Pages:
Author

Topic: Two stage performance tuning for S9 / S9i (include version for immersion cooling - page 3. (Read 2730 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 4
10 minute resets confirmed by other testers too.

Feedback (does not mean 100% right):
1) "S9 works, but every 10 minutes it climbs to check the devfee pools. Pools are disabled, so every 10 minutes the ASIC is rebooted with this firmware."
2) "Loaded into S9, worked 10 minutes and fell off the pool, connected again to the pool worked again 10 minutes and again fell off.
Happens and works on the pool for 30 minutes, then did not check."
3) "One of the S9 with firmware 6b goes into reboot every 10 minutes."
Hello!
Please send the results of the Kernel Log page. it seems like a reduction in the frequency for individual chips, tomorrow I will make a new version

Hi developer

Tested on 3 different versions of S9
Results:
1)S9 13.5T resets (every 10 minutes)
2)S9i resets (every 10 minutes)
3)But one old S9 is OK

Kernel logs are here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNwsEYWIidwgeJDG3-vG0ZqYYbX5A

Thank you for your work
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I tested and result is good, except without "Auto Fan" - "Auto Reload Page" - "Auto Reboot when Hashrate if Low" features.. Can you add this features? it would be the best S9 firmware ever I quess Smiley

I can return the auto fan, but the temperature will be higher. This is how the standard firmware behaves by default, constantly changing the speed of the fans, after the asic warms up.
Could you please explain is it Ok when S9 miner is reset about every 10mins when auto-tune is disabled?
How to avoid it? Any suggestions?

Hello!
Please send the results of the Kernel Log page. it seems like a reduction in the frequency for individual chips, tomorrow I will make a new version
Hi developer,

Could you please explain is it Ok when S9 miner is reset about every 10mins when auto-tune is disabled?
How to avoid it? Any suggestions?

Thank you.
I have problem with your firmware.
My antminer constantly restarting, even on default settings. (650 mhz frequency, 880 voltage).
I have turned off auto tuning.
With original firmware - no restarts. Could you explain what is wrong?
Activity: 133
Merit: 15
~ Fortuna Favet Fortibus ~
I tested and result is good, except without "Auto Fan" - "Auto Reload Page" - "Auto Reboot when Hashrate if Low" features.. Can you add this features? it would be the best S9 firmware ever I quess Smiley
Confirm.
It will be good to have the option to choose fan % or Auto. Smiley
I have tried the v6b..........the fans remain on 100% and dont auto increase or decrease.

Is there any way to enable autofan or fixed to a specific speed.

FAN PWM: 0
read_temp_func Done!

Thanks..

since the main purpose of the firmware is overclocking, to reduce the risk of overheating, the fans are forcibly set to 100%
Activity: 17
I have tried the v6b..........the fans remain on 100% and dont auto increase or decrease.

Is there any way to enable autofan or fixed to a specific speed.

FAN PWM: 0
read_temp_func Done!

Thanks..
Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Actually you are the incorrect one here. There are many temperature sensors not used on the board because they are part of each hashing chip. Speaking on technical things you dont understand just makes you look a bit silly.

They are used.... cpu temp in miner stats is the average of all individual chips on each hasboard.
Activity: 294
Merit: 129
You know how dumb that is. There are not unused sensors. You think you can just program a sensor and it magically appears on the hashboards this is just funny...

Actually you are the incorrect one here. There are many temperature sensors not used on the board because they are part of each hashing chip. Speaking on technical things you dont understand just makes you look a bit silly.
Could you also add v6b with no check fan?

ready:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lLeA3DCAOpyJUBi1zIBe2fslFto7_ckt

But remember that this version is only for immersion cooling!  Cool
Could you also add v6b with no check fan?
I left the autotune alone for over 8 hours.
Then I disabled autotune and rebooted the miners. It took less than a minute to get back on.
However, the two pools still appear to be dead. Only ViaBTC pool is alive.

Thanks for testing, a rare error was fixed - the pool was not activated

new version (6b) here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YQavbX5RV7zqco4KKJAqPLmv1-N-CQgr
Activity: 2
I left the autotune alone for over 8 hours.
Then I disabled autotune and rebooted the miners. It took less than a minute to get back on.
However, the two pools still appear to be dead. Only ViaBTC pool is alive.
Currently testing the firmware and it seems to do what it's supposed to do after a few PSU trips during autotuning.
However, 2 pools does not seem to get registered and always show as "dead". On default bitmain firmware, they all work fine.
Are you able to figure out what could be the issue?

stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333- Dead
stratum+tcp://sha256.hk.nicehash.com:3334- Dead

Thank you for testing! To understand what is the matter, specify: 1) did you try to restart, after the completion of auto-tuning 2) how long did it take after rebooting?

I did not check this combination of pools, until it is clear what the problem may be
Activity: 2
Currently testing the firmware and it seems to do what it's supposed to do after a few PSU trips during autotuning.
However, 2 pools does not seem to get registered and always show as "dead". On default bitmain firmware, they all work fine.
Are you able to figure out what could be the issue?

stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333- Dead
stratum+tcp://sha256.hk.nicehash.com:3334- Dead
Activity: 12
You realize the GPL license is what requires the blissz firmware for the L3 and D3 to have their thread closed.

This is thread is funny, why are you trolling this guy in his own thread? have you even tried his firmware? I wanna try this firmware just hoping someone else would first... lol
Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
I understand you're just jealous liar, I will not answer you
Goodbye  Wink

You realize the GPL license is what requires the blissz firmware for the L3 and D3 to have their thread closed.
Pages:
Jump to: