Author

Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Hardfork block 1042000 - Merge Mine w/BTC! - page 783. (Read 1046651 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Nice job, UNO community!

Mintpal support says they will be keeping UNO on for "a little while yet."   I'm optimistic we'll keep this market.

---
Hi FK,

We agree with you and acknowledge that we were a little hasty in announcing the UNO removal. We added the coin and it never really got any volume. However once we announced the de-listing, a surprising number of UNO supporters came forward to ask that we keep the coin. Whilst we haven't yet made a formal announcement to that affect, we will be keeping UNO on for a little while yet.

Thanks
--------------
Kind Regards,
MintPal Jason

very good. Let's bring some volume there. Also don't forget to fill the markets at https://comkort.com a little bit. There is not much on the books right now. Especially LTC/UN is pretty empty.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 361
One minute candles of UNO/BTC - Unobtanium (Live) on Cryptsy:

http://altcoinlive.com/?133
Get Unobtanium listed on new altcoin ranking site.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-coingeckocom-360-degree-cryptocurrency-valuation-and-ranking-561516

Hi folks,

Today we are proud to announce the launch of CoinGecko.com -  a website that aims to rank cryptocurrencies based on quantitative measures such as:

Liquidity
    Developer Activity
    Community

Coins are evaluated using our Gecko algorithm with a methodology that incorporates all the above key aspects. Coins are given a Gecko Score to be benchmarked and ranked against other cryptocurrencies.

Your Favorite Altcoin Not Listed Here?

Each week we will be adding a few new altcoins to this ranking. If you want to see your coin on this ranking earlier, drop us an email at [email protected] with some comments and feedback.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
I have created a provably fair dice game:

http://cryptap.us/uno/dice

Note that the bets are quite limited at the moment due to my limited reserves. If you feel like donating to raise the limits you can find my UNO address at the bottom of the page.

If it eats you coins, PM me and if we can verify in the block chain I will refund.

Feedback is welcome.

I've added a coinbomb game to the above link. Please let me know of any issues.

Edit:
More dice games opened, some limits raised.

Don't you have enough of my UNO yet?? Now you want the rest of it? :-)
Activity: 626
Merit: 504
I have created a provably fair dice game:

http://cryptap.us/uno/dice

Note that the bets are quite limited at the moment due to my limited reserves. If you feel like donating to raise the limits you can find my UNO address at the bottom of the page.

If it eats you coins, PM me and if we can verify in the block chain I will refund.

Feedback is welcome.

I've added a coinbomb game to the above link. Please let me know of any issues.

Edit:
More dice games opened, some limits raised.
legendary
keybase.io/fallingknife/

Nice job, UNO community!

Mintpal support says they will be keeping UNO on for "a little while yet."   I'm optimistic we'll keep this market.

---
Hi FK,

We agree with you and acknowledge that we were a little hasty in announcing the UNO removal. We added the coin and it never really got any volume. However once we announced the de-listing, a surprising number of UNO supporters came forward to ask that we keep the coin. Whilst we haven't yet made a formal announcement to that affect, we will be keeping UNO on for a little while yet.

Thanks
--------------
Kind Regards,
MintPal Jason
now i get it - the community is about to take over. Nice developement.
I love that idea of that crypto for precious metal exchange. Could be some paperwork but also good buisiness for someone willing to take that up.
A real exchange of crypto to gold/silver/platin (contracts and/or physical shipped maybe even free market) would be great news. I would do it myself if i only had the time to do it. Might do it on a later stage if nobody else comes up. Exchange not webshop i am talking.  If that could be established uno would be the cryptochoice since such an exchange doesn't even exist for bitcoin (at least i did not see that so far).
Could also be a kind of ebay for precious metal without fiat involved. Lots of possibilities there.
legendary
keybase.io/fallingknife/
.. durrr this rock is valuable because it is shiny.
...while it will never be totally liquid, i think its positive features make it an excellent store of value.
some people would tell you not to invest in platinum.  ...

-

How about this:  Unobtanium CAN be a store of value, if the community starts to 'cover' it by maintaining it's value.  Not selling below a point, and always keeping enough BTC (or fiat, or PM, or...etc.) on-hand to buy below that point.

Interesting thought. I'm open to new ideas.  How might this work, in theory? Create a transparent entity (non-profit org?) to hold a commodity that would stake UNO to it?  UNO staked to the value of the commodity?  
It's actually a quite interesting concept the more I think of it. You could NEVER do this with DOGE because of unlimited mintage, but because UNO is virtually minted out already, it creates new possibilities like this. I know we're a little "out there" with this theoretical discussion, but how might this work with UNO?
Activity: 1260
Merit: 504
.. durrr this rock is valuable because it is shiny.
...while it will never be totally liquid, i think its positive features make it an excellent store of value.
some people would tell you not to invest in platinum.  ...

I just wouldn't say never on that one.  Realistically, we can assume your statement is correct, but this is open-ended.  There is nothing saying the BTC world doesn't switch over to UNO because evil people took over BTC and they wanted a fresh start.  Smiley

Ok, what if a SELF-SUFFICIENT community decided to use UNO?  That's a very easy thing to do.  Boom!  Total liquidity in that community!  If we can easily accomplish total liquidity in our minds, it can't be all that tough to manifest, if that's what we decide to do.

People have yet to use ANY crypto remotely close to it's potential.  Why not UNO?

-

How about this:  Unobtanium CAN be a store of value, if the community starts to 'cover' it by maintaining it's value.  Not selling below a point, and always keeping enough BTC (or fiat, or PM, or...etc.) on-hand to buy below that point.

With the limited quantity, this CAN be accomplished.

Members of the UNO community are already included in a 'Value Club', whether they know it or not.

Congratulations!
Revisiting the idea of daily maintenance cost for altcoins as one of many ways to help determine value.

"The calculation is simple = you multiply the coins issued per day, by the current value in dollars, to work out how much money needs to flow in that day just to maintain the current price."

http://altcointrading.weebly.com/1/post/2014/03/method-5-the-daily-maintenance-cost.html

How many UNO mined every day on average?

60uno  (480 blocks per day at 0.125uno)
Revisiting the idea of daily maintenance cost for altcoins as one of many ways to help determine value.

"The calculation is simple = you multiply the coins issued per day, by the current value in dollars, to work out how much money needs to flow in that day just to maintain the current price."

http://altcointrading.weebly.com/1/post/2014/03/method-5-the-daily-maintenance-cost.html

How many UNO mined every day on average?
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Ok. Then maybe I'm just paranoid and somehow it's a multipool that's so large, it's able to mess up the difficulty algorithm on a consistent basis for 2.5 weeks in a row on a 3 hour cycle.

I didn't say you were wrong, and I certainly thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention. It definitely seems fishy to me, but I'm not a tech guy.  I saw you pop into IRC the other day and alert the guys, so I think we can safely assume they are looking into it.  Not sure what else to say or do at this point.  If Bryce isn't overly concerned, I'm not sure we should be.  He has a ton at stake.

Worst case scenario, an attacker is pulling down 50 coins a day after the halving (based upon your analysis of deposits to that address) and will continue until it is fixed.  Not a huge amount at this point.
SirSmokesAlot, I'm a big UNO fan for all the reasons that FK mentions, plus a few more.  

It is a bitcoin analog - just rarer, and faster.   People often buy LTC just to transfer around to exchanges when they want to make fast purchases.  I do it with UNO.  It is a pure coin in a day and age where pure coins simply don't exist anymore.  There are very few coins without a premine these days.  They all have X% reserved for dev payment, or bounties, or IPO's, or what have you.  Not to mention the devs and the community are just fantastic.  There are a ton of long term holders here.  People that own significant percentages of UNO and who aren't selling.  Just because they believe that one day this coin will be worth as much or more than BTC itself.
Activity: 434
Ok. Then maybe I'm just paranoid and somehow it's a multipool that's so large, it's able to mess up the difficulty algorithm on a consistent basis for 2.5 weeks in a row on a 3 hour cycle.
I still worry the coin has been under a timewarp attack for ~2 weeks though and someone is minting a large number of coins at inaccurate difficulties?

I tweeted at Bryce Weiner (dev of P$ and other coins and who holds at least 6k UNO) and he had this to say about it:  https://twitter.com/BryceWeiner/status/452520388220559360

So.  I think we can safely assume the UNO dev is aware of it and is investigating it. 

Activity: 434
I still worry the coin has been under a timewarp attack for ~2 weeks though and someone is minting a large number of coins at inaccurate difficulties?
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
No apologies are needed, thank you for your reply! I think you said it all pretty well.

I like uno because it hasn't been plagued with issues like some other coins out there. Well there was talk of a potential issue a day or so ago. That and the way the rewards halve, not being spot on. Other than that it has been rock steady since October. I plan on holding what I have though. So far there is no reason to not like this coin  Cheesy
Jump to: