Pages:
Author

Topic: Two stage performance tuning for S9 / S9i (include version for immersion cooling - page 4. (Read 2730 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Go to the russian forums hell they can even be found on youtube lol.

Anyways... Please release the source code as you are violating the GPL license of cgminer/bmminer.

I understand you're just jealous liar, I will not answer you
Goodbye  Wink
Activity: 801
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
No, I wrote my code, much better.

If you stopped flooding and discussed the firmware that did not install and did not test, then maybe you could also develop something useful  Grin

You did not install my firmware, did not check its capabilities, why do you continue to discuss it? What is your problem?

And please send a link to the source code, where for each board the optimal frequency and voltage is selected. And then the frequencies for the chips are selected.

If you do not send, I'll start to think that you're just an envious liar  Undecided

Go to the russian forums hell they can even be found on youtube lol.

Anyways... Please release the source code as you are violating the GPL license of cgminer/bmminer.
You mean you uncommented it since from bitmaintools git they have it commented out....

What the heck is flooding?

You realize many people have done that check the russian subforums.

No, I wrote my code, much better.

If you stopped flooding and discussed the firmware that did not install and did not test, then maybe you could also develop something useful  Grin

You did not install my firmware, did not check its capabilities, why do you continue to discuss it? What is your problem?

And please send a link to the source code, where for each board the optimal frequency and voltage is selected. And then the frequencies for the chips are selected.

If you do not send, I'll start to think that you're just an envious liar  Undecided
Does your version of bmminer show temperatures on all types of sensors? No? Go work, stop flooding in other people's topics

Or try to make auto tuning on the boards, and then on the chips, choosing the optimal frequency for everyone.

You mean you uncommented it since from bitmaintools git they have it commented out....

What the heck is flooding?

You realize many people have done that check the russian subforums.
Does your version of bmminer show temperatures on all types of sensors? No? Go work, stop flooding in other people's topics

Or try to make auto tuning on the boards, and then on the chips, choosing the optimal frequency for everyone.
I do not have and will not have a firmware version for T9 for one reason: I do not have my T9 to test it, and without testing I will not post. Although the technical firmware for T9 and S9 is one and the same.

"Hashboard do not report temps but will still mine. Possible good and bad. If you have a hashboard with no temp reading it may work just fine with this mod. The miner will still stop mining if it overheats."

Instead of wasting time writing stupid messages in my topic, it's best to figure out how to do the firmware (and not just compile cgminer) and how to read the temperature on new devices. And yes, if you do not know how to read the temperature on new sensors, how will the process stop if the chips overheat  Huh ?

My firmware reads the temperature from different sensors, and not only from those that were in the source code from bitmain

Where did I say that in your thread?

You just stated I compiled cgminer... No... hahahaha. bmminer is the thing your tweaking which you should know since all the modifications you did are done in bmminer. Honestly it looks like you just cloned a repo and compiled as a firmware after adding a dev fee.

Also since you clearly don't know what your doing you said...

My firmware reads the temperature from different sensors, and not only from those that were in the source code from bitmain

You know how dumb that is. There are not unused sensors. You think you can just program a sensor and it magically appears on the hashboards this is just funny...

And yes, if you do not know how to read the temperature on new sensors, how will the process stop if the chips overheat  Huh ?

Thermal Throttling still works if you actually read over the stock source code as there is still the pcb temp and the chip temp of surrounding boards.

The reason sometimes it doesn't report temp is because the pic is controlled over a serial bus rather than an interrupt driver being polled. If the thread reading is busy it misses the data and doesn't read the temp. or if too many threads they overwrite. The same interface is used to control frequency and voltage.
Because someone wrote about it in your topic in reference to yours so I responded to him... Just read the thread no reason to ask how x came up when it's right infront of you.

I do not have and will not have a firmware version for T9 for one reason: I do not have my T9 to test it, and without testing I will not post. Although the technical firmware for T9 and S9 is one and the same.

"Hashboard do not report temps but will still mine. Possible good and bad. If you have a hashboard with no temp reading it may work just fine with this mod. The miner will still stop mining if it overheats."

Instead of wasting time writing stupid messages in my topic, it's best to figure out how to do the firmware (and not just compile cgminer) and how to read the temperature on new devices. And yes, if you do not know how to read the temperature on new sensors, how will the process stop if the chips overheat  Huh ?

it's all interesting, but why write this in my topic? The first version I developed in May, and here I published it in late July, because I tested and corrected it. I think the moderator will remove this off topi

Because someone wrote about it in your topic in reference to yours so I responded to him... Just read the thread no reason to ask how x came up when it's right infront of you.
it's all interesting, but why write this in my topic? The first version I developed in May, and here I published it in late July, because I tested and corrected it. I think the moderator will remove this off topi
I speak only for my version, since I personally updated more than 200 s9 and there were no problems that can not be solved. How do other firmware I do not know

Someone flashed a firmware meant for s9 and t9 on their t9 and it bricked their t9. the dev then said they never tested it and used it for marketing since they took a dev fee which is retarded.
No you can't If it gets bricked on a firmware version it's a bitch to flash the pic on the hashboard.

I speak only for my version, since I personally updated more than 200 s9 and there were no problems that can not be solved. How do other firmware I do not know
I have heard about one guy who installed a S9 custom firmware, and after that was not able to return to original one. But, may be it was his fail or wrong settings.

Yeah we are trying to help that fella in my thread.

You can always go back to the factory settings, if you have questions, i will help  Wink

No you can't If it gets bricked on a firmware version it's a bitch to flash the pic on the hashboard.
You can always go back to the factory settings, if you have questions, i will help  Wink
Activity: 29
Merit: 4
I have heard about one guy who installed a S9 custom firmware, and after that was not able to return to original one. But, may be it was his fail or wrong settings.
Do we have the brave man?
 Who will check this firmware and share with us if everything is OK. Wink

Oh, it's too big a risk - to install the firmware for one s9 and if you do not like it, then remove it  Grin
Do we have the brave man?
 Who will check this firmware and share with us if everything is OK. Wink
autotune results:
https://imgur.com/a/TkE7Lc2
https://imgur.com/GwruZGu
https://imgur.com/Y0JTLvd

1) After the first stage of the tuning, the frequencies of 762 were selected for boards with different voltages from 0.88 to 0.9

2) At the second stage for three chips was the frequency decrease from 762 to 756 and 731

As a result, the performance 16.4 TH on a standard power supply
OK. Could you just provide screen shorts of your miner setting and log tabs.
Thanks.
Hello,

Could your provide screen-shorts? Images?
Do you have a "name" for your firmware?
Version number?
The list of features?
Any dev. fee?

Thank you

Screen from the pool, where some of the devices on this firmware are running

I'm a developer, not a marketer, I'm currently working on firmware for D3, and there's no time to come up with names Smiley

My internal version number 6a.

main feature: the maximum hash rate with minimum consumption and the number of hardware errors

without dev fee, but if you need any special improvements, it is for the payment

How to add a screenshot on the forum?
Pages:
Jump to: