Pages:
Author

Topic: USD vs BTC - page 101. (Read 121137 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
May 01, 2016, 11:23:55 AM
By far, this is probably one of the (I don't want to be rude, but I can't think of any other word) 'uneducated' question I have seen that's made in this section. If you go out and ask a random person about this question, let's say 10 people, the chance of them saying that they know bitcoin would be 0.5/10. Out of class in college, only 2 of us out of 30 knows about bitcoin.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
May 01, 2016, 11:16:43 AM
is bitcoin more popular than US Dollar ?

No, US Dollar is more popular than bitcoin. But someday bitcoin can stand same as US Dollar, especially when the price of bitcoin going so high and makes more people using bitcoin.
Activity: 350
May 01, 2016, 11:13:55 AM
not sure if trolling...

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
May 01, 2016, 11:04:37 AM
people in the world majority still use dollar than bitcoin currently even though popularity of bitcoin has increase day by day but still less popular than dollar but might be if you asking these questions for next 10 years it is possible bitcoin more popular than US dollar
Activity: 350
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
May 01, 2016, 10:35:53 AM
I think the answer to that question if Bitcoin is more popular than the dollar is subjective because for some people Bitcoin is a way better alternative than local currency if they are just shopping stuff online while the dollar is more convenient if they do predominantly cash purchases. Bitcoin can substitute successfully debit and credit cards. So I think it depends on the occasion.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 01, 2016, 10:31:11 AM
Bitcoin has a market capitalization of 7 billion.

If you use Google, you can see that in contrast there are 1.45 trillion US dollars in circulation.

well one is limited by its limited usage still pretty young, the other is an ancient relic which is still being printed like no tomorrow

it's about inflation vs deflation, even so the last year there was no a big inflation for the usd
Every year USD got an inflation. US debt is the biggest in the world. That makes inflation rise up.

USD is still the world primary currency. Almost everything is counted in USD.

Bitcoin is still new. It will take time for them to be used by everyone in the world.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
May 01, 2016, 10:27:47 AM
I actually prefer the BTC because now 1 BTC = $ 450 +
but today very few stores that accept BTC, so I prefer the USD than on BTC
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 01, 2016, 10:25:56 AM

If you use Google, you can see that in contrast there are 1.45 trillion US dollars in circulation.

well one is limited by its limited usage still pretty young, the other is an ancient relic which is still being printed like no tomorrow

it's about inflation vs deflation, even so the last year there was no a big inflation for the usd
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
May 01, 2016, 10:17:04 AM
USD remains a force. if USD compete with bitcoin, the USD remains in first place. USD is the benchmark of all currencies that exist today.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 505
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
May 01, 2016, 10:12:29 AM
USD is going to take a huge hit in the near future. (like 6 months)

Right now anything is a better investment than USD, that includes; Gold, Btc, Euro, Petrol and everything.

I agree because usd is very strong curriency and origanated on strong country were all people knows about usd and  you can use it anywhere in globe you can easily use it to buy goods and  GAdgets in physical store or in online store. While bitcoin is not known of all people and adoption to online store is lackiNg for bitcoin for now.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
May 01, 2016, 10:00:21 AM
USD is going to take a huge hit in the near future. (like 6 months)

Right now anything is a better investment than USD, that includes; Gold, Btc, Euro, Petrol and everything.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
May 01, 2016, 09:56:10 AM
Once more people figure out what Bitcoin is and why people should use it over USD, you will see the tables being turned quickly. Bitcoin can become more popular, if people really know what the difference is.

Bitcoin {the token} is just that.. a token or a representation of it's currency value... but it is much more than that.... You can use the Blockchain for so much more... and this is where Bitcoin trumps the USD.

Did I really say, Trump? .... In any way... pun was intended.  Roll Eyes ...Given the freedom to do that, Bitcoin will become more popular than the Dollar, but for now... The Dollar is more popular. {Just remember it

has been around much longer}  
Activity: 321
May 01, 2016, 09:51:57 AM

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
May 01, 2016, 09:48:25 AM
Lol I think USD is one reason why satoshi nakamoto make bitcoin,because we know USD is not complex... because USD need more attention to use it like Transaction and etc.... it's why satoshi nakamoto make bitcoin..... but we know bitcoin is only simple and complex form from USD.....
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
May 01, 2016, 09:47:41 AM
Can't be Compared. USD is fiat and is used as a function of money in general.Bitcoin mostly as online payment as well as PayPal and others.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 01, 2016, 09:36:40 AM
Lol even the people around me and around my town had never heard the word "bitcoin" so obvious that bitcoin has not been popular in many areas. perhaps only in part of the city or the Internet  only that bitcoin famous
in contrast to the dollar. who is people does not know about dollar?
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
May 01, 2016, 09:31:39 AM
Nope. Try asking a random stranger and ask them if they know BTC. Some might say yes to that question but without even asking them if they know USD, the answer is automatically yes because they use USD everyday.

BTC on the other hand is just for people who spends time on the Internet and/or has a friend who introduced him/her to bitcoin. USD has been around for decades and BTC is just starting to gain popularity. I'd say that BTC is sort of becoming popular to some areas but not all that knows bitcoin uses bitcoin.

I bet 80% of the population in the world knows USD and has seen one while there's really small percentage of people who knows BTC and I think they haven't seen a physical BTC coin. Like me, I've known and I have BTC for so long but I've never seen a physical BTC coin personally. Smiley
Activity: 420
May 01, 2016, 09:24:14 AM
USD DOLLAR is fiat money. This money is the most traded currency in the forex market and this most commonly converted currency in the world. So what do you think who will win. The bitcoin that cant buy directly all the things in market or the USD that can buy all the things directly. We all know that bitcoin cant buy directly so we need USD, so that we can buy all the things we want to buy. Bitcoin cant match USD even if the price of bitcoin is higher than USD.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
May 01, 2016, 09:14:28 AM
I find it hard to believe someone needs to ask if the USD/Petro Dollar is less popular than BTC. Crazy talk, BTC is nowhere near more popular and never will be unless the USD collapses in the future.

Totally agree! This question is the funniest and common sense related I ever read at Bitcointalk. If Bitcoin is being used more than USD, today, Bitcointalk will probably be filled with a lot of posts every second - more than twitter's tweets!
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
May 01, 2016, 09:12:02 AM
US DOLLAR is fiat money and it is property of government (Banks).
Which s better? We all know that answer, but which have more power and we all know USD!
Bitcoin is too small to attack an system, built few hundred years ago and established so well that many people don't even realized and don't know who controlling the world and how.
Pages:
Jump to: