Pages:
Author

Topic: Ukraine rejects Russia Gazprom gas price hike - page 12. (Read 26464 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Part of the debt was paid, so the deadline for prepay was pushed forward in time, while still demanding that Ukaine pays the rest.
And, I think, the price was brokered by EU to be around $380 for new deliveries.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Russia to supply gas to Ukraine on prepaid basis from June 1

http://en.itar-tass.com/economy/730982

Russia will supply natural gas to Ukraine on a prepaid basis from June 1, Energy Minister Alexander Novak said on Thursday, May 8. “May 7 was the last day when Ukraine had to pay for the gas supplied. We have not received any payment from Naftogaz of Ukraine since March of this year. Ukraine’s overall debt for gas has reached 3,508 billion U.S. dollars up to date,” he said. In accordance with Clauses 5.1.5 and 5.8 of the contract for the supply of gas made by and between Gazprom and Naftogaz of Ukraine in 2009, failure to perform the obligations entails an automatic transition to gas supplies on a prepaid basis from June 1, 2014, Novak said.

What's the latest updates on this issue?

I have said like ten times that Ukraine will do anything not to pay the entire bill.
Also I said that Russia will not cut the gas no matter what.

And it seems like it's all going like before.
Just like the threat to kick visa and mastercard out of the country.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
VocalPlatform.com
I think the after coup government of Ukraine should stop bloodshed or face very harsh aftermath... They should note that killing of innocent civilians will not go without response...

And their foreign backers should know that this kind of governments are unacceptable... If they want unity in Ukraine they should respect all of people's demands
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Bad news for Poroshenko.

Gazprom increasing gas exports to foreign countries — Gazprom CEO

http://en.itar-tass.com/economy/734597
legendary
Gas comedy theatre continues:

Ukraine in its negotiations with Russia demands that the clause prohibiting re-export of gas must be removed:
http://itar-tass.com/ekonomika/1237724?utm_medium=rss20
legendary
Mr. Coleman's revisionist history in general. Similar to the way that the inhabitants of a flat Earth believed in magic carpets and dragons, the Russians seem unaware that the Tatars have historic ties in various parts of Europe dating back 100s of years. There are even Tatar minorities who settled in Poland after they were freed from the slave trade.

Well, there is a reason why that period in European history is called for Tatar-Mongol Yoke.  Nothing to revise there...
legendary
Actually, in 3 months of "occupation" Russia already made for them more than did Ukraine in 23 years. And to say that the Tatars in Crimea were pro-Ukrainian is a bit far fetched... Cool

Some of the Tatars are clearly pro-Kiev and there are reasons for that. When Leonid Kravchuk imported them from Uzbekistan in 1992, they were allowed to squat on land which originally belonged to the ethnic Russian inhabitants. A large number of the Russians lost their land, driven away by the Tatars. Now the authorities has started to return those stolen lands back to their original owners.

Terry Pratchett, is that you??

Who is that Terry Pratchett and what is he famous for, excuse me? Shocked

Sir Terry Pratchett is a famous English writer who started as investigative journalist. His is the author of the brilliant Discworld fantasy series, which are a satire on many aspects of our twisted crazy world.

I fail, however, to see, what Sir Terry Pratchett has to do with the remark on Tatars. Was it a reference to the relations between dwarves and trolls and the subsequence Koom Valley accord, not recognised by the more orthodox/extrimist dwarves?
legendary
living so close to the equator

Are you geographically challenged?

I think that to send those trespassing Tatars back to Uzbekistan would be a right idea! Cool

Just kidding... Roll Eyes

They were not happy in Uzbekistan, and they are not happy in Crimea. They want the Crimean Republic to merge with Turkey. I would like them to GTFO to Turkey.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Actually, in 3 months of "occupation" Russia already made for them more than did Ukraine in 23 years. And to say that the Tatars in Crimea were pro-Ukrainian is a bit far fetched... Cool

Some of the Tatars are clearly pro-Kiev and there are reasons for that. When Leonid Kravchuk imported them from Uzbekistan in 1992, they were allowed to squat on land which originally belonged to the ethnic Russian inhabitants. A large number of the Russians lost their land, driven away by the Tatars. Now the authorities has started to return those stolen lands back to their original owners.

Terry Pratchett, is that you??

Who is that Terry Pratchett and what is he famous for, excuse me? Shocked
legendary

I think that to send those trespassing Tatars back to Uzbekistan would be a right idea! Cool

Just kidding... Roll Eyes
legendary

legendary
Obviously the armed Russian troops, who were imported from Russia, were "pro-Russian", but what about the Tatar minority?

The Tatars were around 10% of the population, while the remaining 90% were Slavs. In a normal scenario, 90% of the population decides about the future of a territory in which they are living. May be in your place it will be the opposite.

legendary
Obviously the armed Russian troops, who were imported from Russia, were "pro-Russian", but what about the Tatar minority?

The Tatars were around 10% of the population, while the remaining 90% were Slavs. In a normal scenario, 90% of the population decides about the future of a territory in which they are living. May be in your place it will be the opposite.
legendary
It was an autonomous republic in Ukraine (autonomy doesn't mean true independence). And its population was pro-Russian, that's why they decided to join Russia. The factor of urgency is irrelevant to the legitimacy of accession, but is very well explained by what is happening in Donetsk and Lugansk regions right now... Cool

Make up your mind! If they weren't truly independent, then they had no right to make that sort of decision to join Russia

I have already explained what's happened, why should I repeat myself? Huh

But nevertheless, you seem to not even understand that according to your own logic there is no way to become independent (unless it is given as a gift from the sovereign). What about the 4th of July and the Independence Day, lol? Grin
legendary
is very well explained by what is happening in Donetsk and Lugansk regions right now.

So the commanders in the region were also victims of the same information war that people like you are trying to spread. You cannot claim to know what is really happening in Donetsk or Lugansk right now, unless you are there!

I'm not there but this doesn't in the least mean that I can't know what's happening there... Cool
legendary
It was an autonomous republic in Ukraine. And its population was pro-Russian, that's why they decided to join Russia. The factor of urgency is irrelevant to the legitimacy of accession, but is very well explained by what is happening in Donetsk and Lugansk regions right now... Cool

Pro-russian was the total majority of Crimea population, Russian troops were not "imported from Russia", they were there before Crimea declared independence... Cool

What exactly do you want to hear about the Tatar minority in Crimea? The Crimean dialect of the Tatar language has become one of the three official "state" languages there... Cool
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
If Crimea was already an autonomous republic, then why the sudden urgency to join Russia?

I think they pray for Russia listening to terrible news from Lugansk, Slaviansk, Kramatorsk, etc.
legendary
To take a pause from blablahblah trolling (because he insists on going in circles over the issues that already were addressed on multiple occasions)...

You and the other paid Russian spammers are the ones who are trolling.

Why do you keep spreading propaganda? Don't you trust that other people will be intelligent enough to do their own research?

Oh I'm sorry, they "peacefully reclaimed it", and the tanks and submarines were just plastic props.

As per the treaty with Russia, Russian forces were already stationed in Sevastopol. They moved in to the Sevastopol airport and took control of it, as the security situation was worsening. There were no tanks and submarines outside these areas.

You guys can't even get your own story straight.
If Crimea was already an autonomous republic, then why the sudden urgency to join Russia?

It was an autonomous republic in Ukraine (autonomy doesn't mean true independence). And its population was pro-Russian, that's why they decided to join Russia. The factor of urgency is irrelevant to the legitimacy of accession, but is very well explained by what is happening in Donetsk and Lugansk regions right now... Cool
legendary
Oh I'm sorry, they "peacefully reclaimed it", and the tanks and submarines were just plastic props.

As per the treaty with Russia, Russian forces were already stationed in Sevastopol. They moved in to the Sevastopol airport and took control of it, as the security situation was worsening. There were no tanks and submarines outside these areas.

If I'm not mistaken, Russia has only one submarine in the whole Black Sea, lol... Cool
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: