Author

Topic: TV Series Top 10 Power Rankings (previously TV series Recommendations...) - page 202. (Read 619697 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
anyone watch vice? they cover some interesting stuff. most recently they covered legalized marijuana in colorado. they cover a wide range of really interesting things that our "media" considers unworthy.

I watch Vice. I really like that show.

The Following season finale is on tonight too...

what? are we talking about the HBO program? it's investigative journalism.

Yeah I know, i was talking about two different shows in one post
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
anyone watch vice? they cover some interesting stuff. most recently they covered legalized marijuana in colorado. they cover a wide range of really interesting things that our "media" considers unworthy.

what? are we talking about the HBO program? it's investigative journalism.
legendary
Suits
Homeland

I like both of those shows, although I thought this last season of Suits was kind of weak.
legendary

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
legendary
Have any of you signed up at SQ1.tv?   They put out that short documentary "Bitcoin Phenomenon."   They have some really cool series in production right now, I think they will have some really good shows.   
shit man, fargo (tv series) is pretty fucking awesome.. the dialogue is so weird that i love it. reminds me very much of like a marriage between no country for old men and fargo. the minnesotan accent isn't as exaggerated.

Game of Thrones is goooooood. Cheesy

It is the best season i have seen so far .

Really?   IMO it has started off kind of slow... it was cool when the King got killed that guy was so annoying.  Just watching him made me cringe

this season is supposed to be the best, since it follows the 3rd (best one) so far in the series. after this season, the story goes downhill i hear.. i only got up to book 3.

Tonight's episode of Fargo was really good. I am really impressed with that show so far... The dreams is good with just enough dark comedy.

i will have to check it out.. didn't like the original movie much, but i recently told myself to re-watch again... since i didn't "get" what the big lebowski was about about, and eventually.. during a not so sober situation, i totally "got it" and it just blew my mind.

Honestly the movie came out so long ago, and I remember thinking it was pretty good, but not understanding all the rave reviews. But this show is good. At least 8 out of 10, and i am a tough scorer.

The Cohen Brothers films are always overrated. Haven't seen the TV series yet though.

go to hell m8.. coen brothers make great films. they aren't like any other kinds of movies. they are weirdly familiar to me.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I haven't read any of the books but yes I believe I have heard several times that they are keeping very true to the "book" stories in most aspects. Doesn't change anything.

And besides, from what I just read on Time or wherever it was, the rape scene in the latest episode wasn't a rape at all in the books, so clearly they are capable of adjusting some details.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Is anyone else getting fucking annoyed with Game Of Thrones? I'm not saying it isn't awesome, but is it really necessary to basically kill and/or maim every fucking character? It's like their model is: get you invested in a character, KILL THAT CHARACTER! Rinse and repeat.

I so AGREE with you! Makes me wonder why I'm still watching...

I thought that's the whole point of show - to crash our souls and minds.

Yes, I think it goes against traditional underlying themes where main characters aren't killed.   It keeps you on your toes.  That King kid was the most annoying part of the show anyway.   The midget guy is the best, he was even better when he was just pillaging all the prostitutes..lol

Don't they all die in the books? Don't see why they would chnage it.
Obviously I had no issues when the incest king Geoffrey was poisoned. However, I was more than a little pissed When Ned Stark, Rob Stark, Lady Catherine, Kaul Drogo, etc died... The Grand Maester from Winterfell and that other guy with the crazy beard strings tied under his chin that Theon be-headed were also annoying deaths although not quite as central characters... there have been a ton.

It is getting to the point where they are completely losing the impact of a major character death because they aren't using it sparingly enough.

Their formula seems to be "Get you attached to a character, rip them away from you, bribe you with some titties to win you back, get you attached to a new character, rip them away from you, bribe you with the old titties on tv trick again, etc....
legendary

Is anyone else getting fucking annoyed with Game Of Thrones? I'm not saying it isn't awesome, but is it really necessary to basically kill and/or maim every fucking character? It's like their model is: get you invested in a character, KILL THAT CHARACTER! Rinse and repeat.

Yes, I think it goes against traditional underlying themes where main characters aren't killed.   It keeps you on your toes.  That King kid was the most annoying part of the show anyway.   The midget guy is the best, he was even better when he was just pillaging all the prostitutes..lol
Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Activity: 5

Activity: 42
Crisis is really good.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Lost and games of thrones is great.

I think you're the first person I've seen that said Lost was great. Even fanboys were annoyed with the shitty ending.

Maybe he hasn't reached the end yet.

LOL that's what I was wondering. Everybody complains about it's ending.
Activity: 5
Lost and games of thrones is great.

I think you're the first person I've seen that said Lost was great. Even fanboys were annoyed with the shitty ending.

Maybe he hasn't reached the end yet.
I think The Wire has to be one of the most over rated shows of all time. It's too slow. I just couldnt get in to it.

I didn't really have any expectations, a friend just told me to check it out so I watched it (long after it had already ended) on Netflix or something. If you went into it expecting it to blow your mind I can see how you could be disappointed but for me it was interesting.

I've never seen it but all I ever hear is how awesome it is and the greatest show of all time etc.

It is most definitely not the greatest show of all time, not even top 10. It is, however, an interesting crime drama.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I am following:

Suits
Justified
Person of Interest
The Mentalist
Elementary
Banshee
Game of Thrones

Not seen a single one of these. Haven't even heard of half of them.

Never heard of Justified. Others are mediocre.
Activity: 366
I am following:

Suits
Justified
Person of Interest
The Mentalist
Elementary
Banshee
Game of Thrones

Not seen a single one of these. Haven't even heard of half of them.
Jump to: