Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 206. (Read 381007 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Look at the volume ! We are really flying, I think we have a new base price  Cheesy

Let's keep it that way, all your homework is for this week is to give out 5 paper wallets and 1 e-mail to a crypto accepting business asking them to accept Ultracoin Smiley

http://tumblingblock.com/generate-wallet.html
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
Look at the volume ! We are really flying, I think we have a new base price  Cheesy
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Really hope more miners @ http://utc.tumblingblock.com/ setting 1% or 2% donation as these funds go for future development and promotion for UTC. Now that this pool got the attention it deserves and the dev (Kracko) made that all the donations are pointed @ the right direction I personally do not see a reason why not to donate 1-2% for development and promotion. Lets hope more members of the mining community will join the cause.

Best Regards

DK
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
@Usukan

The Thailand conference was just too many worlds away, it would have also been a very expensive trip. We are open to open any future conferences, and if the community wanted to suggest any, we would be more than happy to reach out to the event organizer to see if we can get Ultracoin involved.

The Android/iOS wallet is a must, and unfortunately as Fabietech says, Scrypt-N coins are notoriously difficult to create the mobile applications for.

@jacobshm

An online wallet with apps that merely connect to the online wallet is actually the exact thing we had in mind, that or an electrum solution. If any of you have used the Coinbase app, it is essentially the same thing, with the added benefit of 2 factor security, plus if your phone is lost or stolen, it is much more secure. In my opinion online based wallets are far superior to wallets integrated into the actual phone or even electrum based. This is currently the solution are talking about now. It should also benefit non phone users and give Ultracoin users a safe place to store and access their coins, unlike exchanges which always have the possibility of going defunct or rogue.

and the real benefit is if you use any kind of bookmark sync software, your coins are virtually indestructible. you can lose your phone, lose your pc and still have access while the server side cant be hacked (theoretically)

the problem with pc wallets or phone wallets is you may lose the device without backing up, but EVERYBODY has somekind of bookmark backup, whether its icloud, xmarks or google. i think at this point you would have to actively turn off bookmark sync on your devices...
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
UTC is doing amazingly well lately.Well done, guys!
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Thanks Steven - I will be happy with any wallet I can use on my phone - web based sounds fine. Coinbase clone would be great.

Cheers

@Usukan

The Thailand conference was just too many worlds away, it would have also been a very expensive trip. We are open to open any future conferences, and if the community wanted to suggest any, we would be more than happy to reach out to the event organizer to see if we can get Ultracoin involved.

The Android/iOS wallet is a must, and unfortunately as Fabietech says, Scrypt-N coins are notoriously difficult to create the mobile applications for.

@jacobshm

An online wallet with apps that merely connect to the online wallet is actually the exact thing we had in mind, that or an electrum solution. If any of you have used the Coinbase app, it is essentially the same thing, with the added benefit of 2 factor security, plus if your phone is lost or stolen, it is much more secure. In my opinion online based wallets are far superior to wallets integrated into the actual phone or even electrum based. This is currently the solution are talking about now. It should also benefit non phone users and give Ultracoin users a safe place to store and access their coins, unlike exchanges which always have the possibility of going defunct or rogue.

Activity: 476
@Usukan

@jacobshm

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I think if you make a web based wallet optimized for mobile it will be good enough for now. You dont need a native application, its not like you can use it when your offline anyhow.

Usukan, that myriad wallet works amazingly well, it looks opensource too...

Please stop trying to develop apps, i think this can be accomplished so much faster and cheaper

Ps keep it up, loving the bew price
Activity: 298
UTC needs an Android wallet - urgently

Its crazy at this stage that it still does not have one.

Its essential for mass adoption and day to day use of the coin for "real world" things - on the run.

and of course an IPhone equivalent

AND

if you have got some spare time - check this out.

Its the simplest wallet you might ever imagine.  It really works.

http://cryptap.us/myr/jswallet/    anyone can use this in about 15 seconds

Personally I was stunned when I discovered this one.

Dear Usukan,

The Android wallet is something that UTC needs offcource.
There is only a big problem in developing android wallets for Script-N that is why this takes so long.
legendary
UTC market cap passed £500,000 today.  Grin
legendary
Steven - anything happen with this?

And lastly, I received an e-mail earlier today from the "World Bitcoin, Digital Money & Payment Systems Conference 2014” inviting Ultracoin to speak at the Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand on November 11th & 12th of 2014. I will have to speak with the rest of the management team about our official response, but it is an honour to be invited to another conference on such short notice!
legendary
UTC needs an Android wallet - urgently

Its crazy at this stage that it still does not have one.

Its essential for mass adoption and day to day use of the coin for "real world" things - on the run.

and of course an IPhone equivalent

AND

if you have got some spare time - check this out.

Its the simplest wallet you might ever imagine.  It really works.

http://cryptap.us/myr/jswallet/    anyone can use this in about 15 seconds

Personally I was stunned when I discovered this one.

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Hmm, dunno why, but when I run your settings 2 of my 6 cards run at 1.4 - 2.0 kh/s. The rest run at 3.43. The rig is with 8 gigs of ram, so the ram should't be the issue.
I get the same low hash on windows 8 but on vista I always get 3.5. Some thing about windows itself.

It is good to realize that Nvidia needs lot of more trafic between main board (chipset, CPU, memory) and GPU than AMD.
Perhaps bottle neck come there just as one possible suspect about why.  

What is HW combination what can really handle 6x GPU using maximal/enough  datastream speed for all these.

AMD (O. CL) do not care example if use 1x risers (due to much less needed data trafic thru PCI-E). But Nvidia (Cuda) start suffer even in fastest HW system if use 1x communication with PCI-E.  What HW (it need also look how CPU itself is related to this)  is designed for handle with real full speed 6x Nvidia GPU data trafic through PCI-E.  And still we are with  easy Nfactor 14.

Also operating system may affect due to things how they share resources.
I tried everything, single card to 6 cards and same thing.

Are you using any of your mining cards to drive a monitor?  That's a performance hit too.  You actually get less warps because of the memory taken to run a screen.   Do all the cards have adequate power?  Make sure you are using the latest version of CudaMiner too.  Earlier this year the Keccak portion had to be done single-threaded by CPU.  Now, most everything can be offloaded into the GPUs.  

I'm using Ubuntu Server 14.04.  It's still not perfect.  I always seem to have at least one card lagging a bit on each of my rigs- but not more than 10-15% from the highest at times.  Earlier versions of CudaMiner performed part of the algos by CPU.  I get 19-21khash on each 6 card rig.

Intel Celeron G1850 Dual Core 2.9GHz
ASRock H81 Pro
EVGA 750ti ACX Version (with 6pin power jacks) 3-4 each server
EVGA 750ti Non-ACX Version 2-3 each server
PCIe 1x Powered Risers (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA32C1EC4586)

You get plenty of adapters that come with the 1x risers so you can convert SATA and the 4-pin molex connectors to 6pin PCIe power jacks and to power the risers. I recommend at least a 650W PSU, single 12v rail.  Make sure it has enough SATA and 4 pin connectors to run a 4 pin molex to each card and a 6pin PCIe connector to the top of the GPU.  For the most part I dedicated 1 line off the PSU to powering the riser and the GPU.  With a 2-3 non-ACX cards running off the powered risers.  I have all six running on each of my rigs.

I wouldn't try to run more than one non-ACX style GPU in a setup without a powered riser as it will go beyond PCIe power specs (75W) and you run the risk of frying the traces in your mobo.
you can get 10 PCIe 1x Powered Risers for ~$ 50 on amazon  o and it is windows 8 for some reason for the low hash rate.

Don't use Windows 8 then.  Another thing to try is a 16x to 16x riser:  http://www.amazon.com/Powered-Flexible-Extender-Bitcoin-Mining/dp/B00CQB1RIU

I had a single card in the mobo..no change. i use usb power risers.
Activity: 456
Hmm, dunno why, but when I run your settings 2 of my 6 cards run at 1.4 - 2.0 kh/s. The rest run at 3.43. The rig is with 8 gigs of ram, so the ram should't be the issue.
I get the same low hash on windows 8 but on vista I always get 3.5. Some thing about windows itself.

It is good to realize that Nvidia needs lot of more trafic between main board (chipset, CPU, memory) and GPU than AMD.

What is HW combination what can really handle 6x GPU using maximal/enough  datastream speed for all these.

AMD (O. CL) do not care example if use 1x risers (due to much less needed data trafic thru PCI-E). But Nvidia (Cuda) start suffer even in fastest HW system if use 1x communication with PCI-E.  What HW (it need also look how CPU itself is related to this)  is designed for handle with real full speed 6x Nvidia GPU data trafic through PCI-E.  And still we are with  easy Nfactor 14.

Are you using any of your mining cards to drive a monitor?  That's a performance hit too.  You actually get less warps because of the memory taken to run a screen.   Do all the cards have adequate power?  Make sure you are using the latest version of CudaMiner too.  Earlier this year the Keccak portion had to be done single-threaded by CPU.  Now, most everything can be offloaded into the GPUs.  

I'm using Ubuntu Server 14.04.  It's still not perfect.  I always seem to have at least one card lagging a bit on each of my rigs- but not more than 10-15% from the highest at times.  Earlier versions of CudaMiner performed part of the algos by CPU.  I get 19-21khash on each 6 card rig.

ASRock H81 Pro
PCIe 1x Powered Risers (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA32C1EC4586)

You get plenty of adapters that come with the 1x risers so you can convert SATA and the 4-pin molex connectors to 6pin PCIe power jacks and to power the risers. I recommend at least a 650W PSU, single 12v rail.  Make sure it has enough SATA and 4 pin connectors to run a 4 pin molex to each card and a 6pin PCIe connector to the top of the GPU.  For the most part I dedicated 1 line off the PSU to powering the riser and the GPU.  With a 2-3 non-ACX cards running off the powered risers.  I have all six running on each of my rigs.

I wouldn't try to run more than one non-ACX style GPU in a setup without a powered riser as it will go beyond PCIe power specs (75W) and you run the risk of frying the traces in your mobo.
you can get 10 PCIe 1x Powered Risers for ~$ 50 on amazon  o and it is windows 8 for some reason for the low hash rate.

Don't use Windows 8 then.  Another thing to try is a 16x to 16x riser:  http://www.amazon.com/Powered-Flexible-Extender-Bitcoin-Mining/dp/B00CQB1RIU
legendary

[/quote]

Can someone help me with the .bat file for 750 Ti

Thx in advance
[/quote]
for Windows ?
Activity: 519

ASRock H81 Pro

Can someone help me with the .bat file for 750 Ti

Thx in advance
legendary

ASRock H81 Pro

legendary
Hello,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
[email protected]

I wonder if we would surpass any time the 1Million marketcap as we are toss and turning around 500k-700k and never go higher than that...if we can demolish this wall of 6 btc and surpass 0.00012-13....we maybe we can reach out the desired 0.0002-3 level stability for ultracoin....cheers for the new logo

So the wall is gone Smiley so lets see UTC grow on marketcap Smiley
It IS doing! UTC went up a lot today. 22% I think.
Hello,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
[email protected]

I wonder if we would surpass any time the 1Million marketcap as we are toss and turning around 500k-700k and never go higher than that...if we can demolish this wall of 6 btc and surpass 0.00012-13....we maybe we can reach out the desired 0.0002-3 level stability for ultracoin....cheers for the new logo

So the wall is gone Smiley so lets see UTC grow on marketcap Smiley
http://ultracointalk.org/index.php?topic=234.new#new

New Ultracoin acceptance images:

Compliments to B3DA on the re-design.

Keep on loving the second logo Smiley briljant Job!
Jump to: