Pages:
Author

Topic: [UK GROUP BUY] ASICMiner USB Block Erupters and Blades #6 - page 7. (Read 8327 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
OK so another big rise in difficulty, but on the other hand, more funds available. So do I order one of the 'old' blades, or wait for the 'new'? Or go for something else?

'New' may be a bit cheaper, but not available until perhaps next week. CanaryInTheMine expects his to arrive on Friday. Seems more robust using only one PCB. Has a golden finger connector at the base, but I don't think I'll be getting more than one.

'Old' available now. Overclockable. Has anyone here overclocked their board? Does it work as expected?

Or put the money towards more hashing power in the BitFury group buy where 5BTC would get ~25Gh/s, but not until the end of October, by which time difficulty will probably be double today's figure?

Today I'm leaning toward getting my hands on something ASAP...

Any thoughts?
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Welcome to my previous addition to my order Tongue.
Activity: 714
Merit: 601
Just a thought, do these blades need setting up out of the box, like making sure the voltage is correct?

No problems if it does, just wondering if i need to grab the multimeter out the car Smiley.

I'm not 100% sure on that, probably worth having one to hand just in case.
Just a thought, do these blades need setting up out of the box, like making sure the voltage is correct?

No problems if it does, just wondering if i need to grab the multimeter out the car Smiley.
Another blade please.

48825785d539774417bbef4358c5041880f885f59720fc1390becbcc8455d0aa

No problem Smiley
Another blade please.

48825785d539774417bbef4358c5041880f885f59720fc1390becbcc8455d0aa
What would the ETA on 3 blades to Dublin please ?

Hard to say, I'll probably receive them in 2-4 working days, then ship them on the same day - fingers crossed.

According to royal mail they can ship to Dublin within 24 hours but its at a premium (about 0.45 btc) drop me a PM if you're interested.
Activity: 140
What would the ETA on 3 blades to Dublin please ?
Another blade please.

BTC4.985

TXID: 06649e30a186d524147fd916600c16fb8906e5bdaf78f8d71e30c521d6eabe1b

@champsak & @bitwhizz your orders have been shipped, they will be with you by 1:00PM tomorrow Grin happy hashing!
Today a major delivery with old blades has arrived   Smiley

Very good to hear Grin
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
Today a major delivery with old blades has arrived   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
TX - 30 eruptors
 Please send tracking details
Are these ready to ship immediately or are we waiting for a shipment to from yxt?

The USBs are in stock and can go out the door today.

Yes, still waiting for a delivery from YXT. Last time I spoke with him he was still waiting on delivery for the blades - I believe they was waiting to leave customs, but I'll ask him for another update now.

I know he is fairly limited in stock, so...

if you want a blade you should hurry!
Activity: 229
Are these ready to ship immediately or are we waiting for a shipment to from yxt?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Any updates on the blades, yxt?  Difficulty isn't getting any lower (up to 86mil). Sad
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
You need BFGMiner 3.2.0 for the getwork server, so I think you'll probably have to .git and compile.  I'm a serious linux n00b too, so don't ask me how. Smiley
Activity: 329
Merit: 251
There's still some pools that work with getwork - Eligius and BTCGuild both still have getwork servers.  The stratum proxy is simple to run however.

I'm planning on running my Blade mining towards the stratum proxy running on my home server (it's on 24/7 so no big fuss there), and the backup pool on the Blade will be going towards either Eligius or BTCGuild's getwork server.

As for PSU, I'm currently running an old 30A 12V bench supply (the type used by HAM radio and CB Radio folks).  It's not very efficient (big old transformer), but it was free.  I'm currently running the fans and USB hub for the Block Erupters off it, and it's running at a little over 2A load.   The fan in it is on a thermostat, so it's starting and stopping every few minutes, which means I might end up going the ATX PSU route.

If you run Linux, you can also point the Blade to the getwork server built in to the latest version of BFGMiner - one program could run your USB sticks, Blade, GPUs, etc.

Thank you, I'll look into BFGminer then, hopefully there's a Get-App version that just installs lol
I'm not a Linux aficionado, it was just decent option to squeeze some life out of an old laptop - so far, so good.
(sold all my GPU's, too much heat, noise and hassle...)
Pages:
Jump to: