Pages:
Author

Topic: Twitter and Google joining war against crypto - page 2. (Read 510 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 0
Facebook, google and twitter's direction to ban crypto ads have both positive and negative impact to the crypto world. The positive impact would me minimizing scam ICOs. Minimizing the fraudulent ICOs would help reduce misconception against the cryptocurrency. The negative impact is we lose the opportunity promoting ico projects to two of the most visited social media and one of the top search engine. It is a challenging year for bitcoin because of this, however, all we need is to adjust.

Activity: 448
Merit: 102
This is all due to fraudulent ICOs. At current time 9 out of 10 ICOs are total scam. They do a fundraising and spend nothing on anything except for roaming around and spending in useless things. And it's a good move from social sites to block those ads until we have regulations of the ICOs.
Indeed. Many ICO’s nowadays are either scam, or their project doesn’t prove strong enough after the launch. Therefore, it’s a good step taken by social media to stop promoting such ICO’s and tokens therefore securing the people that visit their site. This step helps protect the investors from fraud activities and scams. Regulation of ICO’s in recently the main aim of governments in the crypto sections. Security and protection of investors is must and necessary step from the scam and ponzi scheme ICO’s.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
Although this is a big blow for advertise who want to gain paid traffic with their ICOs, I am totally in favor of banning them for good. You know why? It will finally reduce the chances of scammy ICOs and other fraudulent Bitcoin opportunities of getting a lot of exposure in the form of paid advertisements. However, organic search and communities would remain as ease. I don’t know if LinkedIn would be the next in line to impose a ban to crypto ads.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Well it looks like more great news for all of us (rolls eyes)...

In a new, unconfirmed report, Twitter will ban all crypto related ads in 2 weeks. This coming on the wake of Facebook banning crypto related ads.

Read more here: https://www.coindesk.com/twitter-will-ban-cryptocurrency-ads-in-two-weeks-says-report/

Also, it appears in June of this year that Google will change it's policy regarding financial services ads, and that means a ban on crypto related ads. This is going to absolutely tear the market to shreds even more than it is now. What a shame.

I hope all this shit will eventually be reversed because if this is a sign of things to come, we might end up with the blockchain, but without new cryptocurrencies/ICOs. I hate all the scams going around but some of these moves are over the top. This type of thing by Google may be too much for this infant industry to handle. This really sucks.

You can just Google this topic to find many sources, but here is a good write up to get you started:
https://medium.com/@Michael_Spencer/google-will-ban-crypto-ads-and-it-will-kill-icos-as-we-know-them-e0cb714f8d45

And the direct article from cointelegraph:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/google-to-ban-all-crypto-related-ads-starting-june-2018

So yeah, this could be a pretty rough entire year for crypto...not with a bull run in site. I, like many of you, wish for nothing but a turn around and optimistic future for the crypto space. I am not trying to spread fud, or create panic, I am only trying to make people aware of the news.

Possibly benefits of these bans:

- Reduction of scammy ICOs
- Reduction of paid phishing scam site ads on Google
- Increase in bounty pay for social media sites
- increase in quality crypto related content, products and services
The report has already been confirmed. Twitter in going to ban all crypto related ads following Google and Facebook in this decision. Google will take actions upon ads related to crypto currencies and ICO in the start of June month.

We have already seen quite big crash in the market recently due to these social media banning crypto news and due to governments of countries trying to break down on ICO’s and trying to regulate them. According to me its great that crypto ads are being banned, now people will invest in established and well know crypto assets rather than entering ICO’s and new projects.
This seems like a double edged sword to me. On one hand, the bad news is affecting the market in a bad way. On the other hand, popular cryptocurrencies will receive more attention as you said which is a good thing. I feel that this move is actually worth it since this should help the entire crypto market in the long run which is why I am not sad about these new changes by Google, Twitter etc. Some people might feel like dumping all their assets since they fear such big companies, but this will not slow down crypto in the long run and Bitcoin has proved this time and time again.
Activity: 244
Merit: 20
I agree with the opinion that Google and other organizations are not against cryptocurrency but against financial fraud connected with them. After I'm sure that after these steps, the quality of crypto content in social networks and the media as a whole will improve much.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 502
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Well it looks like more great news for all of us (rolls eyes)...

In a new, unconfirmed report, Twitter will ban all crypto related ads in 2 weeks. This coming on the wake of Facebook banning crypto related ads.

Read more here: https://www.coindesk.com/twitter-will-ban-cryptocurrency-ads-in-two-weeks-says-report/

Also, it appears in June of this year that Google will change it's policy regarding financial services ads, and that means a ban on crypto related ads. This is going to absolutely tear the market to shreds even more than it is now. What a shame.

I hope all this shit will eventually be reversed because if this is a sign of things to come, we might end up with the blockchain, but without new cryptocurrencies/ICOs. I hate all the scams going around but some of these moves are over the top. This type of thing by Google may be too much for this infant industry to handle. This really sucks.

You can just Google this topic to find many sources, but here is a good write up to get you started:
https://medium.com/@Michael_Spencer/google-will-ban-crypto-ads-and-it-will-kill-icos-as-we-know-them-e0cb714f8d45

And the direct article from cointelegraph:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/google-to-ban-all-crypto-related-ads-starting-june-2018

So yeah, this could be a pretty rough entire year for crypto...not with a bull run in site. I, like many of you, wish for nothing but a turn around and optimistic future for the crypto space. I am not trying to spread fud, or create panic, I am only trying to make people aware of the news.

Possibly benefits of these bans:

- Reduction of scammy ICOs
- Reduction of paid phishing scam site ads on Google
- Increase in bounty pay for social media sites
- increase in quality crypto related content, products and services
The report has already been confirmed. Twitter in going to ban all crypto related ads following Google and Facebook in this decision. Google will take actions upon ads related to crypto currencies and ICO in the start of June month.

We have already seen quite big crash in the market recently due to these social media banning crypto news and due to governments of countries trying to break down on ICO’s and trying to regulate them. According to me its great that crypto ads are being banned, now people will invest in established and well know crypto assets rather than entering ICO’s and new projects.
Activity: 140
Merit: 14
I'm tired of seeing my Twitter feed filled with ICO advertising, glad that will be over soon.

Google should've done that years ago, top ads for wallets, exchanges and other crypto related website searches were phishing, millions were lost because of these.

These major companies have their own benefits that they can not hide because of their current moves.
I don't know exactly what benefits they are getting because of their bans but it is for sure very good when they are baning the coins from their platforms.
I personally also am not happy with their moves because every investor can decide for himself if he wants to choose some project or not.
Activity: 173
Merit: 4
Social media sites imposed control over crypto currency ads to protect people from scams and the use of media to spread projects that will not help people as well as the economy to grow. Though this is a good thing to consider but this also make the crypto popularity decreases and might affect the current demand and market status.
Activity: 203
Merit: 101
this is why I believe in projects like Algebraix. These platforms have been using our user data for far too long and they want to turn around and take down crypto. I do see the benefits of reducing scams, but it just sucks that they're blanketing the whole industry.
Activity: 224
Twitter and Google war against crypto it just starts , this is a very bad news for the bounty participants
Activity: 341
This is all due to fraudulent ICOs. At current time 9 out of 10 ICOs are total scam. They do a fundraising and spend nothing on anything except for roaming around and spending in useless things. And it's a good move from social sites to block those ads until we have regulations of the ICOs.

Not all ICOs are the same. We are working on solving a real global issues such as performing novel biomerical research for developing a cost effective cure solution for AIDS, allowing access to the therapy where access to traditional costly HIV therapies is restricted by social and/or economic limitations.  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32512837

Activity: 196
Merit: 22
Las Vegas
It would be nice if we had some solid crypto TV shows to watch. I mean that would ad a new advertising stream, but also reach millions of additional people. I would watch a news show on crypto if it was live at 5pm alongside all the other major newcasts. It may sound crazy, but it could happen.
Activity: 144
facebook banned ads related to crypto however i still see some facebook projects on my facebook. I think removing all the ads that link to crypto is the best.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Sad news cause except Bitcointalk and Reddit the main crypto party is going on Twitter. A lot of people participate in airdrops in Twitter. Hope they won't lose anything.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
These actions of course will greatly reduce the number of scams, but still it will not solve the problem. But the fact that this will have an extremely negative impact on the cryptocurrency market is a fact.

Why do you think they'll have an extremely negative impact on the current market?

If I was someone brand new to cryptos, and looking to invest in something, I'd be happy to hear that major companies (that I normally see ads on) are cracking down on scams. It's very unlikely that the average person, or new-to-crypto investor, would drop money on some ICO-sponsored ad on Facebook or Twitter.

I could be way off here, but I think this helps deter the malicious noise in the industry and clears a way for actual ICOs and established altcoins to prosper. There might very well be some initial backlash since the market is so speculative in nature, but I imagine within a quarter, we'll see a new wave of investors who now feel safer about investing due to a lot of the scams being hamstrung by the reduction of major advertising avenues.

Bottom line is that any altcoin or ICO that has found a solution to a real problem will largely not be affected by this as their growth would not be coming through the few people who click on sponsored ads and wind up investing VIA Facebook. Any ICO that hasn't done anything except apply "blockchain" to a random industry will probably suffer, but they probably wouldn't have ever gone live with any Proof Of Concept product anyways.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 500
These actions of course will greatly reduce the number of scams, but still it will not solve the problem. But the fact that this will have an extremely negative impact on the cryptocurrency market is a fact.
Activity: 140

While I agree with this, I hope that Facebook, Twitter, and Google, all reverse these policies once we have some decent regulating bodies in place that can actually prevent all the fraudulent bullshit going on right now. The combination of those scams plus the bans is just a massive blow to the industry and we are all feeling the pain very heavily.

That's right. Those platforms are really major points where people can actually market and advertise things about cryptocurrency related projects, and that really helps in keeping the market afloat. Many people are already having bad ideas with what's happening in the market now, and if it will continue, the deterioration of support could really affect the market big time by way of decreasing usage rates of many coins, and in turn, might affect their values. The people traffic you can market your products and concepts through those platforms are quite significant that it could really be a game changer for the market.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
I suppose they decided not to spend money on crypto education and they just want to avoid scandals letting people to advertise scams.
Activity: 296
Merit: 12
This was a great read called "will data privacy be the death of facebook?" I think this is a very valid point for the world of advertising which is primarily dominated by google and facebook. the next wave is decentralization and control.

https://medium.com/algebraix-data/will-data-privacy-be-the-death-of-facebook-3adb383a9aae?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_feed%3BMOyTuqulRDudWd14ZsI9yw%3D%3D
Pages:
Jump to: