Pages:
Author

Topic: USD inflation affect on BTC? - page 2. (Read 6869 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
November 17, 2012, 02:46:31 PM
what will happen to gold and silver if deflation sets in?   Undecided

Gold (and to a lesser extent, silver - more volatile market) will retain value even as the price drops.

i have a hard time believing that...
to me gold created a "fear inflation" bubble
selling gold at the top, and then having deflation rise the value of your $, is too good an offer to pass up.

Bitcoin on the other hand ( with the market so new, there is still room for Massive growth ) will continue to rise.

Bitcoin was never about protecting your money, its been about replacing the broken system, with honest money. a powerful mission, sure to gain support as the $ goes nuts.

very, very good.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
November 17, 2012, 02:28:11 PM

Gold (and to a lesser extent, silver - more volatile market) will retain value even as the price drops.

i have a hard time believing that...
to me gold created a "fear inflation" bubble
selling gold at the top, and then having deflation rise the value of your $, is too good an offer to pass up.

Bitcoin on the other hand ( with the market so new, there is still room for Massive growth ) will continue to rise.

Bitcoin was never about protecting your money, its been about replacing the broken system, with honest money. a powerful mission, sure to gain support as the $ goes nuts.
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
November 17, 2012, 02:26:50 PM

i won't argue with that.  but i think Bitcoin has a good chance to go up thru this period of deflation.  that's whats so intriguing...

Can you give an estimate of how long this period would be?
legendary
November 17, 2012, 02:21:12 PM

i won't argue with that.  but i think Bitcoin has a good chance to go up thru this period of deflation.  that's whats so intriguing...
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
November 17, 2012, 02:13:49 PM

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
November 17, 2012, 02:06:17 PM
I thought dude lived in Montreal....

Close, I live off the island.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
November 17, 2012, 02:04:06 PM
I thought dude lived in Montreal....
legendary
November 17, 2012, 02:00:45 PM
Housing is still way over-priced in my opinion. Perhaps not dangerously so any more but enough, potentially, to cause some problems down the road.

the US went ape shit crazy and gave away mortgages to anyone, ( all thanks to the golden boy? )

Canada didn't do this.

I'm sure most countries are fine, and mortgages are not in a bubble ...

have u heard what's happening to Vancouver real estate?

nope, but i did hear housing prices in my area are sure to go up in the next few years.

wrong:  http://www.theprovince.com/business/Vancouver+buyer+market+home+sales+prices+fall/7557885/story.html#axzz2CVJgE9XA
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
November 17, 2012, 01:57:14 PM
Housing is still way over-priced in my opinion. Perhaps not dangerously so any more but enough, potentially, to cause some problems down the road.

the US went ape shit crazy and gave away mortgages to anyone, ( all thanks to the golden boy? )

Canada didn't do this.

nope, but i did hear housing prices in my area are sure to go up in the next few years.
legendary
November 17, 2012, 01:51:05 PM

Canada didn't do this.

legendary
November 17, 2012, 01:50:18 PM

Canada didn't do this.

LOL!  are u kidding me?  ALL countries have done this with the most notable problem child being Spain.
legendary
November 17, 2012, 01:49:18 PM
Ok so think about this...

gold and silver has been betting the USD would go continue to go down and recently have been scaring people into buying gold and silver , saying the USD would drop to 0  Shocked.

what will happen to gold and silver if deflation sets in?   Undecided

there'a at least 182 pages of my gold thread where i voice my opinion on this. 
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
November 17, 2012, 01:46:26 PM

Canada didn't do this.

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
November 17, 2012, 01:43:18 PM
Ok so think about this...

gold and silver has been betting the USD would go continue to go down and recently have been scaring people into buying gold and silver , saying the USD would drop to 0  Shocked.

what will happen to gold and silver if deflation sets in?   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2130
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
November 17, 2012, 01:40:45 PM
legendary
November 17, 2012, 01:37:08 PM
Ben is pissing into an actively flushing toilet of destructing debt.  he'll never fill up the bowl.  plus, he's just a little wimp/pimp with a small bladder and appendage anyways.  how anybody thinks he owns a White Horse is beyond me.

so why do i think Bitcoin rises in this scenario?  wouldn't i think it would drop as well since i think gold and silver drops?  no.  its b/c we need a better system and Bitcoin offers that.  its also born of the Internet which is a big reason why all this is happening in the first place.  Bitcoin is just a baby at this point and is destined to become Godzilla.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
November 17, 2012, 01:36:53 PM
So what effect do you think these guys will have:
http://rollingjubilee.org/

Given that they're buying up debt and then destroying it?

6.5 million is nothing, no effect?
legendary
November 17, 2012, 01:29:15 PM
why do u think the ECB and Fed are so desperately trying to prevent Greece and subprime borrowers from defaulting?  why do u think dead beat homeowners are being allowed to stay in their homes at NO COST.  b/c the banks don't want to write off the mortgages aka debt destruction of the asset side of their balance sheets aka known as negative equity or BK.  the Greeks and subprime borrowers know how to play the game.

k but wouldn't Greeks defaults effect the EUR not USD

its one huge pyramid scheme originating with the USD.  being the world's reserve currency, USD's form the base and reserves of every countries individual fiat currency.  most foreign debt is denominated in USD's.  we're one big interconnected economy.  no such thing as decoupling.  Triffin's Dilemma.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas
November 17, 2012, 01:27:07 PM
So what effect do you think these guys will have:
http://rollingjubilee.org/

Given that they're buying up debt and then destroying it?

Alas, Bitcoin doesn't appear to be among their payment options. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: