Author

Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Hardfork block 1042000 - Merge Mine w/BTC! - page 779. (Read 1046631 times)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Cute, new 'dev,' already asking for donations. Must be one of muddafudda or Shakezulu's sock-puppets.

lol! None of them. Smiley And you know nothing about me.

Nor do you about me. Cheers and good luck with the fund-raising/begging.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
Cute, new 'dev,' already asking for donations. Must be one of muddafudda or Shakezulu's sock-puppets.

lol! None of them. Smiley And you know nothing about me.
Activity: 104
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
This idea has been presented before, but I can't get it out of my head: I think that it has a lot of merit. The Dogecoin developers were able to lift Doge from zero to #5 on Coinmarketcap in a couple of months through some very clever marketing. Unobtanium is a small local beer in Alabama: http://www.straighttoale.com/beer/unobtanium/ Do we have any marketing gurus among us?

Here is what I see:
  • A cross-promotional-campaign that transforms Unobtanium (the beer) from a small local beer to an international one.
  • A cross-promotional-campaign that transforms Unobtanium (the cryptocurrency) from a small Cryptocoin (#47 on Coinmarketcap to to atop 5 player on Coinmarketcap.

Ofcourse, beer lovers would be STRONGLY encouraged to buy Unobtanium with Unobtanium.

I called the owners of Straight to Ale a few months ago. They hadn't heard of Bitcoin, but they found the idea interesting. I am not in marketing, but perhaps someone with more experience could actually help make something like this happen. Perhaps if a few more of us in the community got involved, we could make this idea happen, or come up with a better one. Smiley

I think this idea should be a GO! And definetly a great one  , if we can partner up with the company and also run a promo with them should get us on a solid map to glory , thank you so very much for sharing your ideas my friend they are of greatest value.

Regards,
~SoopY~

Thanks Soopy. Hopefully, it will start a conversation.

I'm sure definitely it will! Smiley
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
This idea has been presented before, but I can't get it out of my head: I think that it has a lot of merit. The Dogecoin developers were able to lift Doge from zero to #5 on Coinmarketcap in a couple of months through some very clever marketing. Unobtanium is a small local beer in Alabama: http://www.straighttoale.com/beer/unobtanium/ Do we have any marketing gurus among us?

Here is what I see:
  • A cross-promotional-campaign that transforms Unobtanium (the beer) from a small local beer to an international one.
  • A cross-promotional-campaign that transforms Unobtanium (the cryptocurrency) from a small Cryptocoin (#47 on Coinmarketcap to to atop 5 player on Coinmarketcap.

Ofcourse, beer lovers would be STRONGLY encouraged to buy Unobtanium with Unobtanium.

I called the owners of Straight to Ale a few months ago. They hadn't heard of Bitcoin, but they found the idea interesting. I am not in marketing, but perhaps someone with more experience could actually help make something like this happen. Perhaps if a few more of us in the community got involved, we could make this idea happen, or come up with a better one. Smiley

I think this idea should be a GO! And definetly a great one  , if we can partner up with the company and also run a promo with them should get us on a solid map to glory , thank you so very much for sharing your ideas my friend they are of greatest value.

Regards,
~SoopY~

Thanks Soopy. Hopefully, it will start a conversation.
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

Here is what I see:

I think this idea should be a GO! And definetly a great one  , if we can partner up with the company and also run a promo with them should get us on a solid map to glory , thank you so very much for sharing your ideas my friend they are of greatest value.

Regards,
~SoopY~

Here is what I see:
  • A cross-promotional-campaign that transforms Unobtanium (the cryptocurrency) from a small Cryptocoin (#47 on Coinmarketcap) to #5 or higher.

Ofcourse, beer lovers would be STRONGLY encouraged to buy Unobtanium with Unobtanium. What I am proposing might seem impossible on the surface, but I would have thought that what the Dogecoin guys did was impossible if you asked me a year ago.

legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
Everyone Thank you so very much for your kind donations and contributions for my work , I appreciate them so very much thank you once again I m truly grateful of the same , I could truly use these donations for a greater purpose since I m at a time of great need , coincidentally where my mother's 1st year memorial is around the corner and while my work payments are delayed for a few more day and while I have to arrange everything for the memorial I did not know what to do , I'm yet to raise around 4.5 BTC or if we put in UNO at current rates around 1000 UN entirely in one of my PMs to FallinKnife I had informed him the same and also he advised me to make a direct appeal to the community , I was reluctant in the beginning due to how this would have been taken by the community and I did not want to be taken wrongly or become a burden to the community in anyway.

I'm to raise these funds by today and do not know any such way until payments from work that I have done arrives , if there is anyway the community can help me it would be greatly praised and appreciated and I would be most grateful of and would be never forgotten and would be appreciated from the bottom of my heart.

If you like to help me out in anyway please be kind enough to forward them to:-

Unobtanium : uW9XivXdwE9VVtBKYubnTzFgfwZP2hJpFN

Bitcoin : 1DGB48wjZpfB9cnazuVr4Co8N1yoCR2bQc

~SoopY~

PS: I'm speaking to a few people owning major Crypto Explorer and we should be on one of them soon.

Welcome Soopy,

Trust is earned. Your work will be well rewarded when we see RESULTS, and you EARN our trust.

I was EXTREMELY disappointed when the creators of UNO, and others, decided to abandon the project. I like people who take ownership and pride in what they do. The kind of person that I will trust and follow is this one: a person who looks at UNO as a child that they will nurture and develop until it reaches maturity. Gavin Andresen is FULLY COMMITTED to Bitcoin. He would kill himself with hard work before he would ever let Bitcoin fail. He would do everything in his power to prevent it. I want to see someone with that same spirit take over UNO. The creators of UNO created a fantastic coin, but they were NEVER fully committed to it, and it showed. I sincerely HOPE that you are that someone. I have seen a lot in the last 3 years, and I have learned to ALWAYS be skeptical. As such, I will not be installing your new client until you have EARNED my trust.

However, I am very happy to see these developments. Thank you sincerely for what you have done so far.  No successful endeavor can rely on just one person. If you truly are committed to UNO, I hope that you can build a team of other committed people around you.

I do not personally feel that you should have revealed the full details of your situation just yet. I sympathize with what you are going through, but you surely realize that the cryptocurrency community has been burned time and time again. Those kinds of personal details should be only shared with people that you trust, and that FULLY trust you, and certainly not in such a public forum. The entire world that is waiting to invest in UNO is carefully watching EVERYTHING that we do. You must ALWAYS keep that in mind. A leader ALWAYS has to try to appear strong and confident, even if he or she does not feel that way internally.  

My final advice is to you is to focus on building great UNO software, and building trust within the community. If you do so, you will be rewarded beyond anything that you could imagine, both monetarily and otherwise.
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
Everyone Thank you so very much for your kind donations and contributions for my work , I appreciate them so very much thank you once again I m truly grateful of the same.

If you like to help me out in anyway please be kind enough to forward them to:-

Unobtanium : uW9XivXdwE9VVtBKYubnTzFgfwZP2hJpFN

Bitcoin : 1DGB48wjZpfB9cnazuVr4Co8N1yoCR2bQc

~SoopY~

PS: I'm speaking to a few people owning major Crypto Explorer and we should be on one of them soon.

Activity: 127
Since our coin, UNO is SHA256d which target only for SHA256d ASIC miners. Why can't we implement something like scrypt multipool (that mine most profitable scrypt coins) that make a pay out in UNO. Something like Blackcoin (and all other POS coin) is doing.
Since multipool is paying out in UNO by exchanging scrypt coin for BTC then buying UNO from exchanges. This would kick the price of UNO back up. And UNO would be the (only?) coin that target both sha256d and scrypt miners.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 504
Welcome, Soopy!  I sent you some Un, too!

I would verify it on an explorer, but we don't have a working one.

There were 2 older ones, but neither are working, now.
Activity: 168
Unobtanium is now listed here: http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Unobtanium

Hope you like it! As soon as you have a Twitter account you can display your news by following the guide you find here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annwwwcryptocoinrankcom-for-sale-for-sale-for-sale-579901

Cheers
Activity: 559
Merit: 500
The website is actually very nice and clean, I hope we'll be able to keep using/updating it in the future?

I didn't mean the term takeover in the sense that we should take UNO away from the previous devs. But someone has to take the wheel while they're absent to prevent this baby from crashing. I am glad things are now progressing so fast, that's incredible. Fantastic work FallingKnife and soopy452000! Sent a few UNO your way.

Does anybody have some proposals that could get the greater trading community interested in UNO again? I know I mocked the whole "PoS/Multipool" craze before, but form a marketing standpoint even just plans like that can renew interest in a coin. DMD made some excellent decisions lately, as did Karma (both a community effort BTW, took a while to get there though). Those 2 are good examples of how to turn around a slowly forgotten coin.

I'll just throw a couple of questions/random ideas out there to hopefully kickstart a discussion:

• are there any people experienced in marketing in here? UNO could really use a foundation of some kind, with people that are dedicated to increase use and awareness of this fantastic crypto
  • do you know of any ongoing projects that involve UNO in some way?
  • is there anythign any of you don't like about the coin specs?
  • are you missing a specific service/feature (like an android/iOS apps, paperwallet)?
  • would you be interested in a physical UNO wallet?
  • would you be willing to donate/actively support development of such services?
  • can you think of a specific use that would fit UNO well (except trading)?  Wink
  • please feel free to add to this list ...

Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Soopy, TY for the updates.  I sent you some UNO as a thank you.  FK, thank you for taking this on yourself.

Can we get Icanprogram to update the main website with the new wallets after the source has been uploaded and compiled from github?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/

[/color]
Please update your client as soon as possible to avoid any security issues arising from the vulnerability being exploited on the old wallets.

I will be supporting UNO as from now on and would be glad to answer and assist the UNO community in everyway for success of UNO and renew faith in it as well as interest.

src on github please

Github src  https://github.com/sherlockcoin/Unobtanium

Linux Wallet added to the OP. VirusTotal report linked.
Can someone who uses Linux please check it out? I have not tried it (checked for viruses, but don't have Linux to run it on).

Now lets take UNO back up to .007 and beyond!
Activity: 112

Wink

blockexplorer rockchain.info is not working btw
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
SRC on Github coming , Linux wallets uploaded will be posted shortly.
Activity: 626
Hi Crypt,
Do you know if I can use other currency wallets to receive my UNOs, or if I can send them directly to an exchange?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I can attempt to answer from what I interpret...

UNO is a unique coin, like all bitcoin clones, and can only be used with the UNO qt wallet, or unobtaniumd daemon, both of which can be downloaded from the OP (at least until alternate services exist, like an UNO android client, or electrum-uno client, they do not yet exist to my knowledge).

That being said, you should be able to transfer UNO from one exchange to another exchange without an issue. In that case you are relying on the exchanges that are running the unobtaniumd client on their end. Note that you are typically not in direct control of those exchange addresses, they are being handled by the exchanges. The only current addresses that are in your direct control at the moment are the UNO qt wallet (or if you have your own instance of unobtaniumd) and the paper wallets (which you cannot send from, you must import them into the UNO qt or unobtaniumd).

Hopefully I have not confused you more...

Not at all and thanks for the reply.
Well, let me re-phrase my original question. The issue that i am having is that the UNO qt wallet(v0.9.2.9) installed on my machine is not working. It looks that is trying to connect to some ip addresses but "connection is refused" (i.e. trying connection 188.226.198.109:65534 lastseen=108.3hrs
connect() failed after select(): Connection refused"
Than, what I was trying is to circumvent the problem that i am having with the UNO qt wallet not working. Though at the end of the day, what I really need, is to have the UNO qt wallet working as it should. There is perhaps some configuration, that that I am not aware of, which needs to be set in place.
 I haven't got yet too much background into all this and wander you if you can help. Many thanks.

The "connection refused" messages you are getting are fairly typical, it just means that peer has not been seen for a while. The client should still be attempting to connect to other peers.

Try opening a debug window in the qt client and add some of these nodes:
Code:
addnode 192.186.133.74 add
addnode 185.24.223.8 add
addnode 82.73.189.64 add
addnode 5.9.94.205 add

wait five minutes, then post the output of:

Code:
getpeerinfo
Activity: 626
Hello everyone ,

Hope everyone is having a wonderful time and as per FallingKnife's directions and introduction and while greatly thanking him from bringing UNO to my attention and generating interest on the same, you must be having the Updated wallet by now which is Openssl Heartbleed Security Vulnerability Addressed , Versions Bumped to 0.9.4, Seed Node Updated, Check-pointed.

Please update your client as soon as possible to avoid any security issues arising from the vulnerability being exploited on the old wallets.

I will be supporting UNO as from now on and would be glad to answer and assist the UNO community in everyway for success of UNO and renew faith in it as well as interest.

Everyone should be thankful to FallingKnife for the renewed interest on the coin and getting me involved a round of applause should go to him.

~SoopY~

src on github please
Jump to: