Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Miner - Windows/Linux, x86/x64, SSE2/OpenCL, Open Source - page 44. (Read 630787 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Yeah, I've been searching around for programs like that. The problem with Screen Launcher is that, as far as I know, the actual miner becomes the screensaver. I want the miner to be invisible in the background while the computer is idle.
If you are into coding, you might want to check out the Task Scheduler...

Actually, I AM into coding... and last night I coded a C# app that fits my needs. I can post it here if someone else wants it.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100

Thanks, now it compiles with no problem. But it doesn't mine: just shows I have 0 MHash/s.

Stracing this process doesn't help. I'm using 32-bit Ubuntu 10.04 (yes, I should have installed 64bit-version, but I did not and I'm a bit lazy now), my CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9550  @ 2.66GHz

hehe yes i goggled it along with the installation "procedure" but now i am getting what you are getting 0 mhash/s

and i have posted a brief steps to be included in the install file Smiley

i think googling wont solve the 0 mhash/s ?! would it ?
Hello

I am trying to compile your Linux source

It says I'm missing JWASM

Can't find it on apt, and i have found several implementations of the asm interpreter,  I was wondering which version you use?

Any update about the missing jwasm error ?

checking for g++... /usr/bin/g++
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for jwasm... no
configure: error: Cannot find jwasm.

OK I found the solution for the Liinux uswrs.. at least i did it on ubuntu natty and it is running great now .. and i bielive if it run on natty then it will run on any other Linux Cheesy (natty is very naughty)

1) download the JWasm from here http://www.japheth.de/JWasm.html

2) extract the package.

3) from teh jwasm directory

sudo aptitude install gcc-4.5
sudo aptitude install g++-4.5
sudo cp JWASM /usr/bin/jwasm
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/jwasm
sudo aptitude install libpcre++-dev
sudo aptitude install libcurl4-dev

4) download the ufasoft and extract it

5) from the ufasoft directory

sudo CC=gcc-4.5 CXX=g++-4.5 ./configure && sudo make && sudo make install

I think this should be sticky or included in the first post or at least included in your install file. Smiley

but now the problem is it only gives 0 mhash/s !

Thanks in advance again ufasoft
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Yeah, I've been searching around for programs like that. The problem with Screen Launcher is that, as far as I know, the actual miner becomes the screensaver. I want the miner to be invisible in the background while the computer is idle.
If you are into coding, you might want to check out the Task Scheduler...
Activity: 8
Hello

Can't find it on apt, and i have found several implementations of the asm interpreter,  I was wondering which version you use?

checking for jwasm... no

May be you should install JWASM? Try googling it. I've succeeded in doing that =)
Hello

checking for jwasm... no

Activity: 8

Thanks, now it compiles with no problem. But it doesn't mine: just shows I have 0 MHash/s.

Stracing this process doesn't help. I'm using 32-bit Ubuntu 10.04 (yes, I should have installed 64bit-version, but I did not and I'm a bit lazy now), my CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9550  @ 2.66GHz
Does anyone know how i can configure a computer to run this miner only when the computer is otherwise idle? (and stop mining when computer is being used)
Would i have to compile the miner into a .scr or are there better ways?
This is for windows btw.
There are several screensavers that trigger applications, for example Screen Launcher.
I haven't tried any of them yet, though...
Also, i just upgraded my miner from 0.6 to 0.10 and my rate went from 60-70 mhash/s to 130-140 mhash/s, nice work there ufasoft...

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Hold on a second, am I reading this right? You're getting 130-140 mhash/s from a CPU?
No, most of that's my HD 5770 Grin
From my i5 750 I get ~12.6 mhash/s

Oh ok, now that makes more sense. You had me confused there for a second.
Hold on a second, am I reading this right? You're getting 130-140 mhash/s from a CPU?
No, most of that's my HD 5770 Grin
From my i5 750 I get ~12.6 mhash/s
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Does anyone know how i can configure a computer to run this miner only when the computer is otherwise idle? (and stop mining when computer is being used)
This is for windows btw.
There are several screensavers that trigger applications, for example Screen Launcher.
Also, i just upgraded my miner from 0.6 to 0.10 and my rate went from 60-70 mhash/s to 130-140 mhash/s, nice work there ufasoft...

This is for windows btw.
This is for windows btw.

Go into Task Manager and set the process to Below Normal priority.

No, i actually want to start the application (read: process) when the computer has been idle for 5 minutes. And end the process when someone starts to use the computer.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
This is for windows btw.

Go into Task Manager and set the process to Below Normal priority.
This is for windows btw.
Activity: 362
Code:
jwasm -DX64=1 -10 -elf64 -zcw -c -Fosha256sse.o sha256sse.asm
JWasm v2.05, Mar  2 2011, Masm-compatible assembler.
Portions Copyright (c) 1992-2002 Sybase, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Source code is available under the Sybase Open Watcom Public License.

sha256sse.asm(48) : Error A2091: Language type must be specified
sha256sse.asm(314) : Error A2142: Unmatched block nesting: CalcSha256Sse
sha256sse.asm: 316 lines, 1 passes, 0 ms, 0 warnings, 2 errors
make: *** [sha256sse.o] Error 1

Update: same error with jwasm and fix. Tried to apply it with this miner and I haven't success.

Update 2: The trouble is only for 64 bit OS.

Update 3: I read this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.102211 and change

Code:
IF X64
ELSE
OPTION LANGUAGE: C
.XMM
ENDIF

to this

Code:
OPTION LANGUAGE: C
.XMM

All compiles fine. CC="gcc-4.5.2" CXX="g++-4.5.2" ./configure

You don''t need to compile 64 bit jwasm. 32 bit official binary can build 64 bit binaries too. I build 64-bit jwasm and got:

Code:
g++-4.5.2 -std=c++0x -funsigned-char -fno-stack-protector -Wno-invalid-offsetof -I . -I el/inc -g -O2   -o bitcoin-miner bitcoin-miner.o bitcoin-client.o bitcoin-sha256.o bitcoin-sha256-x86x64.o sha256sse.o sha256x86.o ext-text.o ext-protocols.o ext-handlers.o ext-encoding.o threader.o regex.o ext-file.o ext-fw.o datetime.o ext-base.o ext-os.o ext-app.o ext-string.o ext-blob.o ext-stream.o ext-core.o http.o stack-trace.o  -lrt -ldl -lcurl -lpthread -lpcre
sha256sse.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: выпoлнeниe ld зaвepшилocь c кoдoм вoзвpaтa 1
make: *** [bitcoin-miner] Oшибкa 1
zenitur@athlon64x2 ~/Downloads/ufasoft_bitcoin-miner-0.10.tar/ufasoft_bitcoin-miner-0.10 $ file sha256sse.o
sha256sse.o: ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, x86-64, invalid version, corrupted section header size
Activity: 361
I want to compile it by myself for windows but I am a coding beginner. I think I can not use the linux source without modifications ? Is the windows source available too?
Really sources are common for both Windows and Linux, but compilation under VS 2010 requires additional libs:
pcre, and may be some other dependencies.

thank you for your answer. so do you compile it without modifications with an other compiler!?
Activity: 404
Merit: 251
I want to compile it by myself for windows but I am a coding beginner. I think I can not use the linux source without modifications ? Is the windows source available too?
Really sources are common for both Windows and Linux, but compilation under VS 2010 requires additional libs:
pcre, and may be some other dependencies.

Activity: 40

There are problems with -static building of application.
Without -static it will work only on system, where it was compiled.

what are the problems ?
you don't have the static libs to link with ?
Activity: 361
Pages:
Jump to: