Pages:
Author

Topic: Turning off miners - page 4. (Read 36351 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531
Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons
May 03, 2015, 06:17:50 PM
As the difficulty of BTC mining is changing, you may turn off unprofitable miners but most of these turned off miners are solo miners and still there are networks that are profitable. You must calculate for yourself wether your miners still worth working or not.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
/dev/null
April 29, 2015, 06:03:51 AM
Its so obvious  don't even understand how could anyone not see it.

you know why? actually for same reason is somebody able to sent thousands of dollars to some fucker thousands of kilometres away and wait for some "money machine" couple of months..Smiley

reason is obvious, and same, again and again. GREED.

and because of this, bitcoin is still alive. not because of some "haha cool, freedom, tech, idea behind), just because of pure greed. (well, some of guys around bitcoin just believe it, but maybe ~5%, no more). rest is just waiting for easy money.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
April 29, 2015, 03:28:46 AM
Why not go with people who are legit in the cloud mining services?

Spoondoolies has partners like genesis mining that accepts all payment providers.

And you can still be in the mining game, and catch a break to get back in slow amounts at a time?

because some of them are risky even if they are legit, due to the fact that contracts last a bit too long, and you can't resell them in many cases, also maintenance fee is high in some clouds, and on top of that you should add the fact that if bitcoin skyrocket, or begin to rise in price , you can't resell your contract for the same amount at which you bought it

they are done in a way that will prevent you practically, to earn something significant
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
April 28, 2015, 04:19:48 PM

Sorry this does not exist.

The whole cloud mining concept is made to separate idiots from their money. Its so obvious  don't even understand how could anyone not see it.
Activity: 826
April 28, 2015, 01:16:01 PM

Spoondoolies has partners like genesis mining that accepts all payment providers.

And you can still be in the mining game, and catch a break to get back in slow amounts at a time?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
April 28, 2015, 12:10:49 PM
I have some miners for sale
2 X SP20's
4 X Neptunes
8 x Antminer S3's
6 x Antminer S2's

Location NY willing to do local pickup or deliver in the NY Metro Area

You have better luck posting it on the computer hardware and auctions thread then this one.

And the sale is only successful if you have a damn good price since you have way too many units.
Activity: 474
Merit: 111
April 27, 2015, 09:23:41 PM
Switch em all on again, agree to mine to a specific address and use the money to set up several Solar Power / alternative energy hosting facilities so you can host your and other people's (for a fee) rigs and run them till they fall to pieces.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
April 21, 2015, 01:51:18 PM
I have some miners for sale
2 X SP20's
4 X Neptunes
8 x Antminer S3's
6 x Antminer S2's

Location NY willing to do local pickup or deliver in the NY Metro Area
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
April 21, 2015, 10:48:55 AM
If anyone has a Avalon 4 or Spondoolies SP35 I might just be interested in taking it off your hands  Smiley
got a SP31 Yukon  from spondoolies ... you can make me an offer.. ( i have to shipped it from France)
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001
April 21, 2015, 10:44:38 AM
If anyone has a Avalon 4 or Spondoolies SP35 I might just be interested in taking it off your hands  Smiley
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
April 21, 2015, 06:57:39 AM
The only time you should be turning your miners off is to power cycle them, lol.

Also, It's heading into winter here in Australia, so of cause we stacked a few s3's around the house to warm things up. BTC

crk
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
March 29, 2015, 01:48:49 PM
If any of you is willing to sell your miners.. Plz contact me.. I want to buy a few of them :-)
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
March 26, 2015, 04:33:33 PM
I dont home mine anymore, just a bit of cloud now. I think that currently besides cloud the only thing you can make money with is trading. Get a nice bot and skim profits.
legendary
Activity: 938
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
March 24, 2015, 04:32:50 AM
Stopped mining a few months ago. Power costs too much. Cooling is an annoying overhead.

Selling any of your miners? Really interested in expanding my farm Smiley
Activity: 448
March 21, 2015, 12:06:37 AM
Stopped mining a few months ago. Power costs too much. Cooling is an annoying overhead.
Activity: 350
March 20, 2015, 01:23:49 PM
Answer is simple, imho:

1) newbies
2) traders
3) whales
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
March 20, 2015, 03:05:16 AM
I recognize that Bitcoin isn't 100% perfect, that someone in theory could create something that poses legitimate competition. But 99% of the time when you see an alt coin announcemt, you can just tell it has no future. Yet people go off and mine it, and sell to others. Don't get it.

I have always wondered "who" is on the other side of the transaction when I sell an alt-coin? Who wants to give me Bitcoin, or better yet USD, for this alt-coin that I "mined"? That's why I could never see a long term model for the various GAW schemes that mined "X coin", but paid out in Bitcoins.
Activity: 644
March 19, 2015, 02:31:46 PM
I recognize that Bitcoin isn't 100% perfect, that someone in theory could create something that poses legitimate competition. But 99% of the time when you see an alt coin announcemt, you can just tell it has no future. Yet people go off and mine it, and sell to others. Don't get it.
Activity: 644
March 19, 2015, 02:15:34 PM
Activity: 350
March 19, 2015, 10:36:00 AM
The difficulty increase combined with the price drop has me turning off another batch of miners. How about you?

I turned off my mining rigs in december 2014. Now I only mine altcoins at launch, with cloud mining.

how has that worked for you?  Sometimes I think about giving it a go with alts, then I remember how I threw away .25 BTC worth of mining power back in 2014 for a day on some 21 coin and I could never sell it for anything worthwhile. 

You should use a bot on altcoins announcements section, they are all potentially profitable if you start mining as soon as they are released. Then you can always sell on exchanges. Lots of coins today are immediately listed in sites like Yobit. For example, I'm keeping an eye on dragonsphere xdb now (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annxdbdragonsphere-x11-launched-bounty-we-are-on-bittrex-986534), supported by manhattanmine and suprnova. For people like me who bought multi-gpu rigs a while ago it's a good chance to make profit.
Pages:
Jump to: