Pages:
Author

Topic: Urgent! Need to raise ~$1,200 USD in 24 hrs for South Pole expedition. - page 4. (Read 15380 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 286
Neptune, Scalable Privacy
Now, with all due respect, I'm having a very difficult time gettin' my head wrapped around the two different spellings of Faysal/Faycal.
[...]

Noooo! Don't tell me this was a ..... I:
- Am french
- Donated
- Sent the link to numerous people, including my boss

Please? Grin
Make your own research. All questions have been answered. This is legit. Confirm with coindesk.com journalist Richard Boase, or the respected forum members bg002h, or Goat.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
Donated a bit and tagged the address  Wink
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
Now, with all due respect, I'm having a very difficult time gettin' my head wrapped around the two different spellings of Faysal/Faycal.
[...]

This cannot be a scam, since I

- Am french
- Donated
- Sent the link to numerous people, including my boss
- Received a coulpe pms from Sword Smith, the son of the hero. (He's a broker, but that can be forgiven, I guess.)

EDIT : Post edited as per Sword Smith requirements. Hope it's more to your liking, now?
There has been some confusion on the name. His name is "Fayçal Hanneche" but I have accidently written it as "Faycal Hanneche" on the sticker. The letter "ç" does not exist in Scandinavia where Fayçal has lived for many years so he has "internationalized" his name. The "international" version is Faysal, not Faycal.
Faysal needed to raise 60K euros for the expedition, but opt to allow a guy he just met, Thorkil...
Hold on right there! In the PM I sent you, I proved that I have known Faycal since 1999 when I was 12 years old. We both lived in Norway at the time. At this place: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cross_Nordic_United_World_College

All this is included in the PM that I sent you. Did you even read it?

I have also answered your question on the ambiguity of the names to the best of my ability.

That said, again I apologize if I'm off base and totally off my rocker with this, but seriously, something is not adding up right in my head. Maybe it's the hole from rod.
Check the PM that I sent you and all the replies and have written on this. I sent the same PM to "bg002h" from this forum. And he was able to use the information in the PM and a correspondence with the coindesk journalist to validate my claims. I have probably made some mistakes too so there is no reason to apologize. BUT. Please stop asking questions I have already answered. I have better things to do than sit here and press F5 in order to prove my honest intentions.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Wow! Things are moving fast! Strong work all!

The only thing left is pulling a flag outta our ass in less than 48 hours, but Frank over at Reddit is on it. I PMed Jason King to see if there's anyway for him to lean a hand. We are so close!

Under $300 USD now, so it looks like money won't be a problem: https://blockchain.info/address/1Gt1anYr6gEuiNgacFouhy4RUNQFH3YY9Y

~TMIBITW

The 15 BTC are there...  Any new word on the flag fabrication/delivery status?

Frank over at Reddit has a final design that he's going with and is planning on delivering it to Faysal.
legendary
This is awesome. All thanks to Phin for setting this up!

Thanks, bud, and I truly enjoyed the challenge.

The French TV News at 1:12 has the spelling as Faysal: http://videos.tf1.fr/jt-we/2013/apres-le-pole-nord-il-part-a-la-conquete-du-pole-sud-8294890.html I'm sure that they would have taken the time to make sure his name is spelled correctly.

All of Faysal's official pages spells his own name Faysal.

Thorkil, in the original OP of the first South Pole thread spelled it Faysal, but later edited the entire OP to reflect a new spelling--Faycal--first time seen.

Thorkil's FB page has the following: https://www.facebook.com/thvaerge

Første presseomtale for Sirius Money! Vi sponsorerer Faysal Hanneche, der drager på solo-ekspedition til Sydpolen den 5. november.

Adventurer to make first ever bitcoin transaction from the South Pole
www.coindesk.com

Frenchman Faycal Hanneche may soon be the first person to make a bitcoin purchase from the South Pole.

Assumingly, the last quote is almost an exact quote from the CoinDesk article: http://www.coindesk.com/adventurer-make-first-ever-bitcoin-transaction-south-pole/

...Frenchman Faysal Hanneche may soon be the first person to make a digital currency purchase from the South Pole.

Concerning the last quote, Richard Boase makes the same exact mistake on his FB page, of which there's no Faycal spelling in the CoinDesk article: https://www.facebook.com/richard.boase

Richard Boase shared a link.
Yesterday near London, England, United Kingdom

My first article on coin desk: http://www.coindesk.com/adventurer-make-first-ever-bitcoin-transaction-south-pole/

Adventurer to make first ever bitcoin transaction from the South Pole
www.coindesk.com

Frenchman Faycal Hanneche may soon be the first person to make a bitcoin purchase from the South Pole.

Thorkil claims that Faysal told him that he prefers the Faycal spelling. If that's the case, then why didn't Richard Boase use that spelling in the CoinDesk article, but somehow used it only once on his FB page.

With the exception of the CoinDesk article, Faysal has not once publically mentioned Bitcoin on any of his official sites.

Faysal needed to raise 60K euros for the expedition, but opt to allow a guy he just met, Thorkil, to control the Bitcoin donation wallet, reverting it back to him once he gets to Chile--if he survives. If he dies, the funds go to charity, according to Thorkil. Really! Not a single family member is even considered? Maybe it's a French thing.

That said, again I apologize if I'm off base and totally off my rocker with this, but seriously, something is not adding up right in my head. Maybe it's the hole from rod.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Cosmic Cubist
Wow! Things are moving fast! Strong work all!

The only thing left is pulling a flag outta our ass in less than 48 hours, but Frank over at Reddit is on it. I PMed Jason King to see if there's anyway for him to lean a hand. We are so close!

Under $300 USD now, so it looks like money won't be a problem: https://blockchain.info/address/1Gt1anYr6gEuiNgacFouhy4RUNQFH3YY9Y

~TMIBITW

The 15 BTC are there...  Any new word on the flag fabrication/delivery status?

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
This is awesome. All thanks to Phin for setting this up!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
Excellent, over 15 BTC.  Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
Love this community so much.
Richard, the author of the coindesk article, interviewed Faysal via both gmail and his public figure Facebook account and confirmed the Bitcoin address with Faysal (the brave explorer). This is as legit as it comes without signatures and irc logs.

I think we need some best practice guidelines so folks not as accustomed to computer nerd security culture can make themselves stand out more clearly from scammers.

Again...I believe this address to be valid and Thorkill (the big 6.8 BTC donor/Sirius money) to be legitimately acting on Faysal's behalf.
Thank you for settling this. I appreciate your enquiries.
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
donator
Richard, the author of the coindesk article, interviewed Faysal via both gmail and his public figure Facebook account and confirmed the Bitcoin address with Faysal (the brave explorer). This is as legit as it comes without signatures and irc logs.

I think we need some best practice guidelines so folks not as accustomed to computer nerd security culture can make themselves stand out more clearly from scammers.

Again...I believe this address to be valid and Thorkill (the big 6.8 BTC donor/Sirius money) to be legitimately acting on Faysal's behalf.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Is the flag ready?
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Googled this,  "Faysal Hanneche North Pole", seems legit, a few links from April this year,
legendary
Looks like the goal is essentially met (€2000).

A signed message from the donation address is the next step. (In retrospect ought to have been my first step and the first step of any bitcoin journalist).
Roger. I am in control of that. Does this work? Worked it out on Blockchain.info.

"Thorkil Værge is in control of Faycal Hanneche's bitcoin wallet and he will give Faycal his bitcoins when/if Faycal comes back from Antarctica. If he does not return (God forbid it) he will donate the bitcoins to charity"

Signature:
G4PRTIHYsp9c31e7rVo8vVv+GH7PEhhwukrb4nvNu0+DZ4IV9zwagaKOwyOx71UHUYjqkdD3XaeB26tyAqSHHAM=

Public Key of 1Gt1anYr6gEuiNgacFouhy4RUNQFH3YY9Y is 045363c16922eb9dd2439d6ef2dfd5a327bffbe4a2421780082aad7264bed3b96a42bd7fbc9df1e 5c92d5ead905ec56420f2c112fdf12b4cb65cebd1c93b251ba2

I believe most people were lead to believe that all the money donated was going to be controlled by Faysal. BTW, who is Faycal?

Sirius Money - Buy and sell bitcoins
Public PGP Key for Sirius Money - If I ever ask anyone to send me bitcoins, I will always sign that request with this key. If not, the request is invalid.

Public Key Server -- Get ``0x7d59b1b8cf8626fd ''

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: SKS 1.1.0
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=KIZi
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

http://www.coindesk.com/adventurer-make-first-ever-bitcoin-transaction-south-pole/

Since the trip to is costing a whopping €60,000, he is reaching out to the bitcoin community to raise the equivalent of €2,000, the standard price of sponsorship he charges for a sticker on his sled.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.boase

Richard Boase shared a link.
14 hours ago near London, England, United Kingdom
My first article on coin desk: http://www.coindesk.com/adventurer-make-first-ever-bitcoin-transaction-south-pole/

Most of the Coindesk article was gleaned from http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/130422/frenchman-aims-both-poles-year-world-first with a quote somehow my Faysal thrown in good measure.

I sure the hell hope that we weren't played yesterday (1:53AM local).

A signed message from the donation address is the next step. (In retrospect ought to have been my first step and the first step of any bitcoin journalist).
Roger. I am in control of that. Does this work? Worked it out on Blockchain.info.

"Thorkil Værge is in control of Faycal Hanneche's bitcoin wallet and he will give Faycal his bitcoins when/if Faycal comes back from Antarctica. If he does not return (God forbid it) he will donate the bitcoins to charity"

Signature:
G4PRTIHYsp9c31e7rVo8vVv+GH7PEhhwukrb4nvNu0+DZ4IV9zwagaKOwyOx71UHUYjqkdD3XaeB26tyAqSHHAM=

Public Key of 1Gt1anYr6gEuiNgacFouhy4RUNQFH3YY9Y is 045363c16922eb9dd2439d6ef2dfd5a327bffbe4a2421780082aad7264bed3b96a42bd7fbc9df1e 5c92d5ead905ec56420f2c112fdf12b4cb65cebd1c93b251ba2

Edit: Since these are Faysal's money, I will administrate them as he tells me to do. For any enquiries on this, I can prove his wishes if needed.
legendary
Activity: 2008
Merit: 1028
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
I commend your determination, but realistically you won't be anywhere near the south pole. Most likely a ice shelf off the coast of antarctica. I doubt they'll let you get near where you ought to go. But, you may be able to reach the North Pole which I think would be more interesting anyway.

It would be neat if you could get a Bitcoin flag directly under Polaris the North Star at the real North Pole. Everyone could follow the North Star to reach it.

donator

Pages:
Jump to: