Pages:
Author

Topic: (Unofficial) [ANN] Litecoin [LTC] to X11 algorithm hardfork - page 7. (Read 68442 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
This idea won't work, and if it does, not the way you intended to.
PMB
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
So we need an successful 51% attack for the fork?

We need a majority of pools, exchanges and users to update their clients / daemons to the new hardfork.
The blockcount of 564,480 is not set in concrete and may be subject to changes until we have a large enough support base for the hardfork.

Hi,

Let me get something straight. You fork the Coin but changing the algorithm will only make a new coin right? Litecoin will not change if the clients don't change to the fork right?

Although this is a good idea it doesn't sound feasible. Litecoin is a stable coin in the community and in reality you'll only be creating a new coin because I dhought that a majority of the ltc community (exchanges included) will go this way.

In reality even if the exchanges accept this coin it is more likely to be a LTCx as someone suggest than LTC itself.

Just my humble opinion.

regards,

P.
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
TL;DR

This is a new coin, NOT Litecoin - they just take the name since they hardfork from the blockchain aka your addresses are still there but you can't sell those as "scrypt" LTC, it's an entirely different blockchain and the coin name is just missleading - better call them xLTC.

This has zero impact on the original LTC - xLTC is just another shit-coin...
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240
Thread-puller extraordinaire
OP, are you using someone else's account to post this thread?

It's just that all your previous posts on this forum are, well, considerably less verbose and littered with odd habits such as double commas, something that is *entirely* absent from your posts on this thread and topic.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
Let me correct this for you.
You are not a LTC dev, you are a "dev" who wants to meddle with LTC algo
You want to create a LTC for to introduce a new coin
You are intentionally misleading people for your own profit
Activity: 658
Merit: 252
While initially sounds like great idea - it isn't.

First of all, I'm using just GPU for mining. No ASIC.

But - ASIC's is thing that will keep LTC afloat. Hardfork to X11 will just plummet it to ground.

Why? Again -ASIC's. Big bucks invest into it, and this is what will keep it's price up.
I do hope there will be decent X11 alt-coins which can keep up the price so they are profitable for regular GPU miners.
But, hardforking LTC will most likely be it's doom.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
Would be the best thing litecoin is dying because of Asic miner and will always farther down no action is taken, the big production companies have operated ogy Their machines are destroying the currency and currently Has 80% of the asci miner digging on this one thing and also ridiculous comes to an asci 100,000 Khash and if you put a company which Has 200 asci in stock functional and enabled on excavation explain you Because we are still falling, and with this it also leads down behind the bitcoin they need to monetize
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
asics made for ltc is showing the support for the coin
i myself bought more ltc cus of asic miners ( fpga )

if u or any one changes the algo to be gpu only again i will dump all my ltc

asics will make ltc harder to mine tus price will go up ( take that away and ) no ty

other coins will take over for the gpu users  ( gpu,s cost way more power to keep the network secure and stable )
Feel free to do so, i'm sure there will be plenty of people that will take your coins Wink
Also what does lead you that big ASIC farm owner will not attack the blockchain with 51%+?
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
LET VOTE  WHO WANNA TO FUCT OP'S MOM
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
You don't need the pools or miners.

All you need to get to change are the Fiat exchanges.  Everyone else will be forced to follow.

Basically get BTC-E to change, and maybe the chinese exchanges, and you're set.

Everyone else will have no choice.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Stop trolling, you aren't going to fork it and even if you tried its not going to work. You have zero support from any major exchanges or pools on this, and I can personally guarantee that no developers, Charlie/Warren/anyone else on the team is working with you.

This is a pointless thread made to spread FUD about LTC.

+1
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Litecoin Association Director
Stop trolling, you aren't going to fork it and even if you tried its not going to work. You have zero support from any major exchanges or pools on this, and I can personally guarantee that no developers, Charlie/Warren/anyone else on the team is working with you.

This is a pointless thread made to spread FUD about LTC.
Activity: 38
I get that the diff will go up. And that at first there will be some people that have a lot more power then others.

But in the end BTC is all ASIC and it isn't centralized it is still decentralized. Which was my original question to you.

I mean I do not know what will happen in the future for BTC.

But that is my second point. *soap box* We should be focused on new features of ways to use the BTC poof of concept. There are so many new ideas. LTC was a poof of concept that Scypt can be used. Doge or rather lottoCoin or whichever came first proved that you can have a stable coin with variable block rewards. Peer and Mint proved you can have Poof-Of-Stack a.k.a built in interest. SecureCoin proved you can have multi-agorithm. Etc...

I guess my main point it the only thing diff about this coin is they want to be GPU resistant. Which.. in my opinion is fighting a loosing battle from the get go. All these new coins that come out that appear to provide pretty much nothing new to the picture except maybe a few tweaks/changes to out it gives out rewards or how many coins there be. All of which is kinda interesting. But its kinda like if someone was to make a clone of CentOS and called it... New Awesome OS and the only change they made was the background of Gnome which nobody will use anyway cuz everyone is gonna SSH into it.

Activity: 140
The OP is not Litecoin dev, if you want to clone, then clone. Don't try to ack like you are Litecoin dev. You cannot do anything about Litecoin. If you are not Coblee, or Warren, or Pooler, please don't BS.
We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice
You have some valid points but 60 day roi...really?

Fixed difficulty in your calculations or what?

Here:
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=180.00&p=350.00&pc=0.11&pf=1&d=5006860589.20540000&r=25.00000000&er=487.39000000&hc=460

thanks for your 30 mins Smiley

just little correction with your antminer

ANTMINER S1 Dual Blades Spec
Hash rate: 180 GH/s
Power consumption: about 360 W from the wall

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

check this caclulator

there is more than 172 days and still -0,2 btc. Imagine ROI. 200 days + And during these 200+ days will diff raising and raising, so because of that I dont wanna buy any asic. Its pure pyramide game. Only real smart profit has manufacturers, other can just keep mined coins and wait for price growing. Its way too, everyone's choice

You are most welcome! ^.^

And I just got 4 in this week. On BTCGuild they have made a little less then 1/6th of the BTC back that I spent on them already and its been 5 1/2 days so far. So.. yeah.. been mining with those things pretty well. Although power wise not so good. I also got CoinTerras. Those...are... beautiful. ^.^
congrats, but be sure that within 40 days you'll have just 25% daily income from now
calc on coinwarz sucks
did you look at calc I posted ?

I did. However I would like to note a few things.
1. The start date needs to be -5. (Which is important)
2. I bought these before the lastest massive price drop. I bought them like 10 or 11 days ago when BTC was actually over 600 and looking like it was finally over all that MtGox crap. The bitcoinwisdom doesn't account for possible increases in price. I wont sell my coin with the current price. So change the calc to -5 adn price of 600. And you see an ROI of 63 days. ^.^

Another thing to point out is how long it will take to get back the BTC. Never minding its value. The idea is. If I am setting on some BTC waiting till its value is high so I can sell it for whatever reason. Lets say its hookers and blow. Is there something I can do to increase the amount I already have? The only to ways I know is to either one mine more. Or two do micro trading or something along those lines. I attempt to do both. It would take roughly 114 days according to bitcoinwisdom to get the amount of coin back again. But I can still keep mining. In fact before it becomes completely pointless to mine with my current rig. I am going to get roughly a whole coin out of it! ^.^ So I was setting on 3.5ish coin. 6 months from now I will have 4.5 and power costs not with standing I got a who other btc.

Is this the best way to make money.  Nah going to school, getting an education, and whoring yourself out to people is the best way to make money. But its a fun hobby!

Although its a risk of course. Will the price really rise again? I assume that it will. And I can afford it (the running cost of these miners is like 35 bucks a month)

But thanks for your updates and unlike some people on the interwebs not simply calling me a nazi fagot from the moon and i need to take my meds or something like that. :-P
anyway, its all about btc price, if is high, everyone is fine, if not every is nervous...Smiley
We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice
I have to repost this from MaGNeT Smiley Imagine that you've got few titans right now:) and compare earnings, I thing ROI within few days...

This is what will happen when the market is flooded with scrypt ASIC's.
It's the reason why algo's like X11 will be sole survivors in just a few months from now:

http://cnc.blocksolved.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

Activity: 38
You have some valid points but 60 day roi...really?

Fixed difficulty in your calculations or what?

Here:
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=180.00&p=350.00&pc=0.11&pf=1&d=5006860589.20540000&r=25.00000000&er=487.39000000&hc=460

thanks for your 30 mins Smiley

just little correction with your antminer

ANTMINER S1 Dual Blades Spec
Hash rate: 180 GH/s
Power consumption: about 360 W from the wall

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

check this caclulator

there is more than 172 days and still -0,2 btc. Imagine ROI. 200 days + And during these 200+ days will diff raising and raising, so because of that I dont wanna buy any asic. Its pure pyramide game. Only real smart profit has manufacturers, other can just keep mined coins and wait for price growing. Its way too, everyone's choice

You are most welcome! ^.^

And I just got 4 in this week. On BTCGuild they have made a little less then 1/6th of the BTC back that I spent on them already and its been 5 1/2 days so far. So.. yeah.. been mining with those things pretty well. Although power wise not so good. I also got CoinTerras. Those...are... beautiful. ^.^
congrats, but be sure that within 40 days you'll have just 25% daily income from now
calc on coinwarz sucks
did you look at calc I posted ?

I did. However I would like to note a few things.
1. The start date needs to be -5. (Which is important)
2. I bought these before the lastest massive price drop. I bought them like 10 or 11 days ago when BTC was actually over 600 and looking like it was finally over all that MtGox crap. The bitcoinwisdom doesn't account for possible increases in price. I wont sell my coin with the current price. So change the calc to -5 adn price of 600. And you see an ROI of 63 days. ^.^

Another thing to point out is how long it will take to get back the BTC. Never minding its value. The idea is. If I am setting on some BTC waiting till its value is high so I can sell it for whatever reason. Lets say its hookers and blow. Is there something I can do to increase the amount I already have? The only to ways I know is to either one mine more. Or two do micro trading or something along those lines. I attempt to do both. It would take roughly 114 days according to bitcoinwisdom to get the amount of coin back again. But I can still keep mining. In fact before it becomes completely pointless to mine with my current rig. I am going to get roughly a whole coin out of it! ^.^ So I was setting on 3.5ish coin. 6 months from now I will have 4.5 and power costs not with standing I got a who other btc.

Is this the best way to make money.  Nah going to school, getting an education, and whoring yourself out to people is the best way to make money. But its a fun hobby!

Although its a risk of course. Will the price really rise again? I assume that it will. And I can afford it (the running cost of these miners is like 35 bucks a month)

But thanks for your updates and unlike some people on the interwebs not simply calling me a nazi fagot from the moon and i need to take my meds or something like that. :-P
Activity: 15
Sounds good. LTC need as many as possible people to take part in. ASIC resistance should be necessary, otherwise, LTC will lose lots of people. This can also prevent 51% attack.
Activity: 135
for ltc,  very good news.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io
I would like to see that happenning!
Pages:
Jump to: