Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 215: Johnson vs Borg Info and Prediction Thread - page 3. (Read 2050 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Dos Santos is clearly in it for whatever money he can scrounge from the UFC now.  He has no chance against getting a rematch with Miocic for the time being and it's doubtful he can beat Ngannou.  I guess it would be safe to say that he's just a gate keeper in the division now?

As for Nunes, hmmm...  Make it 2.25 and up and I'll put money on her.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
Pretty stack up fights for me. Interesting to see Gilbert at 145 lbs. He is in a losing streak and he says that he has injury in his knees that requires him to be out of over a year. His opponent is no push over as well,. Its gonna be exciting to see this Stephens and Gilbert banging it up. I'm picking up Gilbert.

On the other hand, Junior dos Santos vs. Francis Ngannou, Francis is riding a winning streak as well, he last defeat Arlovski and he is taking another ex-champ here dos Santos. I think Junior dos Santos has seen better days. So I'm going with Francis this time.

Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko - Too much hype already on this one. Amanda pulling off in the last minute was not good for the fans. I think Valentina will be the favorite here. So I have her winning just for the heck on going on a 3rd fight.

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg - Borg is a solid young fighter, but I think Johnson has all the tools in his toolbox and will be able to take advantage of a somewhat limited fighter in Borg. Johnson is like Jones, have a hard time picking against them due to them being able to win in any style and proving time and time again that they’re the best in the business. Johnson easy picking.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
@krach. Yes, after what Amanda Nunes has shown in the her last UFC, Valentina will surely be the favorite this time. Odds for her right now is -109. I speculate that it will not get better than this.
legendary
Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020
Get Rekt
Schevschenko
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Amanda Nunes pulled out of the last scheduled fight with Valentina Shevchenko claiming her sinusitis was too bad for her to fight. I've never heard of sinusitis before Nunes mentioned it. Can't say if its a valid excuse for pulling out.

I think this will be Gilbert Melendez first attempt to fight in the 145 lb weight division.

Henry Cejudo and Wilson Reis being on the card could mean one of them will fight Demetrious Johnson for the title if Ray Borg is injured or pulls out. Sara McMann could also step in for either Amanda Nunes or Valentina Shevchenko if one of them is injured or unable to fight.

Many interesting match ups on this card.

Hey guys, this will be the thread for UFC 215.  The event will be on September 29, 2017 at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta.

Small correction: the event will be on September 9th not 29th.

UFC Fight Night Stefan Struve vs Alexander Vokov will also be on september 2nd.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Im looking forward to see the Amanda Nunes vs Valentina Shevchenko    fight. The last time, Amanda Nunes said that she was sick. Dana White didn't believe it, and he said she will not fight as main card or something like that. We will see what happens.

Also good to see Junior Dos Santos fight again, but The Predator is a very dangerous guy, he will go for the KO for sure.

Would like to see the winner of Johnson vs Borg in a big fight like vs Cody Garbrandt.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Date: Saturday, September 9th
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass): 22:15 BCT / 3:15pm PST / 6:15pm EST
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1): 00:00 BCT / 5pm PST / 8pm EST
Main Card (PPV): 2:00 BCT / 7pm PST / 10pm EST
Live Streams: http://firstrowus1.eu/

Main Card (PPV)

Demetrious Johnson (26-2-1) vs. Ray Borg (11-2) (Flyweight Championship)
Amanda Nunes (14-4) vs. Valentina Shevchenko (14-2) (Women's Bantamweight Championship)
Neil Magny (19-5) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (26-9) (Welterweight)
Ilir Latifi (12-5) vs. Tyson Pedro (6-0) (Light Heavyweight)
Jeremy Stephens (25-14) vs. Gilbert Melendez (22-6) (Featherweight)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Sara McMann (11-3) vs. Ketlen Vieira (8-0) (Women's Bantamweight)
Henry Cejudo (10-2) vs. Wilson Reis (22-7) (Flyweight)
Sarah Moras (4-2) vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith (5-2) (Women's Bantamweight)
Gavin Tucker (10-0) vs. Rick Glenn (19-4-1) (Featherweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Mitch Clarke (11-4) vs. Alex White (11-3) (Lightweight)
Luis Henrique (10-3) vs. Arjan Bhullar (6-0) (Heavyweight)
Kajan Johnson (21-11-1) vs. Adriano Martins (28-8) (Lightweight)

Other

- Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior dos Santos was expected to face Francis Ngannou, but on August 18 it was announced that he was pulled from the card after being notified by USADA of a potential doping violation. He was flagged after an out-of-competition drug test conducted August 10. Dos Santos tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide and his team is currently working on testing 2 supplements as a possible source for it. In turn, Ngannou was removed from the card after promotion officials deemed that a suitable opponent could not be arranged.

Thanks to the Puertorican for letting me use this content.
Pages:
Jump to: