Pages:
Author

Topic: US Debt Has Exploded - page 4. (Read 10025 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
February 16, 2016, 09:31:56 PM
Probably best solution is go back to nature far from city and create small self sufficient communities..
This is going to be only hope for many people i think.
Grown your own food and be more economical don't throw your money on
expensive unnecessary thing today. Save gold and silver and BTCs.
Learn new skills !

Even doing that might not be enough to be self-suficient.
You still would have to pay taxes and submit to the government's laws and regulations...

Everyone has pay taxes no matter what lol.

Its just a matter of what percent can you decrease it to is the real issue. You can see a whole documentary on that google double irish sanwich and how big corps do it.

But for us common folk who has no access to enormous power, yeah smurfing will catch up with you so quick. For those who dont know what smurfing is you can look it up lol.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
February 16, 2016, 09:28:01 PM
Personal bankruptcy proclaimed in agreement with the bank and the court,
and is the protection of those who fell into debt.
The goal is not to sanction the borrower, but he gets a possibility to re-start earning.

I think this also mean he is tax free because of proclamation of bankruptcy.
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 16, 2016, 08:13:37 PM
Probably best solution is go back to nature far from city and create small self sufficient communities..
Learn new skills !

Even doing that might not be enough to be self-suficient.
You still would have to pay taxes and submit to the government's laws and regulations...
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
February 16, 2016, 04:22:09 PM
Better question is how survive this scenario? And what we can see after this collapse?
Probably many people will be at the edge of starvation.
More homeless more sad stories..

Rest of the world i won't mention same will follow.

"US unemployment rate fell 0.1 percentage points in January 2016 to 4.9%.
The unemployment rate peaked in October 2009 at 10.0% and is now 5.1 "

More than 500,000 people homeless in the United States in 2015 but i can't get info about 2016.

And will be worse!

Learn new skills !
http://economicoutlook2015.com/economic-collapse-2015-51  *Maybe they mishit a year but read in any case.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
February 16, 2016, 02:29:47 PM
We've catapulted off the cliff and there is no looking back now. The inevitable collapse is going to come of fiat money. Hopefully we will return to a new honest system, whether it be bitcoin, gold and some other basket of commodities, who knows. Anything will be better than the farce we currently are enslaved to.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
February 16, 2016, 01:03:52 PM
Say thing is the U.S Government don't care about it at all. We are so much in debt that we can't help, the people that live in the U.S.A. But we have the money to help the others come take are right from us. 
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
February 16, 2016, 12:10:39 PM

First 224 years of existence: 5.674 trillion dollars
Next 8 Bush years: 4.350 trillion dollars
Next 7 Obama years: 8.126 trillion dollars

Compare what we've done in the last 15 years to what we did in the first 224 years. We've more than tripled in the last 15 years what it took 224 years to accumulate in debt.

To be lazy and use stereotypes, democrats spend too much and republicans tax too little. The truth is that both parties spend too much and tax too little. The current war spending is not sustainable. The current tax rates are not sustainable. Social Security and Medicaid are about to explode in expenditures. You simply cannot cut this level of debt by only cutting spending or only raising taxes. It will take substantial efforts on both ends to put things in order, and then it will take disciplined restraint and political will to stay on course over several decades to begin to fix this process.

Frankly, our politicians are not up to the challenge. Their incentive is re-election every 2 or 4 years, and this type of outlook is incompatible with the long-term approach necessary to fix what an utter mess the national finances have become.
that is massive of big debt,it just a bunch of paper,so many papper Grin that thing called "money" i wonder how can US have so many debt,and for what?from where they get that loan?
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
February 16, 2016, 07:27:27 AM
Yes, they do. They like cash paper dollars a lot until they launder them. Very, very many other people in the world hold paper dollars. You just don't see all of this from your basement.

Paper dollars do exist. Do you know what they are called? They are M0.

Do you know what M1, M2, M3 and all the rest are?

Now, how much M0 is there in the US? There is about $1.39 trillion dollars.

That's up from 2008:

http://visualeconomics.creditloan.com/the-value-of-united-states-currency-in-circulation/

That is all the US paper dollars and coins in the world. That's it.

Now, let's talk about assets. How much is all the real estate in the US worth? $14 trillion. How about all the stock? $22 trillion. How about the value of all the bonds? $37 trillion.

US Real estate + US stock + US bonds = 73 trillion

And that's just some of the assets owned by people in the US. The US GDP alone is 18 trillion.

Nobody holds dollars. Now, if you are saying some drug dealers has $20,000 in $100 bills somewhere for some period of time, sure. But in terms of economics and wealth, that is as meaningful as the $140 or so I have in my wallet right now.

yvv
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
February 15, 2016, 07:41:32 PM

This is not true. Many corruptionists in the world prefer to convert money, which they stole from people, into USD cash. Many poor people in the world, who are robbed by corruptioninsts prefer to save their little money in USD cash. This is a very popular savings asset so far.

No, corrupt people do not hold dollars. A bank deposit is not a dollar, it is a loan to a bank. A deposit of dollars in a bank doesn't just sit there. The dollars are lent out by the bank as debt. Nobody "holds dollars". I have the dollars in my wallet, that's it. My holdings are in stocks, bonds, real estate and a variety of other assets. None of those are dollars. The same goes for "corruptioninists", whatever you mean by that.

Yes, they do. They like cash paper dollars a lot until they launder them. Very, very many other people in the world hold paper dollars. You just don't see all of this from your basement.
February 15, 2016, 07:01:17 PM
I read once that there isn't that much money in the whole world as it is the US debt. To whom is the US so in debt? Mars?

Whatever you were reading was written by someone who knows absolutely nothing about money and economics.
February 15, 2016, 06:58:45 PM

Iran is now only accepting euro's in payment for oil,  China and Russia are now making trades directly in Yuan and Ruble bypassing the USD.

Russia/China is launching a SWIFT replacement.

Zimbabwe has dumped the USD for Yuan as a currency.

The USA will lose reserve currency status then your USD will be worth less than toilet paper before you know it due to drowing in debt.

Reality check:

1. Half of Iran's assets are still frozen by the US and other countries, about $50 billion dollars. Of course they don't want to trade in dollars, Iran's biggest trading partner is Europe. Russia the largest oil trading partner with China. Do you know who the #1 producer of oil in the world is? The United States.

2. SWIFT is an international transfer system that is not run by the US and which doesn't have much to do with the dollar. It is under the law of Belgium, if I remember correctly.

3. Zimbabwe did not dump the US currency at all. China forgave $10s of million in debt if they would also use the Yuan as a currency. Zimbabwe uses the South African rand and dollar as currencies and will continue to along with the yuan.

4. There is zero chance the US dollar will be worth "toilet paper" any time in the future. The US dollar has appreciated against almost all major currencies in the last 5 years including the Euro (1.5 -> 1.1), Japanese Yen (1.2 -> .87), Canadian dollar (1 -> .72), Swiss Franc (1.3 -> 1.01). Against the Yuan it's basically been flat in the last 5 years because the Yuan went up and down. It peaked around .165 dollar/cny and is now .15.

In the last 5 years, the Russian ruble has collapsed against the dollar. From .034 dollar/rub to .01 dollar/rub

February 15, 2016, 06:43:29 PM

This is not true. Many corruptionists in the world prefer to convert money, which they stole from people, into USD cash. Many poor people in the world, who are robbed by corruptioninsts prefer to save their little money in USD cash. This is a very popular savings asset so far.

No, corrupt people do not hold dollars. A bank deposit is not a dollar, it is a loan to a bank. A deposit of dollars in a bank doesn't just sit there. The dollars are lent out by the bank as debt. Nobody "holds dollars". I have the dollars in my wallet, that's it. My holdings are in stocks, bonds, real estate and a variety of other assets. None of those are dollars. The same goes for "corruptioninists", whatever you mean by that.
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
February 15, 2016, 05:58:12 PM
How i sthis news? Remember a year ago, and 3 years ago when they raised the debt ceiling? It is happening and it will keep on  happening again and again, until they can't raise anymore.
I guess it's a matter of years now.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
February 15, 2016, 03:39:27 PM
All new money = debt. All debt comes with interest. Therefore there is not enough money to pay back the debt.

Money supply must be constantly increased to pay back old debt. Money supply can only be increased by going further into debt.

why do people keep repeating this myth? Its a zero sum game...
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
February 15, 2016, 02:44:29 PM
I read once that there isn't that much money in the whole world as it is the US debt. To whom is the US so in debt? Mars?

Yeah so it means on average they just owe money to themselves. But to be complete your graph should include the debt of the institutions to other countries ^^
That graph doesn't show them owing money to themselves, it shows that >75% of the debt they owe is to organizations outside of the US government, and thus they still maintain huge amounts of debt that they can't just "wipe away".

They also show the percentage of debt owed to different countries, if they had to make a graph for every institution there would be more than 100 articles on the graph.
yvv
legendary
Activity: 1344
February 15, 2016, 02:26:33 PM

Yeah so it means on average they just owe money to themselves. But to be complete your graph should include the debt of the institutions to other countries ^^

US government owes most of money to several rich clans in USA and in other countries. These clans own US government through this debt. This is not the same as owing money to themselves.  
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
February 15, 2016, 12:11:46 PM
Oh Man Now I have to pay more dam Taxes. But good news BTC will always be safe bet with me.
Activity: 462
February 14, 2016, 10:20:37 AM

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
February 14, 2016, 10:08:53 AM

Activity: 378
February 14, 2016, 09:49:09 AM
Pages:
Jump to: