Author

Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Hardfork block 1042000 - Merge Mine w/BTC! - page 781. (Read 1046631 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 361
It's a good idea to start thinking and discussing strategies like this as Unobtanium is being rapidly mined out.  Something like 22 more tons (22,000) UNO available to mine before block 612,000.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 504
I like it.

If we wanted to hold the current price, and given the current float, this would require the sum of participants to have a half-million USD worth of BTC to buy-and-hold any offer below the current price.  Sure, it could probably be done with as little as $5K worth of BTC or less, but the availability of the full capitalization, and the practice of holding the Un, guarantees the price is held.  (If not held, sold only above the target or ascending trendline - but then additional repurchase must still be guaranteed.)

No doubt better theories will follow....  Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
i had an idea. I want to tell you.

What if the unobtanium community was giving out trading-goals as a community for what price we try to reach? If we can reach consensus in the community for a minimum-value we think we can trade uno up to (doesn't need to be high - only needs to be met regularly and reliably).
We could be giving out a trading-goal every 3-6 months and always try to meet it. You can draw a staight ascending line (needs to be sustainable) in the charts to that value and point in time and trade torwards that line (up and down).
What are the benefits of this? I'll explain:
If we can do something like this uno would have achieved what other coins failed to do after many tries:
reduce volatility - not by technologic solutions or a centralized mechanism but manually done by the professional unotraders who frequently reach a consensus on what uno should be worth at a minimum at points in the future.  
This could raise appeal of uno to investors if we become known for meeting our goals and investors could invest into uno and its skilled traders that reliably meet their goals for growth and also reduce volatility.
That would put an end to the crazy uno-spikes and crashes and replace it with constant growth. I don't know if everybody agrees on if this is desirable or not. Please discuss.

I am a trained moderator for consensus-reaching in groups and could offer that skills if they are needed/helpful.  

[was edited]

2nd edit:

actually there is not changing much for the individual trader if we would do this - it would just be about finding out what the community overall thinks above what price uno will be trading at with relative certainty after x amount of time. We could then make a graph for everybody to see which can be used by the community as a voluntary guideline and as stated above if we manage to meet our own goals again and again that can be used for advertising uno to investors. Also if it works out and the community starts to trust the graphs and use it more the volatility will be reduced for sure which will also attract new money. I will be waiting for your reaction before i start to think this through in more depth.
Activity: 559
Merit: 500
UNO is definitely not dying..... Grin
I agree that this is a strange market to trade in
Its a very special market
And no, we are not going to sell out coins this cheap

UNO will succeed because eventually the right people will own the coins at the right time and the price will rise exponentially
UNO traders are patient
What the UNO market does need is a new "generation" of supporters on top of the ones it has already...this will come if we help get the word out
We need the other coin traders to see the value that this coins holds!!!

I am not worried and agree it is not dying, but there is definitely a lack of new interested traders. That combined with total dev inactivity (do we even have a statement on Heartbleed yet?) is at least a little bit worrying. I am certain we'll see at least one more pump sooner or later and I also expect its value to increase slowly but steadily over the next 12 months. In the long term (1 year and beyond) UNO needs more than that us collectors though to stay relevant.

I have a feeling if you'd create a UNO-clone today - same specs but as a rapid-mining PoW/PoS clone - markets would go berserk on that thing...
edit: not that I encourage such a thing, we're being spammed with Blackcoin clones as it is.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
Cryptonator.com exchange rate website has added support for UNO... http://www.cryptonator.com/rates/UNO-BTC
Activity: 112
sellwall at 0.007 is too obvious fake. Remove it. thx
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Can anyone here help me set up a 10.7gh/s asic v2 blade miner for Uno?

I've downloaded cgminer, powered up the blade and can open it's configuration page but unfortunately that's where my expertise ends!  Cool

You will need to use the stratum-mining-proxy to connect to Stratum pools such as miningpool.co.

The V2 blades only allow connection to a pushpool server.

The stratum-mining-proxy will allow you to connect a pushpool miner to a stratum server.

http://mining.bitcoin.cz/mining-proxy-howto
Activity: 91
For help configuring your hardware, you might have better luck in one of the hardware support forum's.
There are quite a few good UNO mining pools you can check out. Two that come to mind:

un.coinmine.pl
Miningpool.co

Feel free to recommend other UNO pools.
I did check the hardware forums first with no luck and was also surprised how little info the pools gave, although I did email a couple of them for help.

I was hoping there would be someone on this forum mining with the same gear who could point me in the right direction.

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/

I've downloaded cgminer, powered up the blade and can open it's configuration page but unfortunately that's where my expertise ends!  Cool

For help configuring your hardware, you might have better luck in one of the hardware support forum's.
There are quite a few good UNO mining pools you can check out. Two that come to mind:

un.coinmine.pl
Miningpool.co

Feel free to recommend other UNO pools.

Activity: 91

Activity: 89
UNO is definitely not dying..... Grin
I agree that this is a strange market to trade in
Its a very special market
And no, we are not going to sell out coins this cheap

UNO will succeed because eventually the right people will own the coins at the right time and the price will rise exponentially
UNO traders are patient
What the UNO market does need is a new "generation" of supporters on top of the ones it has already...this will come if we help get the word out
We need the other coin traders to see the value that this coins holds!!!
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Trading this coin feels like a mexican standoff. Nobody wants to make the first move.

Its pretty obvious most UNO holders son't want to sell their coins this cheap, but:
A) either nobody wants them, or
B) people who want to buy them care very much about not raising price too fast and are very patient.

It feels strange trading in this market. Either the coin is dying, or it is preparing for something big... a high risk/reward scenario.

The bot owns the market right now.  People buy it up to .007 or even higher and the bot trades it right back down.  People sell it down to .005 and the bot buys it right back up.  I think it is safe to say someone is accumulating a ton of UNO by shaking out some long term holders and it is just a matter of time.  I suspect it won't be long, the volume has already dropped dramatically in the last week.
Trading this coin feels like a mexican standoff. Nobody wants to make the first move.

Its pretty obvious most UNO holders son't want to sell their coins this cheap, but:
A) either nobody wants them, or
B) people who want to buy them care very much about not raising price too fast and are very patient.

It feels strange trading in this market. Either the coin is dying, or it is preparing for something big... a high risk/reward scenario.

I bought this T-Shirt for 8.32782200 UNO + 0.001 fee = 8.32882200 Unobtanium total from http://www.51attack.com/shop/unocoin-t-shirt/.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 504
I want to spend some Unobtanium on a product or service.  Where can I find merchants that accept UNO?
You can go through the Store Directory on here for some:  https://www.coinpayments.net/index.php?cmd=home

There was also a purportedly reliable guy selling silver for UNO a while back.

There is that gambling site - not my thing, though.

Probably others, too.  You may even ask someone if they will accept it for whatever you want.  Likely someone already into BTC, of course, but you know what I mean....
I want to spend some Unobtanium on a product or service.  Where can I find merchants that accept UNO?
I am trading UNO on Mintpal, come on people and join the fun!  Cheesy

Right now it feels like I am trading with myself, so little action. Mintpal is hands down the best echange there is right now and we need some volume to keep UNO listed. It is currently the lowest volume BTC market there, which is a shame as UNO is such a great coin.

I'm there! Bought some at 0056 over night. I try to cycle them through and close the spread when I can. Need to have the market ready for buyers. I try keep at least 200 coins over there, but people buy 'em up and move out (probably to Cryptopus' dice game)!  :-)
Cool, coins looking for new owners might get lucky then. But since the price is basically fixed at 0.6 ATM, its hard to actually get a good trade going. I noticed volume on Cryptsy has also dropped significantly (was over 10x as high only a short time back)...
Mintpal is hands down the best echange there is right now

why do you say this?  What are the benefits of mintpal over other exchanges?
Fair question. tl;dr: personal tastes (UI), security, reliability, volume, traded coins

Mostly personal preference and experiences. I started trading on Cryptsy, but interesting new coins were missing, I had repeated performance issues and deposits/withdrawals would often take forever. So I started branching out and used all kinds of exchanges, most of them were pretty bad, many have since gone down or are in denial.

Then Mintpal opened and I immediately noticed those guys knew what they were doing - not some hobby project, but a real platform. Since then they've grown exponentially and I'm still happy. I've never encountered a serious issue. Deposits arrive and go out very fast, which is also a big plus. Its just overall the smoothest experience I've had with an exchange. Recent volume has been huge and in the end volume is important for an exchange and coins on there to thrive. That's why I think keeping UNO on there would be good.

I use and like several other exchanges (mostly Cryptsy, Poloniex and Bittrex) and am in no way affiliated with them, just want to give a thorough explanation to your question.
Jump to: