Pages:
Author

Topic: Tricky Question, Sell BTC and buy Altcoin? - page 5. (Read 2192 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 136
October 23, 2017, 07:42:49 AM
To my mind you have two options and it depends on your beliefs about bitcoin gold, either sell now and buy alts or sell immediately as the fork happens and buy alts then. You may not get your alts quite as cheap doing the latter but you will get free bitcoin gold.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
October 23, 2017, 07:35:53 AM
just to remind you that BTC has forked before, and many said back then (BTC Cash) that the coin wouldn't survive, it's sitting at the moment on about six billion US dollars and it doing just fine. It initially reduced the price of BTC but it later stabilized as it's usually the case with crypto coins in general. Buying altcoins even before the fork would be a good idea imo, since everyone will run after them, you'll be already invested and get the early gains from all the players "escaping" BTC. If something big (bad) would happen to BTC the closest thing to profit from it would be Litecoin, it's the most likely competitor and a good hedge against the king of crypto's. Make sure to have a stack in ETH as well, as it's the "main" altcoin and everything is being build around it nowadays (it's having soon a fork itself, which will settle in a couple of months after it has been thoroughly tested). It will add some privacy features which will definitely give an important boost to ETH.
Activity: 500
Merit: 250
BountyMarketcap
October 23, 2017, 06:35:16 AM
There is an opinion that altcoin should be bought when important news comes out about it, and during this time of the pump the altcoin should be sold.

What do yo mean altcoins should be bought when important news comes out about them? That is explicitly when the pump occurs and you would want to sell them if you want to get some profit. Buying should be on the dip and not the tip. However you may think otherwise.

The second part of your post is also not correct. There is currently a pump occurring in the price of bitcoin and the altcoins are generally showing a dump. This is a good time to buy some altcoins which you previously could not buy due to high price.
For me. if the occurrence of segwit2 I will still hold my bitcoin after segwit2 finish, maybe bitcoin will back up from current price.
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
October 23, 2017, 06:33:39 AM
when hf ended,i think btc will be stable or will a low maybe,perfect time to buy altcoin
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
October 23, 2017, 06:06:39 AM
There is an opinion that altcoin should be bought when important news comes out about it, and during this time of the pump the altcoin should be sold.

What do yo mean altcoins should be bought when important news comes out about them? That is explicitly when the pump occurs and you would want to sell them if you want to get some profit. Buying should be on the dip and not the tip. However you may think otherwise.

The second part of your post is also not correct. There is currently a pump occurring in the price of bitcoin and the altcoins are generally showing a dump. This is a good time to buy some altcoins which you previously could not buy due to high price.
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
October 23, 2017, 05:21:57 AM
It is  a good time for Crypto Land, we are on the moon,.... and even better.
When we have to sell Bitcoin and buy Altcoin?
Forking makes your Bitcoin higher,
so I can sell it.

These extra money can be used to buy (cheap) altcoins,... anyone has suggestion when do I have to start to buy it?
Theres no problem about that, that was the life of traders sometimes if he not longer hold it maybe he can sell it in a good price the only thing that I am telling you is that bitcoin is not yet over. Yes, it's good now to buy altcoins while btc is higher this will be the great season for us to buy some good and potential coins. It will make us more excited while btc getting higher, buy some alts.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
October 23, 2017, 04:59:10 AM
In short you are "gambling" because no one can tell Bitcoin price will go down or go up after the fork. Don't be too greedy, whatever you decide to do, friendly advice Wink
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
October 23, 2017, 04:28:13 AM
It is not definite that the price of bitcoin will decrease after fork. According to veteran traders, the market of bitcoin is speculated to touch $7000.
However, if you are still interested to sell some amount of bitcoin and want to buy altcoins, i would like to suggest some altcoins which have long term potential.
BAT,
OMG,
Waves,
EOS.
You can choose one or all for investments, hope those coins can help you

I think it is possible that BTC will still rise,
I am looking some altcoins that is is better to run some of my profit,
I ll look for Waves.

I bought some and I ll seek the market response first after forking,
it should be fun to see altcoins after that time
Activity: 924
Merit: 511
October 23, 2017, 04:11:19 AM
It is not definite that the price of bitcoin will decrease after fork. According to veteran traders, the market of bitcoin is speculated to touch $7000.
However, if you are still interested to sell some amount of bitcoin and want to buy altcoins, i would like to suggest some altcoins which have long term potential.
BAT,
OMG,
Waves,
EOS.
You can choose one or all for investments, hope those coins can help you
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
October 23, 2017, 03:41:19 AM

Cool if you share more,
Do you have any advise which coin that ll be updated soon?

I am curios to nominate it?

So it is better to sell some and buy altcoins,
Buying which one is that coin with more update?
I am looking further Smiley
Activity: 6
October 23, 2017, 02:38:33 AM
Activity: 57
October 23, 2017, 02:25:49 AM
so I can sell it.

These extra money can be used to buy (cheap) altcoins,... anyone has suggestion when do I have to start to buy it?
Well, what's the problem, after the fork bitcoin falls a little, you can sell a little and invest in altcoyins, they are promising, and now the price for them is acceptable. So I am for developing the alternative and the emergence of competitors.

Good advise for newbie.
I also predict that Bitcoin will have correction so I ll keep the margin to buy something,
Not really which to buy and when.

It seems that you indicated a very good point.
I ll keep watching the market.

Share some more advices here, looking forward
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
October 23, 2017, 01:37:09 AM
so I can sell it.

Well, what's the problem, after the fork bitcoin falls a little, you can sell a little and invest in altcoyins, they are promising, and now the price for them is acceptable. So I am for developing the alternative and the emergence of competitors.
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
October 23, 2017, 12:22:21 AM
so I can sell it.

Pages:
Jump to: