Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Miner - Windows/Linux, x86/x64, SSE2/OpenCL, Open Source - page 38. (Read 630787 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
tested on a dual quad intel and im getting about 18Mhash/s Smiley

rock on !
tested on a quad core E5335 2.0GHz and i get about 9 MHash/s
hi all, just tested this on a Intel E6850 Dual Core clocked to 3.0GHz and i'm getting on average about 6.77 MHash/s

Much improved over the older version Smiley going to try this on a variety of xeons now and see what i get
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Thanks for this client! 2MHash faster compared to rpc cpu/4way
If you are still working on this, are there plans for adding some stats to see?
Such as stales/efficiency maybe? I use poclbm-mod for my gpu's and like the information it presents. (as an example)
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
glad its not just me then!

I think the best way to do it probably to create a temporary library to compile it, like you say using chroot. I found some info on doing that, but I've not had time to play about with it. The other option I may go with is just to create a bootable usb stick running 10.10 64-bit and just use that for mining when I'm not at the machine - obviously I'd have to reboot every time I want to do anything else.. but maybe thats healthy anyway lol

If I do get it all working in 10.04, I'll post here.. probs won't be for a week or 2 though as I'm busy with other stuff Smiley
Activity: 40
Ok, thanks for the quick reply Smiley - I'm hoping that I can get better performance from your miner, as others I've tried don't seem to get near the 1000 clocks per hash that you seem to achieve.

I'll just build a copy of 4.5 from source and run it separately. If anyone else is interested in steps to compile under older versions of Ubuntu (eg, 10.04), I'll write them after I've got it running.

EDIT: Building gcc 4.5 from source on 10.04 is actually a huge pain - has a few dependencies which are not in the repositories. I don't wanna break my install right now so I will have another go when I've got more time!

Yeah, I am very interested to use an earlier gcc version.
After several pain days of trying to compile it on an older gcc version I just quit. I also was looking for compiling a static version so as to be able to run it on any system, but it seems the dependencies on the experimental glibc make it a real pain to do that.

Please post if you mange to compile the code on an older ubuntu dynamic or static... thanks.

PS: another option to explore for running it on an older ubuntu with non experimental gcc libs can be using dbootstrap and chroot.
Ok, thanks for the quick reply Smiley - I'm hoping that I can get better performance from your miner, as others I've tried don't seem to get near the 1000 clocks per hash that you seem to achieve.

I'll just build a copy of 4.5 from source and run it separately. If anyone else is interested in steps to compile under older versions of Ubuntu (eg, 10.04), I'll write them after I've got it running.

EDIT: Building gcc 4.5 from source on 10.04 is actually a huge pain - has a few dependencies which are not in the repositories. I don't wanna break my install right now so I will have another go when I've got more time!

Activity: 404
Merit: 251
Is there any way to compile this miner using gcc 4.4, instead of 4.5 or above?

I'd like to avoid having to install gcc 4.5 if possible - everything on my system is stable and I'd rather not use an experimental library if possible.

I'm using new useful C++0x features:
nullptr, scoped enums...
They still can be emulated on old compilers, but I have not time to test the software with all compilers.

VC2010 and latest GCC are mainstream.
Is there any way to compile this miner using gcc 4.4, instead of 4.5 or above?

I'd like to avoid having to install gcc 4.5 if possible - everything on my system is stable and I'd rather not use an experimental library if possible.

Thanks for any help Smiley
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
yes but I use GUIMiner to start the miner..
Activity: 404
Merit: 251
Is there a flag to set the priority/aggression? This would allow to set-up a second (backup) miner in case the first one has connection issues..

Windows CMD shell has such flag:
Code:
start /belownormal bitcoin-miner.exe...
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
First, thanks for developing this miner. Runs good on all my Intel CPUs.

Is there a flag to set the priority/aggression? This would allow to set-up a second (backup) miner in case the first one has connection issues..

Cheers
End
Activity: 4
Just want to say thanks for having this CPU miner available.  The other CPU miner that had SSE optimization was good and all but it made my system very unresponsive, even though it churns out 450KH/s at best.  This one plays very nicely on my lowly laptop while I'm away from my gaming rig.  It's fast and everything doesn't feel "slow" when multi-tasking or doing other things.  Thanks for making this miner.  When I have saved up enough coins, I am definitely going to send some your way.
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
Hey, Diablo-D3, this needs moved!
Activity: 33
Merit: 1
i use this program, and it works great, minimalistic and simple to use

but im not sure if are optimized for cuda or openCL on a nvidia, i tryed to use other miners, but in windows server 2003 standard x64 edition  is the only miners that work ( fresh format with no add-on or other program installed )

Activity: 914
try another pool plz...

maybe the pool your're trying doesnt support cpu mining

and let me now how much Mhash

it's not the pool. i can run rpcminer-cpu without any issues on the same pool, and rpcminer-cpu also runs on all 24-cores without issue.

i can get about 23 Mhash/sec using rpcminer-cpu, and i'd like to try Ufasoft miner as it should get even better numbers due to SSE2 support.
Activity: 262
Dubs Get
try another pool plz...

maybe the pool your're trying doesnt support cpu mining

and let me now how much Mhash
Activity: 914
btw, do you have absolutely sure that your xeon is 24 cores?

O.o

try it without the -g and -t and it will work

i tried without those options and it still gave the same error.

... and yes, a quad CPU E7450 (hex-core) system == 24 physical cores.  Wink

Code:
bitcoin-miner.exe -o URL -u USER.WORKER -p PASSWORD

bitcoin-miner 0.13  Copyright (c) 2011 Ufasoft  http://ufasoft.com/open/bitcoin
Mining for http://api.bitcoin.cz:8332
24 threads      Using SSE2
0 MHash/s     Error 80190197
Dubs Get
btw, do you have absolutely sure that your xeon is 24 cores?

O.o

try it without the -g and -t and it will work
Dubs Get
try it without the -g option... if doesnt work, try it without boh -g and -t option
Pages:
Jump to: