Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 215: Johnson vs Borg Info and Prediction Thread - page 2. (Read 2050 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
This is my bet.

Demetrious Johnson (26-2-1) vs.  Ray Borg (11-2) (Flyweight Championship) --> K.O round 2 for Borg
 Amanda Nunes (14-4) vs.  Valentina Shevchenko (14-2) (Women's Bantamweight Championship)
I think Nuñez will win this fight. Nuñez is like a man. A knockout artist. So i will go for Nuñez for 1st round knock out
 Neil Magny (19-5) vs.  Rafael dos Anjos (26-9) (Welterweight)---> For Dos Anjos (unanimous)
 Ilir Latifi (12-5) vs.  Tyson Pedro (6-0) (Light Heavyweight)--> Pedro (unanimous)
 Jeremy Stephens (25-14) vs.  Gilbert Melendez (22-6) (Featherweight)-----> Melendez 2nd round

The main event will be a good fight. Johnson "the mighty mouse" is reigning for a long time. He should give way for the others.

Borg out

Going to have to get a prop bet on over under fights canceled.

Ouch!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Im not paying mch attention to this to be honest. I don't want to pull an all nighter too often anymore to watch fights live because it screws up my schelude. Im improving my health lately by going to bed earlier and screwing this up every weekend to go to bed at 7 in the morning to watch the fights always resets this. I will do an exception for GGG vs Canelo next week of course, but im not seeing this or putting any money on it. I will watch it somewhere the day after.

Oh and I just saw that Borg was out, so the card will probably suck now.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001
i went 0 for 6 last card and i think it could happen again i like alot of the dogs lol

all small plays tho nothing i really like

Amanda Nunes
Neil Magny
Tyson Pedro
Jeremy Stephens
Sara McMann
Wilson Reis
Rick Glenn
Mitch Clarke
Luis Henrique
Activity: 234
Merit: 101
Ilir Latifi vs Tyson Pedro

Odds for Latifi x85
on OneHash - https://www.onehash.com/event/mixed_martial_arts/ufc_fight_night/86693

What do you think?
legendary
Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020
Get Rekt
Borg out

Going to have to get a prop bet on over under fights canceled.

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
https://degenbet.com/ufc-215-johnson-vs-borg-nunes-vs-schevchenko-betting-picks/

Here is my write up for my RDA and Shev picks.

I might take some bets on the undercard when the odds come out.

Thanks for sharing.  I know RDA is better but isn't this is first bout in WW?  Don't you think the bookies are giving too much value for Magny?  I would appreciate your thoughts about that.

And as usual...  More vids to make you confused on who to bet on!  As krach would say, be sure to have already made your bets before watching these videos.  They're more for promotional purposes than for helping you figure out who the winners are.

UFC 215: Inside the Octagon - Johnson vs Borg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JLABSN_9Mk

UFC 215: Inside the Octagon - Nunes vs Shevchenko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2x2H0Om4rA

UFC 215 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8_Uw6Cx6s

UFC 215 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jER7eQKf0RY

UFC 215: Media Day Face-offs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4nHpxDxKQ

Enjoy.  Wink
legendary
Get Rekt
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Full odds are out. Numbers come courtesy of bestfightodds.com. (Wonder when we'll have a similar website for crypto books?)

More notes.

-Ketlen Vieira is a brazilian wrestling champion & decorated amateur wrestler. She may not be as famous a wrestler as olympic silver medalist Sara McMann but Vieira should be a good enough wrestler to not be completely dominated. Ketlen Vieira fights out of Nova Uniao, the gym Jose Aldo trains in. Her boxing and skills are very good & she's definitely the toughest opponent Sara McMann has faced in a long time.

-This will be Sara McMann's fight fight training out of team alpha male(gym). It will be interesting to see improvements she might have made.

-This will be Gilbert Melendez 2nd fight after testing positive for steroids. Some claim steroids have negative long term effects on cardio.

-Out of the 10 women who were on the Ultimate Fighter, Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate, reality show Sarah Moras is one of the 4 women who were on the show that is still fighting.
legendary
Get Rekt
https://degenbet.com/ufc-215-johnson-vs-borg-nunes-vs-schevchenko-betting-picks/

Here is my write up for my RDA and Shev picks.

I might take some bets on the undercard when the odds come out.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Hey guys, changed the original post to the one with more info.  That hopefully gets you up to speed and may it help you in making your wagers.

And finally we're here again to a proper event in the UFC.  But sometimes I feel like I'm still in a Conor McGregor hangover.  Didn't care much about sports in general after that.  Lol.  Grin  Anyway, here's the UFC Countdown video for the 215.  Enjoy!

UFC 215 Countdown: Full Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iijLchFuux4

legendary
Get Rekt
Schevschenko and RDS are my picks, lets see what the lines on the rest of the fights are later in the week.

legendary
There's no thread in this section for UFC Fight Night 115 Alexander Volkov vs Stefan Struve which is on september 2nd 2017, about 3 days from today.

If no one makes a thread, is it ok if I do it?   Huh

Also there have been multiple Dana White's Contender Series events on tuesdays. The last event of series 1 aired yesterday. Not certain yet if there will be a 2nd follow up series sometime in the future.
legendary
@joshy23. I read an article that Daniel Cormier is already planning his future, and the move to heavyweight is in the picture. He said that it will be easier for him because that is where his natural weight is. He is also mentally strong, I doubt the loss to Jon Jones would have destructive effect on him and his career.

There's footage floating around youtube of Daniel Cormier saying "he would never fight at 205 again" after he almost missed weight in his fight with Anthony Johnson in New York. That was the event where some criticized DC for holding onto the towel when he stood on the scale.

DC's last few weight cuts appear to have been extremely difficult for him & that's likely the reason he's thinking of moving up & fighting at heavyweight where he won't have to worry about dieting or a weight cut.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
@joshy23. I read an article that Daniel Cormier is already planning his future, and the move to heavyweight is in the picture. He said that it will be easier for him because that is where his natural weight is. He is also mentally strong, I doubt the loss to Jon Jones would have destructive effect on him and his career.

Yes, he is an Olympian and I don't think the lost to Jones will be a mental barrier for him. He his a total warrior and mentally strong. I'm sure he will be back. Heavyweight was the first division that he really competed in. I was surprise to find him in LHW, although it has something to do with Cain Velasquez being the champion at Heavyweight that time and he doesn't want to fight him as we all know that they are training partners.

I absolutely wanted him to fight in Heavyweight as I'm seeing that division as somewhat pretty weak right now. And he could probably reign their as well.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
Junior is out of UFC 215 because he was caught be USADA for using steroids once again according to MMA news sources. They are now trying to search for a new opponent for Francis Ngannou.

With a lack of clear choices for a replacement, who would like to see Daniel Cormier fight versus Francis Ngannou on October?

This is very damaging for Junior Dos Santos. I think he should be banned since this is not the first time that he was caught cheating. Brazilians are known for using steroids and too bad JDS was caught again. I don't know if DC will be ready by October though, I think the lost from Jones is still in his mind as of today.

More notes.

I think this will be Rafael Dos Anjos 2nd fight training out of Evolve MMA gym. RDA used to train at King's MMA under Rafael Cordeiro but left for reasons unknown.

Sarah Moras funded part of her training for this fight at gofundme.com. I think she's the first UFC fighter to do this, although Chris Camozzi asked for bitcoin donations to fund some of his previous training camps.

Sounds interesting. I haven't heard of it actually. Its this legal though? I mean asking for funds from others? I thought those guys/gals has some backing from other people when they enter the Octagon? I guess I'm wrong then.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
Junior is out of UFC 215 because he was caught be USADA for using steroids once again according to MMA news sources. They are now trying to search for a new opponent for Francis Ngannou.

With a lack of clear choices for a replacement, who would like to see Daniel Cormier fight versus Francis Ngannou on October?
legendary
More notes.

I think this will be Rafael Dos Anjos 2nd fight training out of Evolve MMA gym. RDA used to train at King's MMA under Rafael Cordeiro but left for reasons unknown.

Sarah Moras funded part of her training for this fight at gofundme.com. I think she's the first UFC fighter to do this, although Chris Camozzi asked for bitcoin donations to fund some of his previous training camps.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Ok my picks for this:

Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko: Shevnchenko wins ending Nunes win streak and late unstoppable confidence.

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg: Johnson wins. You can't crack that big alien skull, too strong. He doesn't have many KO's, but so doesn't have Ray, I think split decision for Johnson.

Dos Santos vs Ngannou: Ngannou is ready to retire Dos Santos. You can ever overlook Dos Santos but his prime is over and this Ngannou guy is slick.

I have no idea about the rest.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Dos Santos is clearly in it for whatever money he can scrounge from the UFC now.  He has no chance against getting a rematch with Miocic for the time being and it's doubtful he can beat Ngannou.  I guess it would be safe to say that he's just a gate keeper in the division now?

As for Nunes, hmmm...  Make it 2.25 and up and I'll put money on her.
Time has caught up it seems with jds though i'm.not counting him out just yet. If he loses this time then it would be safe to say that its over for him. Hoping for the best for him anyways as i've been a big fan of his from back in his heydays
Pages:
Jump to: