Pages:
Author

Topic: Trust System - page 2. (Read 12629 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 08, 2013, 07:03:52 PM
  Would the trust score be mainly for buying and selling in the Marketplace as like a feedback score ?
Activity: 2
August 08, 2013, 06:51:24 PM
Huh I'm still surprised that such an old-fashioned system(trust,thread,ip checks, 6mins cool-off periods, etc) exists + absence of social networks integrations(likes/follows) may scare some users... Sharm...

I think they will be just fine. Any half-wit internet used is used to systems like these; and if not,it's fast and easy to learn. Not every page in the universe has to have a damn like and twitter button, and you DO NOT have to share anything you do with every one of your friend's and faith acquaintances. It is just not necessary

Also, since this kind of is a financial site; would that make it less serious somehow... wait, what am I saying? I really have no idea

ON THE OTHER HAND
maybe if people linked their FB profiles, people could more easily see that the individuals are not spammers or other riff-raffle. But it would be pretty strict to require it - not everyone uses Faceboojk

those are my quick "stream of consciousness" thoughts on the matter
Activity: 28
August 06, 2013, 12:14:13 PM
 Huh I'm still surprised that such an old-fashioned system(trust,thread,ip checks, 6mins cool-off periods, etc) exists + absence of social networks integrations(likes/follows) may scare some users... Sharm...
Activity: 6
August 03, 2013, 02:27:30 AM
All these things to learn....
My head is going to explode!   

So should i leave my trust settings to default trust and 2 for now?
I realize it doesn't really matter until someone wants to trust me but I want to be ready.
Perhaps theymos?
but i see he even trusts DefaultTrust.

i feel like setting to 0 is the only way i should start. am i crazy?   Did i completely miss the point of the trust thing?

-wild
Activity: 7
July 27, 2013, 01:12:24 AM
I agree, using as a tool or as a guide sounds like a good idea
i know when i consider trusting anything i take many things into consideration, as do most people im sure    Wink
Activity: 10
July 24, 2013, 08:00:09 AM
Whats the trust system?
RTFM! Read the first post in the thread
Activity: 10
July 24, 2013, 07:35:24 AM
Some people seem reputable but don't have this trust is it nly per thread?

There is no overall trust rating. You see "trust" only from your trust network.

It seems you didn't add anybody to your trust network. So, of course, you will see that everybody has trust "0".
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
July 24, 2013, 07:07:10 AM
Whats the trust system?
Activity: 28
July 23, 2013, 03:22:08 PM
Some people seem reputable but don't have this trust is it nly per thread?
Activity: 13
July 23, 2013, 09:45:18 AM
how do you get "trust"?

Interaction and involvement in the community.  Just as you would offline  Smiley
Activity: 13
July 23, 2013, 09:36:16 AM
This whole ecosystem of Alt-coins is based on Trust.  The ethos and the backbone of its success rely on the degree of trust from the users and the promotors.  Whether that is people trading coins, or just the adopters of coins in mainstream society. Trust will keep the coins rolling.... so yeah, I am all about it.  Just a pain in the backside having to start a profile from scratch hahaha  Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
July 19, 2013, 06:01:58 AM
It was a good idea on paper. But it needs to be moderated. Otherwise, trusted people will be able to give negative feedbacks for no reason to people they dislike, which is unfair.... You could be able to appeal a trust.

The trust system is just a way of aggregating people's opinion on each other.  There should be no appeal process since my opinion about you can't really be appealed.  If I hate your guts and think you are scum, then I have a right to that opinion.  If you find out that someone is just giving negative feedbacks for no reason to people he hates, then remove him from your trust list and it won't affect you one bit!

In short, you decide who is on your trust list, and if you don't want to trust people who are loud about their opinion and you think they have no good reason to be giving negative feedback, then remove him from your trust list and problem solved!
Activity: 19
July 14, 2013, 08:37:20 AM
It was a good idea on paper. But it needs to be moderated. Otherwise, trusted people will be able to give negative feedbacks for no reason to people they dislike, which is unfair.... You could be able to appeal a trust.
Activity: 21
July 13, 2013, 05:44:50 PM
Thank you, but I am well aware that I am responsible for my decisions, I was just stating the fact that these systems can be gamed and give a false sense of confidence to people.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
July 13, 2013, 12:42:02 PM
i think it is a good system but i think that you cannot really go and rely on it ..people can just ask some friends to get their trust level higher ..or am i wrong? Huh

You aren't supposed to rely on it, it's a tool, nothing more.

So what is the point of having one? If trust system doesn't work, then it just misleads people into trusting the wrong individuals thinking they are safe.

Because it's better than nothing. In the end, only you are responsible for your decisions and the risk you take.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
July 10, 2013, 06:36:12 PM
i think it is a good system but i think that you cannot really go and rely on it ..people can just ask some friends to get their trust level higher ..or am i wrong? Huh

So what is the point of having one? If trust system doesn't work, then it just misleads people into trusting the wrong individuals thinking they are safe.

It does work, me saying it's just a tool doesn't mean it's broken. If I give you a hammer, would you consider it broken if it doesn't build a house for you by itself?
Activity: 21
July 10, 2013, 05:22:47 PM

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
July 09, 2013, 04:46:19 AM

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
July 09, 2013, 03:51:42 AM
Dont forget to expand here:

Those are simply people you havent added to your network.
Activity: 23
July 07, 2013, 09:51:17 PM
Pages:
Jump to: