Pages:
Author

Topic: Unknown National Chain Restaurant to Accept Bitcoin This Weekend - page 7. (Read 17763 times)

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
I think I have this figured out.

Bruce has a friend who owns a Chinese restaurant that said she would be interested in accepting Bitcoin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=1788.0

Most likely he has showed her the new bit-pay mobile app that makes it easy to accept Bitcoin for stores and she is probably setting it up this weekend.

So...a national chain restaurant will be accepting Bitcoins.

It would be like a Subway store owner putting the bit-pay app on his phone and accepting Bitcoins at his store and the story being "Subway restaurant now accepts Bitcoin!"
Activity: 322
Merit: 251
FirstBits: 168Bc
Just went to hooters.com to see their tech savvy implementation... Yeah, that looks about right

vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105
My friend just mentioned that Hooters would make sense for this.

It is the kind of place that some people may not want to have show up on their credit card bill where their wife might see it.

Cash and Bitcoins are good for this kind of thing.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Thank you so much!

I love it, and my girl friend is pissed because I may soon have a reason to go to Hooters every day for lunch!

http://www.hooters.co.jp/

Your welcome! Didn't mean to upset your girlfriend   Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I for one welcome our Boobcoin overlords.
vip
Its Hooters! 468 locations..

Someone please photoshop bitcoins into the hooters logo!

This would be the perfect combination.
I hope it is true!
By request:

Thank you so much!

I love it, and my girl friend is pissed because I may soon have a reason to go to Hooters every day for lunch!

http://www.hooters.co.jp/
Activity: 135

I hope it is true!
By request:
Activity: 196
Are you gullible? Male? Preferably pre-pubescent? Bruce Wagner's PeeWee Playhouse is open for business!
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
It's 6AM in New York now. If there is a restaurant accepting Bitcoins this weekend, it should be open within the next few hours. I guess we'll see.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
It must be "this weekend" in the US by now.  Wonder when Bruce is planning on making his big announcement.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

I hope it is true!

Years ago, I had this idea of a restaurant chain that caters to women based on the same theme as Hooters. The name? Hamptons. I pictured it standing room only, every night.  Wink
Merit: 1000
If this is true, I'll bet it's a franchisee rather than the parent corporation.  Often a franchisee will own a few locations.

It would be very stupid for a franchisee to do something like this without approval from the parent company.
Activity: 672
somebody just tell me what the name of the chain is already or can we rename the subject "bruce wagner annoys people on the internet by making delusional claims that are true in some sense, false in some sense, and meanginless in some sense"[/color]
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers

Are you aware of the script capabilities in bitcoin?  They will enable transactions of the sort that require say 3 out of 5 signature to spend funds.  This is exactly what is needed in a corporate accounting context.  This same capability can also be used for multi-factor authentication to protect high value wallets.  I believe Gavin and other core developers are doing work to enable these capabilities as we speak.

I have not heard of this. I will definitely look into it. Sounds like just what is needed to bring Bitcoin to the big time.

Oh yeah, it is sick awesome. I want some [A and B] or C action please.
vip

I hope it is true!
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas

Are you aware of the script capabilities in bitcoin?  They will enable transactions of the sort that require say 3 out of 5 signature to spend funds.  This is exactly what is needed in a corporate accounting context.  This same capability can also be used for multi-factor authentication to protect high value wallets.  I believe Gavin and other core developers are doing work to enable these capabilities as we speak.

I have not heard of this. I will definitely look into it. Sounds like just what is needed to bring Bitcoin to the big time.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Um, this was the Bitcoin forum, not the sex workers forum. Guess with Bruce being in both worlds it was an easy mistake to make though. Smiley

lolwut
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
I don't think it's (say, using bit-pay) any different from paypal or credit cards. I don't think you need to implement anything on top of that to the accounting side. Do you match every single payment to every credit card transaction? I don't think so... If there is a deficit, there is enough information you can use to investigate. Otherwise, accept payments, transfer money to your accounts in regular intervals, etc. IMO, training staff to use the payment method is the bottleneck here.

Are you aware of the script capabilities in bitcoin?  They will enable transactions of the sort that require say 3 out of 5 signature to spend funds.  This is exactly what is needed in a corporate accounting context.  This same capability can also be used for multi-factor authentication to protect high value wallets.  I believe Gavin and other core developers are doing work to enable these capabilities as we speak.

Wow, I hadn't thought of its potential usefulness in corporate accounting. Notary service without having to trust any single entity and without cost. Smiley

What I'm saying is though, you don't have to implement major accounting changes to start accepting payments with bit-pay.
Merit: 1007
What I am talking about is on the accounting end. When there is one person who controls the business account and checks and accounting then it is an easy transition to a Bitcoin wallet. But with a corporation with accounting staff or off-site accounting services with many people in charge of small bits of purchasing and making deposits/withdrawals it makes things more complicated. Not that Bitcoin cannot be adapted to such an environment, but that we do not currently right now today have tools that deal with this type of environment. We just are not at that point yet. In my opinion.

I don't think it's (say, using bit-pay) any different from paypal or credit cards. I don't think you need to implement anything on top of that to the accounting side. Do you match every single payment to every credit card transaction? I don't think so... If there is a deficit, there is enough information you can use to investigate. Otherwise, accept payments, transfer money to your accounts in regular intervals, etc. IMO, training staff to use the payment method is the bottleneck here.

Activity: 142
BTC- Its not a bubble.
Bruce Wagner is the man yo!!
Pages:
Jump to: