Pages:
Author

Topic: Trust System - page 6. (Read 12629 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
June 08, 2013, 05:51:10 AM
very nice idea - also that you can provide proof threads
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
June 07, 2013, 03:07:32 PM
The only way I found to go to the trust profile of someone, is to click near one of his posts in a forum which enables trust.

However in the trust profile there are other users linked. Clicking on them does not bring you to their trust profile, it brings you to their general forum profile... and I couldn't manage to reach their trust profile from there.

IMAO you should:
1. link directly the user's trust profile in the trust page
2. link the user trust profile in his profile page
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
Rimbit - No mining, just development
June 07, 2013, 12:05:03 PM
I think it's a good idea in general but I can easily foresee blackmailers etc. trying to use it to downvote sellers and ruin their reputation.

Edit: It seems to me you mods are creating more and more work for yourself without needing too, you should just focus on keeping the spammers out more than anything.

If someone is a blackmailer, then they shouldn't be trusted, hence their bad feedback shouldn't matter.  The system relies on people only adding people they trust to their network, otherwise it's pointless.  For example, my list is only a handful of people right now.

I agree about the trust system, but we live in the real world where the majority are not techies and such. If you want Bitcoin to work with the other 99.9999 % of the population then something needs to be in place.
Activity: 59
June 05, 2013, 02:37:16 AM
Pretty good idea.  But has to be watched closely for organised fake recommendations of bigger scam operstions.
Activity: 5
June 04, 2013, 08:52:20 PM
Hmmm, maybe I'm missing something, but why not link forum users to wot users and use the trust ratings and lists from there?

Pixilatedbtc

Doable but creates an annoying web of links to follow.
Activity: 10
June 04, 2013, 02:16:37 PM
Hmmm, maybe I'm missing something, but why not link forum users to wot users and use the trust ratings and lists from there?

Pixilatedbtc
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
June 04, 2013, 12:03:50 PM
don't think this is a good idea. If trust can be gained through anyone, that could be easily faked by registering more accounts.
In fact, I have been cheated once by such system. Don't think it can work well. I DON'T trust anyone if I don't know him in the real world

Did you read how the system works?  It sure doesn't sound like it.

Sure people can register a ton of accounts and all leave positive reviews, but those don't factor into a score unless someone has all of those accounts in their "trust network".  The point of the system is it gives you a metric on people based off of who you trust and who they've reviewed.

Please make an effort to understand how something works before calling it a bad idea.
Activity: 11
June 04, 2013, 11:52:32 AM
In fact, I have been cheated once by such system. Don't think it can work well. I DON'T trust anyone if I don't know him in the real world
Activity: 11
June 04, 2013, 11:51:02 AM
don't think this is a good idea. If trust can be gained through anyone, that could be easily faked by registering more accounts.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
June 04, 2013, 07:47:47 AM
Got some reasoning to back up "The trust system is not working."?  Just saying it doesn't add much to the conversation.
I just see a bunch of 0 for everybody there. How is it supposed to be working?

It's new, if you could build it up that fast it'd be useless.
legendary
Keep it real
June 04, 2013, 06:45:33 AM
Got some reasoning to back up "The trust system is not working."?  Just saying it doesn't add much to the conversation.

Well if you're asking that question I'm going to assume you haven't read about how it works. Reading through the main trust system thread that I link to in the OP explains how it works and why everyone is pretty much at 0 right now.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
June 04, 2013, 06:24:42 AM
legendary
Keep it real
June 04, 2013, 06:21:28 AM
The trust system is not working.
I still rely on: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/escrow-list-108716

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
June 04, 2013, 04:52:21 AM
The trust system is not working.
I still rely on: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/escrow-list-108716
Activity: 20
June 03, 2013, 07:04:37 PM
Why isn't the Trust score visible in all sub-forums?
Activity: 56
June 03, 2013, 07:43:48 AM
Upon further reflection I am not going to act as an escrow agent in these forums based upon the following important revelations:

1) You must be licensed to be an escrow agent in the USA
2) Becoming licensed requires a great deal of time and money 
    Getting licensed in all 50 states will cost at least $50k per year

I am still considering this but at this time this is a much more expensive undertaking that I had originally thought.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216729

No one would trust a walk-on Escrow agent anyway; if it is not something you do in real life as a professional, then no one here would have any reason to use your services.
Besides, there are plenty of reputable escrow companies for crypto.

Expecting that much trust in you as a noob, or even me as a JR member, is unrealistic.
legendary
Keep it real
June 03, 2013, 06:16:42 AM
seems like this system is not really working, everyone around here has trust of 0, even long-standing members. why is that?

Guess you didn't read how the trust system works...

It's based off of your trust network, and time as well.
June 02, 2013, 11:07:14 PM
seems like this system is not really working, everyone around here has trust of 0, even long-standing members. why is that?

Uh, because nobody trusts anybody; seems obvious  Roll Eyes
June 02, 2013, 08:27:49 AM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/marketplace-trust-211858

I would suggest reading up on the trust system.  The above link goes to the announcement topic from the Meta section.

I'm going to leave this thread unlocked for newbies to ask questions and help each other understand.  Useless replies and off-topic remarks will be deleted.

Edit - This is a useless reply:
+1 for trust

Trust rating is an evaluation system. Quality of work over quantity is the key.
Activity: 21
June 02, 2013, 01:57:20 AM
The problem with this system is that functionally it's a barrier to entry for new people interested in Bitcoin who want to participate in the discussion. Bitcoin is inherently all about being free and openly accessible to everyone to use as they see fit. IMHO the primary forum for discussion of Bitcoin should reflect these values and remove its barriers for "newbies".
Pages:
Jump to: