Pages:
Author

Topic: Trust System - page 4. (Read 12629 times)

vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
June 26, 2013, 05:41:32 AM
It's already here.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
June 25, 2013, 12:23:47 AM
I think the trust system is a brilliant idea. I'm a relative Newbie and made my first transaction via a Bitcointalk member today and the trust system increased my confidence to trade. It was also nice to receive positive feedback for my part of the transaction. Smiley

Looks like one of you used the feedback system incorrectly.  The risked BTC should really only be used by the person who risked something.  The person who sent first would be the one who risked BTC, the second sender didn't risk anything because they had already received something, and they were just finishing the transaction.

I sent first, £10 GBP. I then received what I'd asked for which was 5 Litecoin. I used BTC-E for the conversion of 5 LTC to BTC which came out at a risk of 0.12 BTC, so I entered this figure in the risked BTC box. Is any of that procedure incorrect?

I believed you did it correctly, because you risked money.  So your feedback with him would include what you risked.  He's the one that took no risk with you and was incorrect.  He already had cash in hand before he sent anything.

I'm liking this idea.  Is this something Bitcointalk.org is implementing or just talking through it?
Activity: 33
June 24, 2013, 02:21:49 PM
is possible to block ip? For scamers. So they can't will create a other account.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
June 20, 2013, 11:26:27 AM
Hi, newbie here. Just read most of this thread and had one question.  What's to stop a scammer from creating multiple id's and building up trust between his own fraudulent network?

There's nothing to stop that.  You just need to be careful about who you put in your trust network and it won't affect you.

With nothing to stop that, someone can get into your trust network and build up trust over a long period of time and when the time is right, or when you and your network is plump and ready, he can then slaughter everyone there.  Scary thought.

There's no way to stop the long con, you just have to be careful about who you trust and how much you risk.
Activity: 7
June 20, 2013, 09:49:15 AM
Hi, newbie here. Just read most of this thread and had one question.  What's to stop a scammer from creating multiple id's and building up trust between his own fraudulent network?

There's nothing to stop that.  You just need to be careful about who you put in your trust network and it won't affect you.

With nothing to stop that, someone can get into your trust network and build up trust over a long period of time and when the time is right, or when you and your network is plump and ready, he can then slaughter everyone there.  Scary thought.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
June 20, 2013, 09:27:28 AM

Activity: 7
June 20, 2013, 09:26:05 AM
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
June 20, 2013, 03:07:18 AM
Bitcoin is inherently all about being free and openly accessible to everyone to use as they see fit.
Activity: 2
June 19, 2013, 11:15:47 AM
What I understand, ripple is meant to incorporate trust management in its core? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't this go against what crypot is about?

Activity: 14
June 19, 2013, 07:42:02 AM
Yeah what about us newbies? Will we ever have a chance?!
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
June 19, 2013, 05:43:39 AM
Good trust system but its really not good for newbies.
People won't even give me a chance to build trust with them.
They just once they see you a new member they accuse you of scamming.
As if all these trusted members were registered with their reputation/posts and didn't make them.
Activity: 24
June 18, 2013, 01:24:06 PM
Thanks for that info. I do like the trust system.
+1

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/marketplace-trust-211858

I would suggest reading up on the trust system.  The above link goes to the announcement topic from the Meta section.

I'm going to leave this thread unlocked for newbies to ask questions and help each other understand.  Useless replies and off-topic remarks will be deleted.

Edit - This is a useless reply:
+1 for trust
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
June 18, 2013, 06:03:15 AM
I am glad the forum takes scamming seriously and has a system in place to stop it.

That system does not stop it.
I'm not even sure it will reduce it.
June 16, 2013, 09:53:49 AM
I assure you, this would be a rather lonely place without all those scammers and their fake accounts and pseudo-identities trying to support them ....

June 16, 2013, 09:45:14 AM
Well, make up your own mind:
Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.
I just hope the scammers dont get a chance. Some want to do legit business and they make the trade sections untrustworthy and hard to find a deal.
June 16, 2013, 09:11:20 AM
Well, make up your own mind:
Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.
June 16, 2013, 09:10:02 AM
I am glad the forum takes scamming seriously and has a system in place to stop it.
June 16, 2013, 07:46:40 AM
well, you'd be well advised, not to trust somebody based on contributions/postings on an anonymous forum - even if that person should have made 30k postings and spent years building up his reputation.
Activity: 4
June 15, 2013, 10:45:31 PM
What about a stack exchange type system that lets people rate the usefulness of other people's posts? This combined with a way to visualize a user's posts over time would be a better way to spot sock puppets who post frequently but dont add to the community and/or make all of their posts in a short period of time.
vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
June 15, 2013, 10:22:07 PM
I won't trust the fake-able number except that the person himself is well known and has a good reputation.
It's hard to fake, only trusted feedback shows up there.
Pages:
Jump to: