Pages:
Author

Topic: (Unofficial) [ANN] Litecoin [LTC] to X11 algorithm hardfork - page 11. (Read 68442 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
LTC needs to stay scrypt to support and benefit from the scrypt asics. Why can't you just be content with mining Darkcoin? There are plenty of GPU farms out there that will certainly switch to that coin once the 250Mh KnC units begin arriving.

Agree, change the coin which mines X11, I mine DRK and I`m very satisfied.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
LTC needs to stay scrypt to support and benefit from the scrypt asics. Why can't you just be content with mining Darkcoin? There are plenty of GPU farms out there that will certainly switch to that coin once the 250Mh KnC units begin arriving.

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I find it very concerning that the main developers aren't behind this and may not even have had an opportunity to view this proposal, let alone comment on it. I also find it very concerning how lightly these guys are taking the idea of a hard fork. To hard fork a chain as established as Litecoin is without some chain-breaking emergency going on (i.e. Scrypt found to be completely broken), you need at least a year and a very good plan. The premise of leaving a placeholder for the new client downloads and making it seem like a block has already been chosen for the fork is misleading at best, if not outright fraudulent.

Therefore, in the interest of protecting the Bitcoin community, I have rightly flagged this thread as unofficial. You should be ashamed of having posted this.

Thank you for doing this. Going renegade is not the way to go about enacting what someone may think is "the correct change."
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
I find it very concerning that the main developers aren't behind this and may not even have had an opportunity to view this proposal, let alone comment on it. I also find it very concerning how lightly these guys are taking the idea of a hard fork. To hard fork a chain as established as Litecoin is without some chain-breaking emergency going on (i.e. Scrypt found to be completely broken), you need at least a year and a very good plan. The premise of leaving a placeholder for the new client downloads and making it seem like a block has already been chosen for the fork is misleading at best, if not outright fraudulent.

Therefore, in the interest of protecting the Bitcoin community, I have rightly flagged this thread as unofficial. You should be ashamed of having posted this.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
decentralized = anti ASIC
ASIC gives the Hash to a few people only. The idea of LTC was anti ASIC.

So go for it

THIS.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
Is this thread really going to reach 10 pages before the

APRIL FOOLS !

post ?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
This won't take off no exchange will switch to this retarded version of Litecoin.
I think that they would go the way 51% will...
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
What are you so scared of? Let asic take over scrypt coins then gpu farms can start supporting other coins that are more asic resistant. The value of any coin is in its community, which leads to global acceptance. Grow the community and the coin becomes more valuable
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Just leave it alone. Change is good
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
This won't take off no exchange will switch to this retarded version of Litecoin.
Activity: 131
I talked to a guy with a farm that has over 200 GPUs. He supports this. It scares him that a little guy can buy an ASIC device and blow him away in hashing power. Much investment so little hashing.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Meep
This is a blantant scheme to HIJACK LTC
Changing algo is thinking from Miner's Perspective.
I don't think people who are  pure traders of LTC
will appreciate it when they found out they are having
problem sending and receiving coins because some
rookies decide to hijack the transaction processing
method from "scrypt" to "x11".

Please, don't spread FUD.

When a majority supports this hardfork, there's no "hijacking". It's blockchain democracy.

It will probably take months to prepare everything and we will be careful.
All of us have a big stake in LTC and we won't take the risk to see it vaporize.

We are not satisfied with current development for Litecoin, it's very conservative, no decisions are made to secure it's future.
And as I said before, block 564,480 isn't set in concrete. There's a lot of work to be done.
Activity: 1034
Is there a mailing list I can join? Also, with out a substantial amount of hash to find blocks at the current difficulty how are you going to continue the chain?

We expect enough GPU miners to stay on Litecoin, the coin itself doesn't change, only the algorithm does.
We could calculate a drop in difficulty when the coin is hardforked, to anticipate the loss of hashingpower from existing scrypt ASICS but we doubt if it is needed.

A lot of GPU miners are moving over to X11 already.
Hirocoin and Darkcoin have a great future ahead.
Activity: 308
Is there a mailing list I can join? Also, with out a substantial amount of hash to find blocks at the current difficulty how are you going to continue the chain?

We expect enough GPU miners to stay on Litecoin, the coin itself doesn't change, only the algorithm does.
We could calculate a drop in difficulty when the coin is hardforked, to anticipate the loss of hashingpower from existing scrypt ASICS but we doubt if it is needed.

+1 Darkcoin will be so big...
Activity: 395
This is a blantant scheme to HIJACK LTC
Changing algo is thinking from Miner's Perspective.
I don't think people who are  pure traders of LTC
will appreciate it when they found out they are having
problem sending and receiving coins because some
rookies decide to hijack the transaction processing
method from "scrypt" to "x11".

Activity: 434
I support this too, but you will need alot of hashing power won't you?
Activity: 121

This is a surefire way to kill the coin. Take a look at "Hirocoin" for example, a botnet is creating 600k a day and lets face it when the others catch on its going to be a bloodbath.
legendary
Activity: 1456

legendary
Activity: 1456
copy DRK,this coin will certainly not succeed
just mine darkcoin.....its at the stage litecoin was at in late 2012 - but with better features.
Activity: 543
without ASICs LTC will never get to the moon   Angry

There are ASICS for LTC and I don't yet see a moon.
This is because you are total n00b. First BTC ASICs arrived in early 2013, and than huge amount in september-october of 2013. And then in november booom, BTC price explodes. If there were not BTC ASICs, today BTC price would be around 30 USD max. ASICs are next step for every major crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: