Pages:
Author

Topic: US economy - The media says we shouldn't be afraid - page 3. (Read 524 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
There was a lot of talk about recession in the last days and the media responded with analytics that shows that the US economy is still growing. For example in their output, employment rate and so on..
the stock market is stable for now but what do you think? Is it worth it to invest in big tech firms now or should we wait a year for a possible slump if recession really hit?
In order to determine when to buy, you need to learn about TA and FA. These are essential knowledge for you to evaluate whether a stock is good or not, whether it is worth buying now or not.
But according to what I analyze, I realize the stock market is better to invest now.
The US economy will continue to grow strongly when the Fed reduces interest rates in the next period.

with the interest rate reduction by the Fed will arouse the market surge, investors will arrive with fresh funds, and ultimately the American economy will improve. therefore it is very suitable to buy now with a relatively cheap price and good potential for the future
Activity: 474
Merit: 111
There was a lot of talk about recession in the last days and the media responded with analytics that shows that the US economy is still growing. For example in their output, employment rate and so on..
the stock market is stable for now but what do you think? Is it worth it to invest in big tech firms now or should we wait a year for a possible slump if recession really hit?
In order to determine when to buy, you need to learn about TA and FA. These are essential knowledge for you to evaluate whether a stock is good or not, whether it is worth buying now or not.
But according to what I analyze, I realize the stock market is better to invest now.
The US economy will continue to grow strongly when the Fed reduces interest rates in the next period.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
The media is right so far.
I see that the average payrate in the US is about 5100 USD gross which is well above the average payrate in Europe or elsewhere.
As long as these stats are true I would not be afraid at all even to invest in the tech giants.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
If we look historic data then after that kind inversion what we had last days stocks were pumping from 8% to 20% then fail
Last OECD data are showing that slowdown in global economy is maybe not over but much lower than before
So it may suggest that worst is over
But we have still trade war on horizon Brexit and  many unexpected events
Now stocks count on rates cut and stimuls
Powell will have his speech Friday so that is something to watch
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

A story always has two sides. US mainstream media is showing only one side of it. If you want to know the other side of the story, you need to look at 4 major economic indicators namely,

1. GDP
2. Consumer price index
3. Employment indicators
4. Manufacturing index etc.

While the GDP is doing just fine as of now, look at the manufacturing index in the below link,

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-06-03/u-s-manufacturing-index-dips-to-lowest-level-in-almost-a-decade

Employment index is also showing good growth and unemployment is decreasing slowly but steadily. See below link,

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

Consumer price index is recording double digit numbers and beating inflation means, the purchasing power of USD is on a decline. See the link below,

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/consumer-price-index-cpi

Conclusion: I am not an expert in economics but it is certain that the current status is not really showing a great picture. No one knows if we will see another depression but it is better to refrain from making big investments in US market.

Personal tip: Data will become the biggest commodity in next 5-10 years of time. Invest in such companies who controlls data of the masses. That may be beneficial for the future!
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
I am seeing the very opposie on my social media timelines because stocks seems to be plunging on the daily basis, Maybe it is some Liberal aganeda against President Trump or maybe it's because of the Trade War he himself initiated against the Chinese that has brought this about but it still seems that it's very early to start calling this a reccesion.
Activity: 193
Merit: 7
Pages:
Jump to: