Pages:
Author

Topic: Understanding the importance of HODLing - CMC 2016 vs 2017 - page 4. (Read 1843 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
When I see this prices from 2016 I want to cry because I did not hear about crypto world in 2016 Sad Sad Sad
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
Case closed. After everything's said and done, the data prove that hodling is money. Grin It looks unbelievable to me now.  Shocked Imagine how everything turns up very fast. I hope this will become even better in the following year. I am hodling several altcoins right now. I hope it will multiply several fold after a year. And I will be the one to post it like this.  Grin

I think that it will grow faster and faster
like the internet did, and the smartphones .. and every technology that we know
Activity: 644
Merit: 523
Passionate about Crypto
Only a fool will not be patient. There is nothing that is legal that really makes a lot of money quickly.

You maybe lucky and get a deal to go well here and there. That said. Long term wealth is always via holding.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Although Crypto is actually just money. It is also an investment into the future for now.

With an investment one needs to HOLD! Thats what I think most people miss.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Great comparison of 2016 vs. 2017. But I think the difference between 2017 and 2018 would be much less.
We are on different side. I think it would be the other way but I don't have a solid principle that would justify this. It's more on faith. With that, may I know why do you say so?

I also think that difference will be similar or even bigger between 2017 and 2018, because between 2016-2017 mostly ordinary people started to invest in cryptocurrencies. I expect "big players" (financial institutions) to join soon...
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
Great comparison of 2016 vs. 2017. But I think the difference between 2017 and 2018 would be much less.
We are on different side. I think it would be the other way but I don't have a solid principle that would justify this. It's more on faith. With that, may I know why do you say so?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042
HODL
Activity: 686
It is amazing to see the market cap and price increases so many folds from Oct 2016 to Oct 2017. I have seen more users coming to the crypto world especially in the past year and I expect more to come. From this, we can expect the market cap and price to increase further in the coming year.

Wow... Crazy volume increase Smiley

and this volume increase happened before the so-called 'financial community' has started putting money in.... watch the fun over the next 12 months with hedge funds pouring in and on the other side, regulations coming up.  Easily expect to see 3-5x prices across the board conservatively.

If hedge funds start puring in some serious cash prices could exceed even more than 5x...  Smiley

Which coins are the safest bet for really long term hodl? I'm thinking about dividing my longterm portfolio between these coins: BTC (30%), ETH (30%), NEO (15%), OMG (15%), KNC (5%) and XZC (5%).

Your portfolio looks like a good split. I assume you have done your research, since I do not know KNC and XZC at all.  I have spread myself a little thinner over about 10-12 names, with NEO and XRP currently being high on the list.

Yeah, somehow I forgot about Ripple Shocked XRP is probably safer/better investment on longterm than XZC.
Fixed longterm portofilo: BTC (30%), ETH (25%), NEO (15%), OMG (10%), XRP (10%), KNC (5%) and XZC (5%)

I like ZCoin (XZC) because it offers anonymity and it can be used in conjunction with Bitcoin to secure an individual’s Bitcoins. It also has pretty stable value when there are no strange circumstances on the market...
KNC - Kyber Network, I bought this when they had their ICO... When KNC came on Liqui it had over 2usd price (around 8x ico price) but I sold only 30% (to return my investment and get little profit) because I really like this project. One of advisors is Vitalik so team looks pretty strong and promising.  If project will be done right, I think it could jump to OMG price range in the next two years..
I would give NEO bigger percentage (and maybe I will) but currently I'm not so confiedent about it because of China ban... I'm following the situation and will see what happens..
Activity: 853
Merit: 114
The price is high so I guess it can be used for something valuable.

english lessons, perhaps?  Grin
Activity: 330
Merit: 123
superb.  great to see the prices and volumes from last year.   just shows the untapped potential that still exists for cryptocurrencies.
hodl, hodl, hodl!

and this volume increase happened before the so-called 'financial community' has started putting money in.... watch the fun over the next 12 months with hedge funds pouring in and on the other side, regulations coming up.  Easily expect to see 3-5x prices across the board conservatively.

If hedge funds start puring in some serious cash prices could exceed even more than 5x...  Smiley

Which coins are the safest bet for really long term hodl? I'm thinking about dividing my longterm portfolio between these coins: BTC (30%), ETH (30%), NEO (15%), OMG (15%), KNC (5%) and XZC (5%).

Your portfolio looks like a good split. I assume you have done your research, since I do not know KNC and XZC at all.  I have spread myself a little thinner over about 10-12 names, with NEO and XRP currently being high on the list.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
Yeah, very good examples. I'm sure that everybody should have HODL portfolio for long term. But HODLing is the best solution for newbies at this market.

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
And what if it is about to burst? It went up too fast!

Quite right, you should just stay away and watch for awhile, and come back again later

Activity: 910
Wow really? I've been to crypto just this year. Well, I saw ethereum at 13$ and litecoin at 3$ last January this year. Since I was new that time, I didn't see the potential of these two alts. But then, I know I'm not too late of everything. Truly, holding the right coin will give you enough profits. Now, I am eyeing of adding NEM and XRP on my portfolio, I want to see them to the moon by next years.
Case closed. After everything's said and done, the data prove that hodling is money. Grin It looks unbelievable to me now.  Shocked Imagine how everything turns up very fast. I hope this will become even better in the following year. I am hodling several altcoins right now. I hope it will multiply several fold after a year. And I will be the one to post it like this.  Grin

i will look for your post next year  Wink
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
Cant look at this screen without tears lol.

And that was not long ago at all...feels like yesterday,but I wasnt there yet :c
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
If I only HODL more then I would be having that much money now. The problem is that I wanted to trade because I want to see my profits quickly that's why I end up with small profit but still its profit so I'm okay with that. What I gain during the period which I am trading is experience so I believe it will pay off as well and maybe I can have more profit than just holding my coins. I hope so.
a rookie mistake made by the best of us.   keep aside a small portfolio for trading and the rest to HODL.  seperate accounts with seperate passwords if you find it hard to maintain hodl-discipline

Pages:
Jump to: