?
Smiley
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
October 24, 2017, 06:24:12 AM
so I can sell it.

if bitcoin price is down too deep then it is time for altcoin to get increase and there is many altcoin have the good potential to gets back higher. and you can trying from now on to search the altcoin that could bring you a good profit but you need to analyze for every altcoin you want to buy and don't forget to take a look in the chart about the trends of the altcoin because sometimes we are trap in lower price but the price is down for more so be careful to decide.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 255
October 24, 2017, 06:19:41 AM
In the previous BTC correction at 4500usd. Alt coins are not yet on its lowest deep so theres no pumping happened. But now all coins specially Eth, Ltc, Dash, STR are now on its perfect takeoff position.

Yes they pump today, but dont buy now these coins will dump again, buy them after the next btc dip.

so I can sell it.

Activity: 1041
Merit: 273
October 24, 2017, 05:31:00 AM
when hf ended,i think btc will be stable or will a low maybe,perfect time to buy altcoin

After the fork is definitely not the best time to buy altcoins in my opinion, as it's most likely that people would be hoarding alts after the fork as well after claiming the bitcoinGold coins, so I personally expect a slight sharp rise in alts moments after the fork when people realize that they already received their bitcoingold.
I would like to share my honest thoughts in this matter with all of you. Recently, I have seen many people who want to sell out bitcoin and buy altcoins because they are expecting few famous altcoins to make large price jumps when the BTG will be released. Past has a great way to repeat itself.

This incident reminds me of the time when BCC was about to launch in the market. I suggest not giving upon bitcoin. I won’t stop anyone from buying altcoins but not at the cost of BTC.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
October 24, 2017, 02:50:26 AM

so I can sell it.

Actually you should start buying altcoin at this stage only because during the fork period only alts are deepest down and can get you loads of it at cheaper rates. That’s the strategy everyone follows in first place and that’s why we see bitcoin pumping and alts dumping. Those who dump alts actually creating opportunities for those who believe in alts for future investment. So it’s like someone is loosing for you and you should create the wealth at that right point.

Activity: 205
October 24, 2017, 02:04:06 AM
so I can sell it.

Yes, for sure, after the hard fork there will be a changes in  BTC price because investors will invest in some altcoins because it will be a great chance to earn more when you invest in altcoins when it is at the lowest price.
I agree sell BTC and buy altcoin because after the hard fork those cash will slowly flow back into altcoins. It is a wise investment with low price now.
This kindbof scenario after hardfork of bitcoin are always happen so yes that was the right thing to do sell some btc then buy some altcoin that really have a potential. But i must say nit all your btc cause we all know the ability of this coin we know that the price of this coin will surely pump again.
Activity: 252
October 24, 2017, 12:51:18 AM
so I can sell it.

It's your choice depending on your risk appetite. In cryptocurrency trading, you must consider how these cryptocurrencies differ in demand, supply and value. Bitcoin has already been number 1 for years now and makes it more stable in terms of return on investment compared to others. But if you want to risk out and try altcoins, which can eaither give you higher and better returns or lower return, then try on analyzing the Altcoin history pricr graph and make an educational guess on where to buy at low price and sell at high price.
Pages:
Jump to: