Pages:
Author

Topic: Unconfirmed transaction - 9 hours! - page 2. (Read 4966 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 12, 2015, 04:35:52 PM
WTF? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? IT RETURNED TO MY WALLET AND IT WAS AUTOMATICALLY SEND AGAIN!

CHECK THE TX AND DATE WHEN IT WAS SENT! IT'S TODAYS DATE, RIGHT. AM I TIME TRAVELING LOL?

KEEP MY $20, I DON'T CARE, FUCK THIS BULLSHIT.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
July 10, 2015, 08:45:13 PM
I've had 2 transactions this week. One went fine and fast, the other remains unconfirmed after 49 hours. Something needs to be done. Increase block size, increase the minimum fee, increase the minimal amount to make a transaction... I'm not enough of a techie to know which solution is the best, but something needs to be done!

This needs to be debated once the spam attack stops. A stop gap solution implemented now to deal with the situation may not really present the best situation. This attack may be good for Bitcoin in the long run, if it forces some changes.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
July 10, 2015, 08:36:58 PM
I've had 2 transactions this week. One went fine and fast, the other remains unconfirmed after 49 hours. Something needs to be done. Increase block size, increase the minimum fee, increase the minimal amount to make a transaction... I'm not enough of a techie to know which solution is the best, but something needs to be done!

Imagine the post office deciding to forward only the letters with extra stamps and, after a few days, just sending the rest back. Peculiar. Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
July 10, 2015, 08:22:38 PM
legendary
July 10, 2015, 07:58:16 PM
If it's dropped from the network how do you the get BTC back in your wallet?
It is as if it never left the wallet. If a transaction is dropped, it is as if the transaction never existed so the Bitcoin remains as if the transaction never happened.

What is the best fee amount when we send bitcoins from one wallet to another one.
I really hate now transactions, when i see people waiting for days.
I haven't sent transactions during this time, so I can't really say. But if I do send transactions, it will be double what Bitcoin Core defaults to recommending e.g. 0.0002 per Kb instead of 0.0001 per Kb.

I've heard if the transaction isn't confirmed in 24 hours it's dropped from the mempool and should be spendable again. Is this how it works?

no i believe that is not how it works.  someone correct me? 
someone suggested that it SHOULD be this way and i would agree except spammer dust should be burned and lost or converted to fees in the block.
It does that after 48 hours or more, not 24 hours. Eventually, an unconfirmed transaction is dropped after a few days unless someone (e.g. the sender) continues to broadcast it.

Ah. Thanks for the infos!
Activity: 210
Merit: 104
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
July 10, 2015, 06:05:08 PM
Oh yeeah.. Sad I smell bad luck  Cheesy

Blockcypher will give you the "your screwed" odds.
https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/9fa3b45906a95cd9a7919161e08b1e2e238378da2858aabd363b21eb15aedaca/
Right now your are 72.62% screwed (though I think the numbers are made up)

It's only $17, but if you really want it you could gamble another TXO on a CPFP sweep.  I'd caution against it unless you happen to have a TXO that is $2 or something.  Anyway... I would think a 10 mBTC bounty could possibly get you in a future Eligius block.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 10, 2015, 05:38:31 PM
What the hell, still unconfirmed?
Oh yeeah.. Sad I smell bad luck  Cheesy
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
July 10, 2015, 04:03:28 PM
What the hell, still unconfirmed?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
July 10, 2015, 03:15:17 PM
Been waiting 51 hours now and suddenly my transaction is gone from blockchain.info  Huh 

Those of you who are old enough to remeber the days before internet know the feeling of wondering where my money is traveling at the moment. Sending cash in the mail was high risk sport... Grin
That is ok and normal. Any unconfirmed transaction will be dropped from the network and "forgotten" after a few days. The Bitcoin is safe, and you can just resend the transaction with a higher fee so that it can actually be confirmed.

Load a backup wallet you didn't do that TX on.
Activity: 546
Merit: 510
July 10, 2015, 02:46:13 PM
Looks pretty bad for winbits.us, the transaction is still unconfirmed.
I guess it will eventually be dropped from the network, and then will winbits.us be able to spend the coins again.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1548
Get loan in just five minutes goo.gl/8WMW6n
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 10, 2015, 12:16:13 PM
Mine finally cleared!!  WOOT!!

After how many hours? what was your fee? I am waiting on 0.09btc with a fee of 1114 satoshis for 96 hours now.

next time do it with 10k, because all my microtransacstions that i've done recently were all confirmed within an hour

10k satoshi is still nothing, you can't expect a good confirmation time with 1k and the current "attack test"
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
July 10, 2015, 12:01:19 PM
Mine finally cleared!!  WOOT!!

After how many hours? what was your fee? I am waiting on 0.09btc with a fee of 1114 satoshis for 96 hours now.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
July 10, 2015, 10:53:37 AM
It is as if it never left the wallet. If a transaction is dropped, it is as if the transaction never existed so the Bitcoin remains as if the transaction never happened.

What is the best fee amount when we send bitcoins from one wallet to another one.
I haven't sent transactions during this time, so I can't really say. But if I do send transactions, it will be double what Bitcoin Core defaults to recommending e.g. 0.0002 per Kb instead of 0.0001 per Kb.

I see many people used low transaction fees and they had delay on confirmation. So must be careful these days
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
July 10, 2015, 10:52:10 AM

I've heard if the transaction isn't confirmed in 24 hours it's dropped from the mempool and should be spendable again. Is this how it works?

I saw a guy here waiting for something ridiculous like 30 hours, and the transaction finally went thought. He never received the money back after 24h, he just waited more.

I had one go for 3 days.  Then it finally confirmed.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
July 10, 2015, 10:43:31 AM

I saw a guy here waiting for something ridiculous like 30 hours, and the transaction finally went thought. He never received the money back after 24h, he just waited more.
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
July 10, 2015, 10:19:44 AM

someone suggested that it SHOULD be this way and i would agree except spammer dust should be burned and lost or converted to fees in the block.
It does that after 48 hours or more, not 24 hours. Eventually, an unconfirmed transaction is dropped after a few days unless someone (e.g. the sender) continues to broadcast it.
legendary
July 10, 2015, 09:03:36 AM
i understand what bitmixer is for but can someone explain to me what the possible need or use case is for mixing 0.06 btc?

lol
tss
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
July 10, 2015, 09:02:42 AM

i understand what bitmixer is for but can someone explain to me what the possible need or use case is for mixing 0.06 btc?
legendary
July 10, 2015, 08:54:18 AM

Pages:
Jump to: