Pages:
Author

Topic: Unitus (UIS) - Superior Blockchain Technology: 1st Multi-Algo Merge-Mined - page 34. (Read 68127 times)

legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
Block explorer @ http://explorer.unitus.nutty.one/ lives again, now with integrated rich-list

Well done nzsquirrell, well done! Thank you a lot  Wink

Rich list is pretty interesting, basically it shows you can get into
top ten and hold significant share of the coins for fraction of BTC!
I consider this unbelievable opportunity...
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Block explorer @ http://explorer.unitus.nutty.one/ lives again, now with integrated rich-list
legendary
I'm willing to do UIS new OP for a bounty Cheesy

Great!
Any reference to your previous work or idea about the bounty height?
Maybe you can just join our Slack so we can discuss the details Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
I'm willing to do UIS new OP for a bounty Cheesy
legendary
OP,the logo should be more professional,at least  it should be  a PNG file. Grin

I might setup bounty for new logo later on.
Right now, there are other things to do.

Edit:

I found this one:
Activity: 402
Merit: 250
OP,the logo should be more professional,at least  it should be  a PNG file. Grin
Activity: 213
Merit: 101

Thank you for your helpful answer. I'll start to look into all that tomorrow but I'll definitely PM you during the week end with my questions  Smiley

Can I find the unitus conf file in the p2pool documentation or does someone have one for me so I can compare with mine ?

Here's a short guide I made a while ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12323394

Here's my unitus.conf file in data directory (obviously set your own user and pw, not ***):
Code:
rpcuser=***
rpcpassword=***
server=1
rpcport=50550
algo=qubit
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.10.*
rpcconnect=192.168.10.*

Thank you so much.

By the way @thread I'm willing to buy in bulk (100k+), via escrow, PM your price if interested.
legendary
I can confirm wallet is safe and works well.
legendary
I scanned the file with avast - no detection.
Synchronizing now, have to say it goes pretty fast (compared to other coins) even without bootstrap file.
I passed 1/5 of blocks in 20 minutes...looks good Smiley
Activity: 113
Trojan named Coin Stealer?
Does not look very safe to use!

I've taken a look at this and can offer a couple of explanations. Several of these AV engines report this as a bitcoin miner / suspicious / Potentialy Unwanted Application (PUA). Yes, it is a bitcoin miner - as are most coins based on the bitcoin core codebase, as there are functions in there that will cause the daemon (unitusd.exe) and the QT wallet (Unitus-qt.exe) to mine using the CPU. See https://github.com/unitusdev/unitus/blob/master/src/miner.cpp lines 438 onwards for where this is implemented. Take a look at virtually any bitcoin code derived coin, you'll find the same, or a variant of the same mining code.

Additionally, I use a Linux machine to compile the source code and produce the windows binaries. I have taken the SHA256 checksums for the binary files that are produced, and have compared them to what VirusTotal is also displaying - and they are identical. This should be sufficient evidence that the files available for download have not been modified nor altered from what was built - and what was built was built directly from the github source tree.

I'm not sure what else I can provide here that will otherwise satisfy any doubt about the nature of the released binary files.

Also is there info about coins emissions?
I need to know number of coins over time...

See http://unitus.nutty.one/home - essentially the reward decay continues until block #3,933,199, when a total of 98,830,980 UIS has been mined. After that the supply inflates slowly, will a static 2 UIS per block. Keep in mind the 16934464.88599479 UIS that was burned for BARR.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Thank you for your helpful answer. I'll start to look into all that tomorrow but I'll definitely PM you during the week end with my questions  Smiley

Can I find the unitus conf file in the p2pool documentation or does someone have one for me so I can compare with mine ?

Here's a short guide I made a while ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12323394

Here's my unitus.conf file in data directory (obviously set your own user and pw, not ***):
Code:
rpcuser=***
rpcpassword=***
server=1
rpcport=50550
algo=qubit
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.10.*
rpcconnect=192.168.10.*
legendary
Hi!
Nice to see revived community!
I plan to create Android game + mobile wallet.
You must select the game.
What do you like?
Backgammon, Billiards, Race, Tetris, Arkanoid ...
Example of our work:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vasilkoff.wallet_bela

Hey! That is great.
Lets discuss the details in Slack
(I want early investors to benefit the most...)

legendary
* jwinterm votes for arkanoid
Activity: 114
 Hi!
Nice to see revived community!
I plan to create Android game + mobile wallet.
You must select the game.
What do you like?
Backgammon, Billiards, Race, Tetris, Arkanoid ...
Example of our work:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vasilkoff.wallet_bela
legendary
Hello!

I created slack channel for discussing anything UNITUS related.
I have some friends who are interested, so why not just meet in one room?
It will be more effective than talking with each person separately.

If you are interested in joining, please PM me your email and I will send you invite link.

Smiley
legendary
I can send you my conf file on Saturday or Sunday, and p2pool bat/sh file. It's kinda tricky to do on Windows, cause you have to build hash thingy for Python using msys or something. Vert has a pretty good guide on GitHub:
https://github.com/metalicjames/p2pool-Lyra2RE/blob/master/README.md

If you want to solo, it's easiest to run your own p2pool node, it's just easier to merge mine that way. For instance, I mine myriad on qubit algo on a p2pool node I run, and then solo merge mine unitus at the same time. Or you could run a vertcoin p2pool node and solo mine on lyra2re2 algo.

Ccminer command will be the same as normal, just set algo, but you also have to set the algo in the unitus conf file to tell the daemon what algo you want to mine.

It's the same amount. Definitely merge mine. I'd recommend myriad or vert, digibyte is another option. Look for tutorials on setting up your own p2pool node and merge mining.

Make sure you're on correct/latest ccminer for lyra2, there were several versions of that algo.

No need for address in conf (but I think you do specify for p2pool).

I'm not at home or on a real computer right now, but let me know if you can't figure it out and I can help more when I get home this weekend.

Thank you for your helpful answer. I'll start to look into all that tomorrow but I'll definitely PM you during the week end with my questions  Smiley

legendary
Hey guys,

I got a few question about mining ( real newbie in the field ) and would love if you could help me with that.

1. I feel  like solo mining is best compared to pooling, I have a pretty powerful rig, but I would like to know if that's actually the case ? If a pool is better why ? Any recommendations Smiley

2. I don't understand the multi-algo thing, from the UIS doc I understand that there are 5 algo for block generation, each algo generate a block every 5 min. Does that mean that if I mine only on Qubit in the best case scenario I'd mine a block every 5 mins ?
Because Qubit is the most worth it algo for my rig...

Basically what would be the ccminer command line to run the multi algo ? I'm confused because I just input "-a name_algo" in the command line.

3. Do you mine more UIS if you do direct mining compared to merged mining ? If it's the same amount then what shall I merge mine and do you have a tuto / advice to get set up ?

4. When I try to mine on lyra2 with ccminer I get a really low hahsrate : http://imgur.com/tKFm2kI

I also believe my command is wrong, I changed the port in the .conf to 10000, I tried 50604 aswell. But as an example after a bunch of hours of mining I had no accepted block.

5. I believe that when you mine the payout are sent to your node address but just to make sure there is no need to add an address in the .conf file right ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

If you want to solo, it's easiest to run your own p2pool node, it's just easier to merge mine that way. For instance, I mine myriad on qubit algo on a p2pool node I run, and then solo merge mine unitus at the same time. Or you could run a vertcoin p2pool node and solo mine on lyra2re2 algo.

Ccminer command will be the same as normal, just set algo, but you also have to set the algo in the unitus conf file to tell the daemon what algo you want to mine.

It's the same amount. Definitely merge mine. I'd recommend myriad or vert, digibyte is another option. Look for tutorials on setting up your own p2pool node and merge mining.

Make sure you're on correct/latest ccminer for lyra2, there were several versions of that algo.

No need for address in conf (but I think you do specify for p2pool).

I'm not at home or on a real computer right now, but let me know if you can't figure it out and I can help more when I get home this weekend.
legendary
Hey guys,

I got a few question about mining ( real newbie in the field ) and would love if you could help me with that.

1. I feel  like solo mining is best compared to pooling, I have a pretty powerful rig, but I would like to know if that's actually the case ? If a pool is better why ? Any recommendations Smiley

2. I don't understand the multi-algo thing, from the UIS doc I understand that there are 5 algo for block generation, each algo generate a block every 5 min. Does that mean that if I mine only on Qubit in the best case scenario I'd mine a block every 5 mins ?

Basically what would be the ccminer command line to run the multi algo ? I'm confused because I just input "-a name_algo" in the command line.

3. Do you mine more UIS if you do direct mining compared to merged mining ? If it's the same amount then what shall I merge mine and do you have a tuto / advice to get set up ?

4. When I try to mine on lyra2 with ccminer I get a really low hahsrate : http://imgur.com/tKFm2kI

I also believe my command is wrong, I changed the port in the .conf to 10000, I tried 50604 aswell. But as an example after a bunch of hours of mining I had no accepted block.

5. I believe that when you mine the payout are sent to your node address but just to make sure there is no need to add an address in the .conf file right ?

Hello Arkh Smiley
I am not much into mining, but maybe somebody will help you here!
Hey guys,

Pages:
Jump to: