Pages:
Author

Topic: Ukraine rejects Russia Gazprom gas price hike - page 8. (Read 26464 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
^^^ I am not sure whether the South Stream project will ever be completed. Bulgaria has denied permission for the pipeline construction, and even if the Bulgarian government later changes their decision, the EU is sure to block it. The EU will not allow the construction of the pipeline, until the rival projects (Trans-Anatolian and TAP) are completed.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Ukraine's pipelines will loose 50% of value when South Stream starts - Naftogaz head
http://rt.com/business/176308-gas-pipeline-ukraine-cheaper/

The South Stream gas pipeline, which bypasses Ukraine, may halve the value of Ukraine’s gas transportation system (GTS), according to Andrey Kobolev the head of Ukraine’s Naftogaz.

After the Russian–led South Stream project is complete and working at full capacity, the value of Ukraine’s GTS may fall as much 50 percent from the present estimate of $25-$35 billion, RIA Novosti quotes the head of the company.

“We have no wish to lose it, and it’s unreasonable," Kobolev said on a Ukrainian local TV channel.

"Unreasonable"? It's called business.

But it illustrates why Biden senior is desperate to stop South Stream so that his son, Biden junior would still profit in Ukraine.
legendary
Meanwhile the news is pouring in as expected.

Ukrainian PM orders govt: ‘Prepare to stop Russian gas imports’

http://rt.com/business/165764-ukraine-stop-russia-gas/
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
It helped Russia out of their own economic and financial interests just like the US tries to destroy the Russian oil and gas exports... Roll Eyes

If Germany were exporting gas and oil, would they help Russia then? Cool

The Americans asked them not to participate in the Nord Stream, and to concentrate in the Nabucco pipeline instead. The Germans told them to GTFO. The Nabucco pipeline is now abandoned, together with the American wet dreams for a natural gas monopoly in the Europe

It just means that Germany's interests outweighed possible negative consequences from going against the US. And the US can't push it too far as did England at the time, which was the prime driving force behind the Treaty of Versailles. The result is well known... Cool
legendary
It helped Russia out of their own economic and financial interests just like the US tries to destroy the Russian oil and gas exports... Roll Eyes

The Americans asked them not to participate in the Nord Stream, and to concentrate in the Nabucco pipeline instead. The Germans told them to GTFO. The Nabucco pipeline is now abandoned, together with the American wet dreams for a natural gas monopoly in the Europe.

USA have much power in some EU countries (Poland, UK, Spain...),
and EU doesn't have their own foreign Policy but what USA says is ''amen'' to EU

That is the real problem. No use in blaming Germany or France for it.
legendary
This would be a misnomer... The USA is also a reliable trade partner of Russia (over 3% of all foreign trade in 2013), but would you call it Russia's friend? Cool

I called Germany as a friend of Russia, as it helped Russia in many of its oil and gas projects. The US, on the other hand has always tried to destroy the Russian oil and gas sector.

legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
Gerhard Schröder is a leader in Nord Stream (russian-germany project)

Yes, Russia&Germany are friendly countries, but
USA have much power in some EU countries (Poland, UK, Spain...),
and EU doesn't have their own foreign Policy but what USA says is ''amen'' to EU
legendary
This would be a misnomer... The USA is also a reliable trade partner of Russia (over 3% of all foreign trade in 2013), but would you call it Russia's friend? Cool

I called Germany as a friend of Russia, as it helped Russia in many of its oil and gas projects. The US, on the other hand has always tried to destroy the Russian oil and gas sector.
legendary
A friend or an ally is that who would come to help you when you're in trouble. It is rather strange that I have to explain such things... Roll Eyes

Such friends are very rare nowadays, especially among the world nations. And right now I can't even find one example.

Germany to Russia is no more than a good and reliable trading partner (which is not bad in itself)

A good and reliable trading partner can also be termed as a friend.

legendary
A friend or an ally is that who would come to help you when you're in trouble. It is rather strange that I have to explain such things... Roll Eyes

Such friends are very rare nowadays, especially among the world nations. And right now I can't even find one example.

Germany to Russia is no more than a good and reliable trading partner (which is not bad in itself)

A good and reliable trading partner can also be termed as a friend.
legendary
I don't mind them reselling the gas, but this in no case makes Germany a friend of Russia (or an ally, which is more semantically correct). Just business... Cool

OK. I'll explain to you how the whole system is going to work.

1. Russia exports gas to Germany (either through the Nord Stream, or through the Yamal).
2. Germany makes instant payment for the gas, at $420 per 1,000 cubic meters.
3. Germany resells the gas to Ukraine, via Czech Rep and Slovakia.
4. Ukraine owes money to Germany.

Now everyone is happy. Because:

1. Gazprom gets more revenue, as the gas is sold at $420 per 1,000 cubic meters, compared to the $385 / K Cu.m offered to Ukraine. Also they don't have to wait for the payment.
2. Ukraine is happy, as they don't have to pay for the gas.
3. Germany is happy, as they could resell the Russian gas (sic).

This still doesn't make Germany either a friend or an ally of Russia. A friend or an ally is that who would come to help you when you're in trouble. It is rather strange that I have to explain such things... Roll Eyes

legendary
I don't mind them reselling the gas, but this in no case makes Germany a friend of Russia (or an ally, which is more semantically correct). Just business... Cool

OK. I'll explain to you how the whole system is going to work.

1. Russia exports gas to Germany (either through the Nord Stream, or through the Yamal).
2. Germany makes instant payment for the gas, at $420 per 1,000 cubic meters.
3. Germany resells the gas to Ukraine, via Czech Rep and Slovakia.
4. Ukraine owes money to Germany.

Now everyone is happy. Because:

1. Gazprom gets more revenue, as the gas is sold at $420 per 1,000 cubic meters, compared to the $385 / K Cu.m offered to Ukraine. Also they don't have to wait for the payment.
2. Ukraine is happy, as they don't have to pay for the gas.
3. Germany is happy, as they could resell the Russian gas (sic).
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
I see what you did there guys...Russia won't lose anyway. Putin never loses.

Of course... Putin never loses. The Russian average citizen , that's a different story.

Just how the us emerged victorious in so many conflicts.

Wait till the bill for the Ukraine war and the re-build of Crimea hits the taxpayers.

legendary
Oh, and now Germany happily resells the Russian gas that it gets through Nord Stream. Is it a new way of making friends? Grin

Once the gas is delivered to Germany, they are free to do whatever they want with it. Actually this benefits Gazprom as well. The Germans are very punctual in their payments, unlike the Eastern Europeans. So even if Gazprom has to suffer slight losses, they will get their payments on time.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I see what you did there guys...Russia won't lose anyway. Putin never loses.
Activity: 826
in defi we trust
Oh, and now Germany happily resells the Russian gas that it gets through Nord Stream. Is it a new way of making friends? Grin

Once the gas is delivered to Germany, they are free to do whatever they want with it. Actually this benefits Gazprom as well. The Germans are very punctual in their payments, unlike the Eastern Europeans. So even if Gazprom has to suffer slight losses, they will get their payments on time.

Please don't generalize this for eastern europe unless you have solid proofs

legendary

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Following all the shit that is going on in Ukraine is soo hard. Dat country is crrazy.
Activity: 588
Russia just reduced the price by 100$ and this seems to be their last price drop they are willing to make and after Gazprom spokesman said they'll retaliate (I guess they'll just cut the gas from ukraine) the proposed the price is around the price China got for it mega deal with Russia
legendary
Not possible when you are under foreign military occupation. There are tens of thousands of American troops stationed in Germany. Germany is even home to dozens of American nuclear weapons, on which it does not have any say. Even the German gold reserves are with the Americans.

So it can't possibly be "friendly" by definition, period (or even three periods, lol)... Cool
Pages:
Jump to: